v Millwall (H) Match Thread

Day

Still think there is a point in this if we can get an early goal. But by god we have to tighten up at the back. That was a horror show at the back. Grates me that someone like Rowett can do a job on us, so uninspiring but effective. Him and Millwall are the perfect fit.

3 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Sibbo may have won the points last game, but I can see why Rooney won't start him regularly. Everytime he gets a start he seems to flatter to deceive.

Capable of scoring spectacular goals but gives the ball away an awful lot. He'd probably look better in a more dominant team but he's quite a luxury/risk for a team like us

10 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

We are making them look better.

Yes. We’ve got the wrong line up playing poorly. Big changes needed. Bird to drop deep, Bielik to play ahead of him. Sibley off, Tommo on. Fozzy for Buchanan. CKR to come on after 65 I guess.
This shows why we want Festy as our super sub 

Schoolboy from Davies to give Wallace a chance to swing one in within the first minute. Never really recovered after that. Plange is being bullied, Sibley isn’t looking great, Buchanan despite looking like a decent outlet last season offers the same as Forsyth. 

Millwall happy to sit and let us make an error going forward. Very disappointing display this far. A Rowettball wet dream.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Stearman? Cashin has been our best player.

We’re two down we can’t concede again he’s had a couple of good games but time for experience imo 

13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I know we have to say that this is our worst performance ever, everyone is terrible etc etc, but perhaps we could say that Millwall look much better than we expected??

Point is we don't have to say it, certainly not in the manner some posters do. The performance has been variously described as disgusting, disgraceful and every player should be ashamed of themselves already which is unnecessary and just plain wrong given the effort that these players have put in recently. You are right that Millwall have simply been much better so far and there are many justifiable reasons for this

Just now, SillyBilly said:

Still think there is a point in this if we can get an early goal. But by god we have to tighten up at the back. That was a horror show at the back. Grates me that someone like Rowett can do a job on us, so uninspiring but effective. Him and Millwall are the perfect fit.

We're getting a lesson in doing basics 

They deliver the ball to good areas, it doesn't bounce off them under no pressure and that's that. A functional performance while we fumble and snatch at the simplest shot/cross/set piece.

I hate losing like this. Its a percentage football masterclass and we insist on giving them cheap possession to use it

Just now, chezzyram said:

Point is we don't have to say it, certainly not in the manner some posters do. The performance has been variously described as disgusting, disgraceful and every player should be ashamed of themselves already which is unnecessary and just plain wrong given the effort that these players have put in recently. You are right that Millwall have simply been much better so far and there are many justifiable reasons for this

You got to take into account we haven’t got the squad pretty much every other team has in the division. They are going to be tired and not going to be playing at their highest level week in week out. We have bigger fish to fry. The main thing is for DCFC to survive. These lads have given everything and so has Rooney. Back the boys. If we go down we go down. As long as there is a Derby County to support I couldn’t give a toss 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

We're getting a lesson in doing basics 

They deliver the ball to good areas, it doesn't bounce off them under no pressure and that's that. A functional performance while we fumble and snatch at the simplest shot/cross/set piece.

I hate losing like this. Its a percentage football masterclass and we insist on giving them cheap possession to use it

Too many of our players don't get it. Maybe in two or three years they will...

Hopefully next half, Wayne?!

Off the pace and over reliant on youngsters. It's going to happen ad we don't have many options to rest players.

Nothing much anyone can do, the players are trying it's just not working. Sadly this is where we are as a club, can't really blame anyone but happy seeing the subs early. Grab an early one and we might be in with a shout.

Worried Festy is off, hoping it's just a bit of a knock...