OPEN LETTER TO TEAM Derby

kevinhectoring

Well done for getting MM into the fray.

But now Rome burns whilst two titanic egos and a nasty US lawyer are locked in a PR battle. And you have terrified the EFl into hiding behind 20 lawyers and an unwieldy rule book 

Forget the lengthy meetings. Gibson is intent on dragging Morris into a long set piece one to bully, humiliate and torture him publicly. It will achieve nothing. And Couhig will just sit there and excrete slime. You will be pushing it uphill 

The litigation options are either Russian roulette or too complex. And Q has left them too late 

But getting MM into the fray is the beginning of a solution. Now you need to put MASSIVE PRESSURE on him to indemnify the club against these claims. It’s not the only solution but it’s clean and can be done relatively quickly. 

There are a lot of you. Please organise and focus yourselves 

Agreed. This is the most obvious way forward if Mel can be persuaded to do it. Yesterday's 'sue me personally' challenge is superficially similar but is not actually a credible solution because legally the claims are against Derby County rather than Mel Morris and therefore could almost certainly not be pursued. Mel can partially redeem his legacy by taking this final step and thereby helping to save our club. And he'll get his chance to vanquish Gibson into the bargain!

Mel's statement was designed to flush out intent. Does Gibson want compensation for his perceived loss as he claims or does he want to just destroy dcfc? 

I agree they may well say its dcfc they are after and Mel may well have to indemnify dcfc but at least now the pressure has just sky rocketed on the parasites and the EFL. 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would imagine if MM is prepared to take on these costs he will want to have his own legal team driving this. Given Qs success to date I wouldn't blame him either.

Yeah, Mel cant wait for his day in court.

'Obviously, in a situation like this, Sam, err sorry I mean Stephen, has every right to defend his position.

'I anticipate this will end up in the courts and we are relishing that opportunity.

'I think the nature of what we are looking at and how we are dealing with it — particularly given the fact that these are obviously very serious allegations that have been made — inevitably it is going to end up in court.

'I think fans will get the benefit of full disclosure in the fullness of time.'

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Yeah, Mel cant wait for his day in court.

'Obviously, in a situation like this, Sam, err sorry I mean Stephen, has every right to defend his position.

'I anticipate this will end up in the courts and we are relishing that opportunity.

'I think the nature of what we are looking at and how we are dealing with it — particularly given the fact that these are obviously very serious allegations that have been made — inevitably it is going to end up in court.

'I think fans will get the benefit of full disclosure in the fullness of time.'

I don't care how the boys play. It could be that this is finally what is needed to allow the Club to be sold. Mel's statement contained some interesting facts that it was good to get into the open and the timing was spot on. The tweet from Amanda Solloway saying the EFL reneged on letting Q go to Court over whether the claim was a football debt was also good to know.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I don't care how the boys play. It could be that this is finally what is needed to allow the Club to be sold. Mel's statement contained some interesting facts that it was good to get into the open and the timing was spot on. The tweet from Amanda Solloway saying the EFL reneged on letting Q go to Court over whether the claim was a football debt was also good to know.

As I said last night, I'm interested to know how they reneged, especially that given their statement released just the day before said Q were free to take the matter to the high court.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It won’t go to Court Roy, not in a Morris v Gibson sense. Gibson will stick to a ‘membership rules’ argument, and piously state this is all about upholding the legitimacy of a league of 72 clubs who have agreed how member club disputes must be arbitrated. I sense Morris too would do some kind of ‘behind NDA deal’ the day before a hearing should Gibson actually call his bluff (not that he will).

His letter yesterday I don’t think was much more than a bit of “theatre’ but as you say it contained some interesting facts that it was good to get into the open and the timing was spot on. The tweet from Amanda Solloway saying the EFL reneged on letting Q go to Court over whether the claim was a football debt was also good to know.  Pressure is being turned up on the EFL and Gibson, and increasingly they are finding they are losing a PR war. Quantuma I would say now need to continue to tool up for their own next action, but in my opinion should say nothing more at this stage. Let EFL and Gibson make the next pronouncements.

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It won’t go to Court Roy, not in a Morris v Gibson sense. Gibson will stick to a ‘membership rules’ argument, and piously state this is all about upholding the legitimacy of a league of 72 clubs who have agreed how member club disputes must be arbitrated. I sense Morris too would do some kind of ‘behind NDA deal’ the day before a hearing should Gibson actually call his bluff (not that he will).

His letter yesterday I don’t think was much more than a bit of “theatre’ but as you say it contained some interesting facts that it was good to get into the open and the timing was spot on. The tweet from Amanda Solloway saying the EFL reneged on letting Q go to Court over whether the claim was a football debt was also good to know.  Pressure is being turned up on the EFL and Gibson, and increasingly they are finding they are losing a PR war. Quantuma I would say now need to continue to tool up for their own next action, but in my opinion should say nothing more at this stage. Let EFL and Gibson make the next pronouncements.

Timing was spot on about the ridiculous notion of clubs getting sued by each other for breaking the rules.. cue  a dodgy handball by Boro against Manure. 

Agree Quantuma need to go in witha pincer movement  preferaby aimed at an area of Gibson where his pubes are meant to grow rather than on his head.

34 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As I said last night, I'm interested to know how they reneged, especially that given their statement released just the day before said Q were free to take the matter to the high court.

It's not up to Quantuma to take it to the Court  than as part of the insolvency process. Its Boro who are trying to pusure an action which they are not allowed to do, unless they take it to court to stop the moratorium. 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well done for getting MM into the fray.

But now Rome burns whilst two titanic egos and a nasty US lawyer are locked in a PR battle. And you have terrified the EFl into hiding behind 20 lawyers and an unwieldy rule book 

Forget the lengthy meetings. Gibson is intent on dragging Morris into a long set piece one to bully, humiliate and torture him publicly. It will achieve nothing. And Couhig will just sit there and excrete slime. You will be pushing it uphill 

The litigation options are either Russian roulette or too complex. And Q has left them too late 

But getting MM into the fray is the beginning of a solution. Now you need to put MASSIVE PRESSURE on him to indemnify the club against these claims. It’s not the only solution but it’s clean and can be done relatively quickly. 

There are a lot of you. Please organise and focus yourselves 

The massive pressure needs to go on the EFL. They could accept Morris' offer and rule any potential claim from Gibson as non-football at the stroke of a pen opening up the chance of a takeover. 

They could do that now, right this minute. Job done.

Team Derby, MP's and fans have this opening now to force Parry into a correct and fair way out of it all. Its down to him, one man, Rick Parry can give DCFC a fighting chance of survival or he can carry on with his disgraceful vendetta against us.

This is little more than flexing in the weights room.

And never being cynical Morris has used this opportunity as PR exercise in lieu of his autobiography being published. 

The road to redemption has to start somewhere however Morris has a long, long was to go before he can unburden himself from the way he landed the club inthis current crisis.

And to paraphrase Paul Gadd no it's not good for him to be back. 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

And you have terrified the EFl into hiding

With the accusations towards myself and now this, I have to ask why are you so concerned by the mental health of the EFL and not the club, Derby County, that faces liquidation?

Even the Birmingham game, the fans worked hard, donating tickets to those in need to put money into the club and get behind the lads, we sold out the stadium and your response was something along the lines of....well this will scare the young lads playing in front of a full stadium...WHAT???

We could lose our club and whilst they didn't put us in this situation, they are making it as difficult as possible for us to leave this situation and your idea of a tea party and gifts for the EFL just isn't going to wash.

If the EFL have been rattled by the statement made by Mel last night then great, this is fantastic news, we need to show that we're not going to take this lying down without a fight.

The EFL picked this battle by ignoring not only their own regulations but insolvency laws.

If you want to go and give Rick Parry and Trevor Birch a cuddle and kiss, tell them everything will be alright, go for it, just don't expect a queue of fans behind you looking to pucker up to them.

If Derby get taken over, the battle doesn't stop their either, we need to be at the front of the push for an independent regulator and that's not going to see us on their Christmas card list this year, but who cares?

They don't care about us, we're the ones being affected by all this, so it's time to stop showing so much compassion for an organisation that actively pushing us into extinction.

/rant.

16 minutes ago, David said:

With the accusations towards myself and now this, I have to ask why are you so concerned by the mental health of the EFL and not the club, Derby County, that faces liquidation?

Even the Birmingham game, the fans worked hard, donating tickets to those in need to put money into the club and get behind the lads, we sold out the stadium and your response was something along the lines of....well this will scare the young lads playing in front of a full stadium...WHAT???

We could lose our club and whilst they didn't put us in this situation, they are making it as difficult as possible for us to leave this situation and your idea of a tea party and gifts for the EFL just isn't going to wash.

If the EFL have been rattled by the statement made by Mel last night then great, this is fantastic news, we need to show that we're not going to take this lying down without a fight.

The EFL picked this battle by ignoring not only their own regulations but insolvency laws.

If you want to go and give Rick Parry and Trevor Birch a cuddle and kiss, tell them everything will be alright, go for it, just don't expect a queue of fans behind you looking to pucker up to them.

If Derby get taken over, the battle doesn't stop their either, we need to be at the front of the push for an independent regulator and that's not going to see us on their Christmas card list this year, but who cares?

They don't care about us, we're the ones being affected by all this, so it's time to stop showing so much compassion for an organisation that actively pushing us into extinction.

/rant.

Totally agree. 

Team Derby, if you do read this open letter on the forum and think, you know what, he's right we need to focus on getting Mel Morris to indemnify claims.

Just read this section of his statement last night:

3968582F-49E9-4FA4-87A5-D757A74AB288.jpeg

As you will have just read "Any wonder why I am sceptical of the EFL arbitral procedures"

So before you focus on this, think about what you are asking, you are asking a man that is sceptical of the EFL arbitral procedures to sign a piece of paper and say look, whatever is decided in the arbitration, which cannot take place until May as we wait for Boro's counsel, and I won't be involved in, I will cover any compensation awarded.

Maybe he would, maybe he will say well if it's either this or see the club liquidated and I have a stadium with £20m worth of debt that I have to cover if I don't. 

Personally, I would wait now, wait to see what the EFL say as Rick Parry appears to be on board with the possibility of the offer to personally take it on in the High Court, a fair battle ground.

Wait to see what Gibson and Couhig say before even starting to push for Mel to indemnify the claims.