Festy Ebosele - Signed for Udinese

Animal is a Ram

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s in EFL and PL rules that any out of contract player under the age of 24 that signs for another club results in compensation being paid to the player’s former club to compensate for them developing the player. So if Watford sign him from us they have to pay some compensation, Udinese do as well but a far lower amount. The two clubs (Watford and Udinese) are linked by family ownership so the speculation is that he will sign for Udinese for peanuts then eventually end up at Watford to circumnavigate the compensation rules. 

Great. I understand it now! Thank you.

6 minutes ago, tinman said:

I'm not even sure if we will get compensation. I think you have to offer the player a contract that's at least equal to their current one to get compensation. The EFL won't let us offer contracts.

We are entitled to compensation for his development. I’ve been trying to find the EFL rules around it without any luck. There were some high profile cases a few years ago like when Danny Ings left Burnley, the compensation was decided as appropriate for the development of the player, not related to their potential transfer value etc. 

35 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s in EFL and PL rules that any out of contract player under the age of 24 that signs for another club results in compensation being paid to the player’s former club to compensate for them developing the player. So if Watford sign him from us they have to pay some compensation, Udinese do as well but a far lower amount. The two clubs (Watford and Udinese) are linked by family ownership so the speculation is that he will sign for Udinese for peanuts then eventually end up at Watford to circumnavigate the compensation rules. 

So does festy leave straightaway? Like Jozwiak? Or do we keep him til end of season? 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

So does festy leave straightaway? Like Jozwiak? Or do we keep him til end of season? 

He'll be here but I'll be surprised if he plays any part tomorrow if he's signing for someone else next week.  Could also be an injury disclaimer in any contract so he may not play at all and forego his wages or hamstring preservation as it's known.  Think he's been doing a bit of that the last few games to be honest as he seems to be running at half speed and packing his hamstrings in ice all the time.  Thats the way it goes in the last 10 games of a contract without any discussion of another.  Normally a player would have a cast iron ' agreement' with a club and be accepting it by now or would have moved for decent money in January.  We don't have the option of decent money or the ability to offer contracts. Seems a rather murky deal though as he hadn't talked to them in January apparently.

43 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I’m basing my view on what’s been in the press up to this point, so it seems he is going to sign a pre-contract deal with Udinese. Anyone in the final 6 months of their contract can agree a future free transfer with a club outside of England, that’s what I understand this to be. If he were to sign for an English club he can’t do that until the final month of his contract. 
We are then awarded some compensation following the completion of the free transfer away. The only bit I can’t work out is if we get the compensation regardless of whether we offered an extension or not, I think so based on something called “FIFA Article 20” which governs the international side of these circumstances, the EFL and PL rules are a bit less clear and I’m no lawyer  ??‍♂️ 

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Another reason not to invest your money if you were a potential buyer - what a terrible state of affairs 

Unfortunately once the EFL/Boro decided not to let us move forward until after the transfer window was closed that was always going to be the case, as that was always their plan.

Give us back the 4-5 months delay they caused and the current potential buyers would have happened far sooner, and we'd be a more attractive proposition

Edited by Coconut's Beard

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Another reason not to invest your money if you were a potential buyer - what a terrible state of affairs 

Or just wait until you can get the cheapest possible deal and build again; someone like Ashley would think that way, without any emotional attachment to the existing playing squad.

Only Mel is to blame for the current state of affairs, others haven’t helped, but Mel set all the wheels in motion against us.

No blame on Festy. If he plays tomorrow or before he departs,  I hope we give him a good send off. He’s been a light for all of us. 

It is now really in motion, the corrosion of our hopes and dreams. You can lose some vets and high wage soldiers but this is so sad. Festy and others are the hope we cling to .. That wherever we end up  we might just have players of skill that have grown up with us and can begin our rebirth. 

So gloomy .. I will go tomorrow.. it’s Saturday, it’s footy, we are playing at home .. it’s what I do; but it will be with a heavy heart. I hope the remaining team can continue their epic bravery. Up the Rams ? 

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

TBF, I've got no gripe with that.
I'm all for pulling the odd fast one, and gambolling through the occasional loophole, where one exists.  No harm in getting one over a governing body.  Quite a thrill, in fact!
Let's face it, it's not like they will ever close the loophole so it ever comes back to haunt you!   ?

6 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Rooney said in his press conference that he's felt the need to talk to Festy a couple of times already because his mind has seemed on other things - and that now it all fits into place.

11 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Will no doubt be loaned to Watford in the summer for their championship campaign, a club with £30m in parachute payments screwing another club for a few 100thousand. On festy yes he may be absolute rapid but technically he’s quite poor and his positional sense is even worse.

Its approx £40 mill in parachute payments in their first year back down here if that makes you feel any better. And they have higher allowable losses than the rest of us plebs. However the EFL sees nothing wrong with this dodgy dealing transferring players between foreign clubs, so they'll probably find a way to just punish us instead.

12 hours ago, davenportram said:

Let’s face it - he scares defences until they work out he can’t cross, pass or shoot

I thought he was class at first and would've been gutted that we lost him, but as you say he's got frightening pace but not much of a footballing brain, frustrates more than he produces.