Kirchner- A risk or a potential reward

simmoram1995

Of course there is an element of risk. he is a bit of an unknown to us has never owned an English football club before. That said, he has some people on board who know the game over here very well indeed and his intention seems to be owner and not the person running things day to day which seems sensible.

There is a chance that this might end badly of course, who knows, but alternatively it might be an excellent fit and fresh ideas. He has been selected now so lets just leave him to do the paperwork and strike his deals as quickly as he is able and hope that there isn't too much fallout regarding potential penalties. I don't see that we really have much choice in our situation. It would however be nice to hear some statement as soon as possible about what the general state of play is and what his plan is. With avoiding relegation looking less likely by the game, what is concerning us fans is stuff like: (and understanding that some of this can only be addressed once a sale is complete) :

- Can we confirm that we have sufficient agreement on debt settlement to maintain our golden share ?

- Will there be a points deduction of any kind, if so, when will this apply ?

-  What is the timescale of this potential takeover ?

- Given the fact that it will be weeks at least until sale completion and given the utterly threadbare nature of the squad and more contracts expiring shortly, will we be able to tie some of our remaining players down to contracts and potentially sign some free against at least? It seems unlikely that we will have much (if any) time to assemble a viable competitive squad in time for pre-season so with a possibility of deductions it will be absolutely vital to hit the ground running next year and give the manager a fighting chance.

- Will we be able to buy Season Tickets soon? If so, what is the likely timescale for that ?

- How onerous will the EFL approved/enforced business plan be? Will it give the new owner scope to actually help rebuild or will we be completely hamstrung by the actions of previous owner for years ?

Many more I'm sure...

Ashley was my original choice, however he sold Newcastle for a reported £350 million, he could have bought Derby for around £50 million making himself a very good return of around £300 million, yet he has sat back and watched the club disintigrate with the loss of the future academy players for peanuts, and alongside established senior players that the club have had to sell.

The structure of the club is broken and the rebuild of the club need not have been needed if Ashley had stepped in and bought the club, 2 to 3 months ago he would have had a team along with a fantastic academy already in place,

Ashley is a big NO

7 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Ashley was my original choice, however he sold Newcastle for a reported £350 million, he could have bought Derby for around £50 million making himself a very good return of around £300 million, yet he has sat back and watched the club disintigrate with the loss of the future academy players for peanuts, and alongside established senior players that the club have had to sell.

The structure of the club is broken and the rebuild of the club need not have been needed if Ashley had stepped in and bought the club, 2 to 3 months ago he would have had a team along with a fantastic academy already in place,

Ashley is a big NO

This makes little sense. Kirchner could have bought us before Christmas in time for the Jan window, but pulled out. 

There is more to Kirchners bid than is being let on I think, in terms of his weath and/or who is backing his bid.

Gary Cook and Paul Stretford wouldn't join forces with someone who hasn't got 2 quid to his name, and for Rooney to back his bid, he has surely been tipped off from Stretford that he is the real deal. 

For me, just opinion, but I have a feeling there are other wealthy people involved in this bid.

Let's remember, this is the person that John Percy described as "the dream".

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

yes it is,ck is the preferred bidder

Following this thread and news on SM religiously for what seems a lifetime...then I miss it....????, wow,full time working nights and daytime drinking is screwing my head up......my view however is Yippee I yay.....I know he's an unknown quantity, and the future is still uncertainties, but at least we have moved slightly forward

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This makes little sense. Kirchner could have bought us before Christmas in time for the Jan window, but pulled out. 

My opinion the administrators had plenty of options who to sell the club to, and Kirchner's offer at the time was not large enough bid for the administrators, if i recall it was £30 million one year and then another £30 million the next, so did the administrators advice him to up his bid or withdraw from the race, which sadly did not happen for which the club as suffered for there as been no bidding war, which the administrators was expecting to happen ?

3 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

My opinion the administrators had plenty of options who to sell the club to, and Kirchner's offer at the time was not large enough bid for the administrators, if i recall it was £30 million one year and then another £30 million the next, so did the administrators advice him to up his bid or withdraw from the race, which sadly did not happen for which the club as suffered for there as been no bidding war, which the administrators was expecting to happen ?

His intimation on Twitter was that Morris and the stadium had something to do with him withdrawing his bid. 

There's still a long road to travel...

It's certainly a risk because we don't seem to know much about him... On a quick inspection, it doesn't look like he's got massive cash flow to sustain us in the long term if money is needed to be poured in and his bid doesn't appear to be including the stadium nor meet the 25p in the pound threshold. The bid doesn't sound like one that is attractive but rather it's that or liquidation is beckoning.  If he's big into crypto that for me is a bit of a red flag if I'm honest too.

But this is all speculation.  He may be a fantastic manager who can delegate, secure extra investment and run the club as sustainably as possibly by developing a football ethos that is attractive. He may also equally likely be a blowhard who doesn't have the first idea what he's doing and after a takeover completely bottom out the club. As we don't have much information then we've got to just wait and see what happens. Personally, I'd have preferred some kind of white knight who was a known quantity but none of those are appearing so we'll have to go with this. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There is more to Kirchners bid than is being let on I think, in terms of his weath and/or who is backing his bid.

Gary Cook and Paul Stretford wouldn't join forces with someone who hasn't got 2 quid to his name, and for Rooney to back his bid, he has surely been tipped off from Stretford that he is the real deal. 

For me, just opinion, but I have a feeling there are other wealthy people involved in this bid.

Is that him? I had forgotten that and didnt really know who he referred to. Thanks for reminder

16 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Is that him? I had forgotten that and didnt really know who he referred to. Thanks for reminder

Wouldn't bank on it tbh, I'm not sure he ever confirmed that's who he meant, and people have interpreted vague tweets based of who they 'think' (but don't know) is actively in the running in so many different ways over the course of the past 7 months that 2+2 might as well actually equal 5 now, or 22, or 576.

There was a time when people had convinced themselves that Appleby had buddied up with Glick and his backer was that bloke worth $17bn.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Wouldn't bank on it tbh, I'm not sure he ever confirmed that's who he meant, and people have interpreted vague tweets based of who they 'think' (but don't know) is actively in the running in so many different ways over the course of the past 7 months that 2+2 might as well actually equal 5 now, or 22, or 576.

There was a time when people had convinced themselves that Appleby had buddied up with Glick and his backer was that bloke worth $117bn.

Now that would be the dream!

The issue is that Kirchner has no money of his own to speak off. It's likely there are members of of this forum (not including Mel) who are wealthier than Kirchner is. So the question is where the money is coming from?

Are there other backers with the types of funds required to run a loss-making club? Will they all pass the EFL's tests? Or is Kirchner borrowing the money to buy us, perhaps with a view to putting the debts on the club as the Glazers did with Man Utd? 

It seems an enormous unknown but we appear to have little choice and I guess that's the conclusion the administrators came to as well. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Agree 100% with this.  Despite what you may think from his Tweets, he seems to be a pretty private person.  Trying to find out about his wealth, personal life etc is a bit of a challenge.  On paper he doesn't look to be the billionaire that Ashley is, with a purported personal wealth of only a few million.  Someone with a personal wealth of only £5-6 million could make many wonder why he was even being considered. 

He must have financial backing, significant at that to even be considered.  I'm convinced there's more to this guy's bid than we know.  I recall Simon Jordan, whose words, for the record, I take with a pinch of salt, saying “The guy has got serious money.".   Let's hope Percy is right. 

16 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

In before my edit ?

$117bn? Oops! $17bn!

I think when you get to $1bn you probably lose count. Which is why I have concluded in a stereotypical way that all billionaires are nasty miserly gits as if I was a billionaire with even an ounce of love of football I would have stepped in and just bought a founder of the football league in danger of liquidation. Would be like me buying two euromillion lucky dips to them and instant adoration in return. Look how they all came out woodwork for Chelsea. Hate them all - sorry rant over!