Kirchner- A risk or a potential reward

simmoram1995

43 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

You might have heard of Bitcoin or even Ethereum, B4. These are proposed as new forms of money, and since 2008 (when Bitcoin began) these things have risen in value by massive amounts. If you were able to acquire Bitcoin in the first couple of years you would be a serious multimillionaire now.

There's a thread in the Jim Smith room but I'm not sure how informative it is.

Is that 8bn and something is what kircher get in 

56 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Can’t be bothered to read the thread but I’m surprisingly annoyed by the title, both options, Risk or Reward, should have the same element of “potential” against them, or neither should. But by suggesting Reward is only “potential”, readers could subconsciously infer that Risk is guaranteed whereas Reward is less likely. Disingenuous. 

Any such appointment (of a custodian) carries a strong inherent risk - risk is guaranteed -  and in football the majority of appointments ultimately end up in failure so suggesting that reward is the less likely scenario is entirely accurate imo.

Now if the title was 'Kirchner- A disaster or a potential reward?' I'd maybe agree. Although that would a not me because there's no such term as 'disaster or reward'.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Is that 8bn and something is what kircher get in 

The word "crypto" is short for encrypted which means "secret". Which means we don't know how much of it people have, as this information is not public. But it becomes ever easier to exchange it for tradition money like pounds or dollars. If you've heard Kirchner has billions of dollars then that's not something I have heard, but it is possible. If in the early days of Bitcoin he'd amassed a hundred thousand or two hundred thousand, that would equate to billions of dollars now.

But it's highly unlikely. We shall find out over time if the sale goes through.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Can’t be bothered to read the thread but I’m surprisingly annoyed by the title, both options, Risk or Reward, should have the same element of “potential” against them, or neither should. But by suggesting Reward is only “potential”, readers could subconsciously infer that Risk is guaranteed whereas Reward is less likely. Disingenuous. 

Not to be picky but risk is defined as uncertainty in outcome and can have both positive and negative outcomes. A more apt title may be 'the risks of Kirchner'  ?

29 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The word "crypto" is short for encrypted which means "secret". Which means we don't know how much of it people have, as this information is not public. But it becomes ever easier to exchange it for tradition money like pounds or dollars. If you've heard Kirchner has billions of dollars then that's not something I have heard, but it is possible. If in the early days of Bitcoin he'd amassed a hundred thousand or two hundred thousand, that would equate to billions of dollars now.

You can see how much people have but you need the wallet address to do it.

It's how lots of famous YouTubers who made a (allegedly) Scam Coin got caught. People knew their wallet address and could see that had done a "pump and dump" of this new coin they all promoted. They hyped it up, then sold all their reserves (given to them for free) within 24hrs of the coins release. Making off with like 30mill between them made off impressionable young fans. Luckily every transaction is recorded so hopefully they get their punishment

33 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Agree but note that it’s not short for encrypted (well it is but……).: It’s the Latinised of form of the Greek for secret - Kryptos and crops up in medicine (cryptosporidium ) and IT (cryptographic) and politics (cryptocracy) etc.   Right, after being a maven, it’s  back to finishing my Malbec……..

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

What is crypto mate

Some would say crypto is ‘emperors new clothes’. 

What crypto fans do, is buy crypto- initially and ironically with traditional money (pounds, dollars etc). Then, once purchased, they can purchase other types of crypto with the crypto they purchased with traditional money.

To drive the value of the crypto upwards, people who are usually ‘Bitcoin’ fans who are also on Twitter/Facebook etc. put an image of themselves in their profile with red lasers shining out of their eyes. Seeing these images, immediately hypnotises all those who see them, and they purchase crypto (usually Bitcoin) and the value increases, as supply is limited as it has to be ‘mined’ via computers, using complicated calculations.

Here’s a pic of Tom Brady. Don’t stare at it for more than a second.

98860ADD-0793-4840-8A91-EFB88BC11A7A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Agree but note that it’s not short for encrypted (well it is but……).: It’s the Latinised of form of the Greek for secret - Kryptos and crops up in medicine (cryptosporidium ) and IT (cryptographic) and politics (cryptocracy) etc.   Right, after being a maven, it’s  back to finishing my Malbec……..

So it's not unreasonable to call those who try and push this stuff to naive investors "Kryptossers"? 

I'm starting to think Kirchner has more front than Brighton...or dare I say it, Alonso.

Tweeting himself with Niall Horan and saying "2 Rams at the Masters", tweeting pictures of a Ram, answering a fan tonight saying Rooney will be coach next year.

I do hope actions speak louder than words/pictures.

Wow, a hell of a lot of information coming from him on Twitter. 

All the answers are what we want to hear.

As I said before, he's either a total bull******* fantasist...or life is going to be good again soon. 

Love his positivity, his openness and determination to just get on with stuff, not surprised he was sorely disillusioned with the administrators, he's a regular whirlwind isn't he. If he's even 80% accurate in what he actually delivers he will get some serious love from me...yep #readytobehurtagain

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Wow, a hell of a lot of information coming from him on Twitter. 

All the answers are what we want to hear.

As I said before, he's either a total bull******* fantasist...or life is going to be good again soon. 

Love his positivity, his openness and determination to just get on with stuff, not surprised he was sorely disillusioned with the administrators, he's a regular whirlwind isn't he. If he's even 80% accurate in what he actually delivers he will get some serious love from me...yep #readytobehurtagain

Love the #readytobehurtagain hashtag.

We all know its going to happen again after hes seduced us in lol

shame we’re not in a position to play it more hard to get and not be lay on our backs there waiting to be shafted again lol

13 hours ago, Crewton said:

So it's not unreasonable to call those who try and push this stuff to naive investors "Kryptossers"? 

Crypto or more specifically defi (decentralised finance) is the future of banking imo and people have made millions from it… im making from it myslef… sadly with nothing more than some play money lol

dont knock it. It might end up paying our way back to the prem lol ??

11 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

except far more unstable, has no official state backing apart from El Salvador I believe and has a carbon footprint that unless something changes quickly probably makes it unsustainable for future use. 

Our monetary system is screwed mate.

the pound in your pocket is loosing value to the tune of 7% a year at current rates cos of inflation

whats the stat 95% of the worlds wealth is owned by 1% of the population or something like that 

but yer being backed by only one state is the problem ??

the fed and bank of england are devaluing every penny u earn and hold in ur bank by printing more and more of it

im no btc maxi or anything like it, im quite critical about a lot about it but im telling u now when i can earn 8-20% on my money by downloading one app on my phone at a drop of a hat or i can leave it my bank and earn 0.01% .. u think crypto is the issue?.

crypto done right is a chance to break the mould

our financial system is broken and geared to keeping the rich rich and the poor poor 

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Actually, with total, utter due respect thats a big misconception.

any transaction can be viewed by anybody on the blockchain.

i can send u £2.. £2000 or 2m and anybody can view it

Any monies leaving or entering my wallet can be viewed.

wallet holdings on some chains can also be viewed

Like u say if he bought btc early.. which tbh given his age and background is highly highly possible he could be sat on an absolute truck tonne

Ill do some digging lol

anyone know his walllet address ? Lol

What I found interesting is that when Kirchner returned to re-bid for Derby, the Twitter offense archaeologists were out in force trying to dig up as much dirt as possible when none of this seemed to happen over his Preston bid. What is it with us? This anti-Derby agenda (from the EFL down) is a really odd and disturbing thing. Normally you'd say it was jealousy.

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

What I found interesting is that when Kirchner returned to re-bid for Derby, the Twitter offense archaeologists were out in force trying to dig up as much dirt as possible when none of this seemed to happen over his Preston bid. What is it with us? This anti-Derby agenda (from the EFL down) is a really odd and disturbing thing. Normally you'd say it was jealousy.

Agree also I think some of the hypocrisy of those Twitterati is astounding, when you view their previous tweets with the CK ones that caused outrage. Plus I think they are a little sore that they may be denied that party they wanted in June.

35 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Forest fans