WE ARE DERBY COUNTY, AND WE ARE STAYING UP, ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!

Day

In some ways its one of the best seasons since the days of Jim Smith.

No "we should be beating clubs like..., are we ready for the PL, we won't go up with Keogh" etc

No in-fighting, no anger towards players, no wrist slashers or happy clappers

Just pretty much everyone is like "feck it. We'll give it a go" 

Besides the stress it makes you very proud of Derby fans, players, staff and Derby people. Which hasn't always been the case in much happier times. 

If we only overhaul Reading then folk will say it was only a 15 point deduction that we overcame.

We won’t care one little bit. Maybe we will have something to thank the EFL for, after all, come the end of the season.

Edited by 24Charlie

So, 30 matches played and into the last third of the season.

Over the 30 matches, our points-per-game (PPG) is 1.3...

Over the last 15 games, our PPG is 1.47...

Over the last 8 games (cos can't do 7.5!), our PPG is 1.75...

Despite the many, many, hurdles thrown in our path we are getting better and better!

We are on track - keep up the current rate and we'll finish on a deduction adjusted total of 46 points (67 earned on the pitch).

The greatest escape of all time is on.

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

So, 30 matches played and into the last third of the season.

Over the 30 matches, our points-per-game (PPG) is 1.3...

Over the last 15 games, our PPG is 1.47...

Over the last 8 games (cos can't do 7.5!), our PPG is 1.75...

Despite the many, many, hurdles thrown in our path we are getting better and better!

We are on track - keep up the current rate and we'll finish on a deduction adjusted total of 46 points (67 earned on the pitch).

The greatest escape of all time is on.

I think this shows how the young lads have progressed as the seasons gone on.  Massive props to the coaching staff for bringing them on so quickly.

Guys! Please! .... Scansion!

I love, love, love the song and the spirit, but the first line is doing my head in: it has too many syllables. You can't hear it very well, because everyone jumbles out "twenty one points" in a rush.

MUCH better if "points" was dropped and the line was "They docked us twenty one" - the same syllables and rhythm as "Allez allez allez" and you can finish the line on a good long "ooone".

Please amend accordingly and report for singing practice at the Riverside Stadium at 15:00 on 12 March.

33 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I love, love, love the song and the spirit, but the first line is doing my head in: it has too many syllables. You can't hear it very well, because everyone jumbles out "twenty one points" in a rush.

MUCH better if "points" was dropped and the line was "They docked us twenty one" - the same syllables and rhythm as "Allez allez allez" and you can finish the line on a good long "ooone".

Please amend accordingly and report for singing practice at the Riverside Stadium at 15:00 on 12 March.

Has the EFL postponed the Feb match!!!!

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

In some ways its one of the best seasons since the days of Jim Smith.

No "we should be beating clubs like..., are we ready for the PL, we won't go up with Keogh" etc

No in-fighting, no anger towards players, no wrist slashers or happy clappers

Just pretty much everyone is like "feck it. We'll give it a go" 

Besides the stress it makes you very proud of Derby fans, players, staff and Derby people. Which hasn't always been the case in much happier times. 

This is the vital ingredient that’s been missing over recent years. We’ve had players good enough to get us to the premier league. But have lacked the togetherness and never say die attitude to achieve the sum of the parts. It’s what won Leicester the premier league title. We at last have a team to be immensely proud of. If we can keep this team and team spirit and add a little depth and quality, then the sky is the limit. Absolutely loved it last night 

7 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I agree with your OCD in this matter! "they docked us 21" would be better.

What does scansion mean?

18 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I'm 69 and I've been watching DCFC since 1961 and going away since 1965. Of course the Clough years, followed by the Mackay years were the best and those of us who witnessed the times were so lucky I know. The next two and only legacy eras were those of Arthur Cox and Jim Smith. They were special too.

We've had some good times since with seasons under George Burley, a season under Billy Davies, who turned out a horrible man in my opinion and then the Nigel Clough years had some good moments. Steve McClaren built upon Nigel's team and nearly took us to the PL and the Frank Lampard season was memorable too but we just fell short of the PL when Villa beat us.

Cocu didn't deliver what Mel Morris hoped he would and through circumstance the club turned to Wayne Rooney. Despite the traumas of his first part season when we survived in the Championship on the final day of the season against Wednesday with the 3-3 draw, he led us into this season in critical circumstances where we couldn't realistically expect to survive relegation with the subsequent 21 point penalty which the EFL imposed upon the club..

But what a magnificent fight he has made of it for us to bring us to the point where survival in the Championship is now a realistic possibility under the most adverse restrictions that the EFL could impose on us. Having seen what came before, as I enter the evening of my life, I believe that Wayne Rooney offers the potential to become the best English born manager since Brian Clough and the longer he stays at DCFC the better. His leadership of this club has been magnificent against all the odds.

I liked Frank Lampard but I am glad he is now managing Everton and Wayne Rooney is managing Derby County.

Our city and county is united behind DCFC in the same way as it was in the Clough/Mackay halcyon years but in very different circumstances. Because of our current adversity, that is why I believe the current fanbase is the best I have been part of in all my years of watching Derby County and long may it continue.

Rooooooney!!!  COYR

As a mere whippersnapper aged 61 Brailsford me owd duck, I profoundly concur. ?