Kirchner- A risk or a potential reward

simmoram1995

4 hours ago, SirBrian said:

Ashley was my original choice, however he sold Newcastle for a reported £350 million, he could have bought Derby for around £50 million making himself a very good return of around £300 million, yet he has sat back and watched the club disintigrate with the loss of the future academy players for peanuts, and alongside established senior players that the club have had to sell.

The structure of the club is broken and the rebuild of the club need not have been needed if Ashley had stepped in and bought the club, 2 to 3 months ago he would have had a team along with a fantastic academy already in place,

Ashley is a big NO

Why should Ashley have overbid to clear Morris's wrong doings?? If he'd said 30m plus the stadium for small money then fair enough you can criticise MA but this whole mess is down to a clown owner who I would'nt trust to run a bath let alone a football club...like him or not Ashley didn't leave Newcastle in the poo like Morris did for us and he hasn't become a succesful businessman by paying nearly 20m more than its worth ...Morris is a disgrace to DCFC and has cost us several years of progression

MA is not the villain here and think we're lucky that Kirchener is prepared to buy us without the ground and about 5 players in contract.....if that is still the case after being given exclusivity to our books I'll be amazed and MA might still get the club for the price he sees as correct

Edited by S8TY

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No, both reports are getting that figure by typing "Chris Kirchners net worth" into Google. I was doing that back in November.

Never trust anything on google/wiki.

Ive yet to see any evidence that he has a substantial amount of money. 

Ie £100m

If he hasn't got that is either

A) Borrowing against the club 

B) Just a front man

Or

C) Wasting everyone's time 

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Ie £100m

B) Just a front man

Or

What evidence do you want?
Has he got to show you his bank accounts, or maybe deposit some bonds in an account where we can all rummage through them?

It’s unlikely he’s paying £35 mil as that would cover the debt. 

he’s already demonstrated he had at least £60 mil to fund the club for the next 2 years. As he’s spending less to buy it and not paying for the stadium that probably frees up money to invest in playing staff as we’ve lost quite a few players since his initial interest started.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Ie £100m

B) Just a front man

Or

He's already shown significant 'liquid assets' to the administrators and EFL in the first instance. I can't remember the exact quote or figures, but I know there had to be something in significance. 

You don't get this far down the road without bearing all, as it were. 

24 minutes ago, sage said:

Ie £100m

B) Just a front man

Or

I agree, the info on him is vague at best, but, if he is a front man, like Alonso was, then he could be the front for some rich folk.

I again harp back to Cook and Stretton, you would hope they are involved for good reason.

24 minutes ago, sage said:

Ie £100m

B) Just a front man

Or

Realistically in our current state and with no ground how would A be possible? Although I was joking with in Quantuma we trust, we have to as why would CK publish his net worth, and especially to us? Much as we despise them this is where you would expect the EFL to do their job. 

26 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

He convinced the Administrators that he had the funds.

Do you need proof personally?

Cannot understand why we have a positive and on this forum they want to turn it into a negative!!! wished i had invested in Gillette for their share price must have soared on razor blade sales in Derby ha ha

31 minutes ago, curb said:

What evidence do you want?
Has he got to show you his bank accounts, or maybe deposit some bonds in an account where we can all rummage through them?

He can do what the Glazers did at Man Utd -  Borrow the money and your profit pays the interest, just like a buy to let mortgage. But the most important thing is to make a profit by screwing your overheads down tight.

29 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

He can do what the Glazers did at Man Utd -  Borrow the money and your profit pays the interest, just like a buy to let mortgage. But the most important thing is to make a profit by screwing your overheads down tight.

You've got to secure that borrowing against something though.  If reports are correct and he isn't buying the stadium, then we don't have any assets to secure it against.  So if he is borrowing the money, it's basically nothing to do with the club.  He must have it secured against something else he owns somewhere, which puts the club in a much stronger position if anything goes wrong.

And I don't see any evidence that he has the right kind of money personally to afford us.  Owning a company worth £Xb doesn't mean anything at all in terms of actual cash in hand.  And you need significantly more than the £30m or whatever purchase price that is being talked about to even consider it.  Even forgetting costs going forward, to splash that much on something as risky as a football club, it needs to be a relatively insignificant portion of your overall wealth. or you need to be genuinely insane.

I'm fairly convinced he has another party somewhere providing the funding. It's the only thing that really makes sense.