WE ARE DERBY COUNTY, AND WE ARE STAYING UP, ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!

Day

8 minutes ago, David said:

Another thing to mention, barely anyone is leaving early. We were 3-1 up but didn’t look a man or woman had left the South Stand, staying until after the FT whistle to continue with the Allez Allez Allez song. As @Ram1988 said, incredible.

Well said @David most of the south stand stand stayed for the best part of 5 minutes or so after the game. A stand, a football club, a community all coming together to celebrate a moment which felt special.

It really is becoming a season that I'm sure will be written into folklore. I've not enjoyed a season this much for going on a decade really. It's perverse as the collapsing scenery is around us but it seems that everyone's pulling together, the atmosphere tonight was again incredible and pride park is a real fortress for us now. I cannot remember the last time we made this much noise, kept on behind the lads and stuck together as one. Even if we go down we're going down swinging 

Edited by Leeds Ram

I'm 69 and I've been watching DCFC since 1961 and going away since 1965. Of course the Clough years, followed by the Mackay years were the best and those of us who witnessed the times were so lucky I know. The next two and only legacy eras were those of Arthur Cox and Jim Smith. They were special too.

We've had some good times since with seasons under George Burley, a season under Billy Davies, who turned out a horrible man in my opinion and then the Nigel Clough years had some good moments. Steve McClaren built upon Nigel's team and nearly took us to the PL and the Frank Lampard season was memorable too but we just fell short of the PL when Villa beat us.

Cocu didn't deliver what Mel Morris hoped he would and through circumstance the club turned to Wayne Rooney. Despite the traumas of his first part season when we survived in the Championship on the final day of the season against Wednesday with the 3-3 draw, he led us into this season in critical circumstances where we couldn't realistically expect to survive relegation with the subsequent 21 point penalty which the EFL imposed upon the club..

But what a magnificent fight he has made of it for us to bring us to the point where survival in the Championship is now a realistic possibility under the most adverse restrictions that the EFL could impose on us. Having seen what came before, as I enter the evening of my life, I believe that Wayne Rooney offers the potential to become the best English born manager since Brian Clough and the longer he stays at DCFC the better. His leadership of this club has been magnificent against all the odds.

I liked Frank Lampard but I am glad he is now managing Everton and Wayne Rooney is managing Derby County.

Our city and county is united behind DCFC in the same way as it was in the Clough/Mackay halcyon years but in very different circumstances. Because of our current adversity, that is why I believe the current fanbase is the best I have been part of in all my years of watching Derby County and long may it continue.

Rooooooney!!!  COYR

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, David said:

Another thing to mention, barely anyone is leaving early. We were 3-1 up but didn’t look a man or woman had left the South Stand, staying until after the FT whistle to continue with the Allez Allez Allez song. As @Ram1988 said, incredible.

It's starting to become a habit... hanging back to applaud all the players off.  Nothing short of deserved too, and I'm more than happy to forego my usual habit of being "one of the first out after the whistle", to join in.
"One Curtis Davies" ringing out in the NE Corner with only 2 other players (?) still out there with him.  What's not to like?  ?

Of course, plenty still gone by the final whistle, but have to agree, it looked like nobody had left the South Stand.  Great to see!  ?

7 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

It really is becoming a season that I'm sure will be written into folklore. I've not enjoyed a season this much for going on a decade really. It's perverse as the collapsing scenery is around us but it seems that everyone's pulling together, the atmosphere tonight was again incredible and pride park is a real fortress for us now. I cannot remember the last time we made this much noise, kept on behind the lads and stuck together as one. Even if we go down we're going down swinging 

? last time i enjoyed a season as much as this was probably jim smiths time and george burley.