Festy Ebosele - Signed for Udinese

Animal is a Ram

I hope he kicks on.

He stopped beating his man running down the line after about 4-5 games, maybe he was told to rein it in and cut inside, but he visibly got worse since his move materialised.

But, if he can progress then that’s good for him, I think he’s a good lad and respects his faith, I hope he goes onto shine.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I hope he kicks on.

He stopped beating his man running down the line after about 4-5 games, maybe he was told to rein it in and cut inside, but he visibly got worse since his move materialised.

But, if he can progress then that’s good for him, I think he’s a good lad and respects his faith, I hope he goes onto shine.

happy grumpy cat GIF      Amen Brother Paul

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

I hope he kicks on.

Well said, Boycie. Some harsh comments on here about a young lad, still learning his trade, who was very conflicted about the right thing to do for his future.

Has family to think of, and once he signed, possible injury played on his mind (he's a bit prone, given his acceleration).

I hope he flourishes.

(Still think he's a wing back, though!) ?

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

I hope he kicks on.

His performance dropped when he was played on the left side. I'm sure he would have skinned the fullbacks if played on the right.

Maybe he was not mentally ready to play or maybe it was sour grapes by Rooney, we'll never know. 

13 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

His performance dropped when he was played on the left side. I'm sure he would have skinned the fullbacks if played on the right.

Maybe he was not mentally ready to play or maybe it was sour grapes by Rooney, we'll never know. 

If it was the latter then why would Rooney bring him back into the squad and play him?

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

If it was the latter then why would Rooney bring him back into the squad and play him?

Admitting he got it wrong, but not publicly?

Edited by Dimmu
And more obvious one, our squad wasn't big enough to leave good player out of it.

Just like Jason Knight in a way as he has been played all over the team to fill gaps rather than sticking at one role - not his fault just a reality of our situation and I do wish he was staying here with us rather than being loaned out from the Italians all over the place especially to Watford 

7 hours ago, angieram said:

Well said, Boycie. Some harsh comments on here about a young lad, still learning his trade, who was very conflicted about the right thing to do for his future.

Has family to think of, and once he signed, possible injury played on his mind (he's a bit prone, given his acceleration).

I hope he flourishes.

(Still think he's a wing back, though!) ?

One thing for sure, is that left back for Hull will be glad to see the back of him. As Festy had him on toast.

Having pace and power is enough to create havoc in the second division, and on his day he was unplayable.

He’s the sort of player that gets people off their seats, and I’ll miss that excitement when he was one on one with space behind…

15 hours ago, KBB said:

Lawrence's second goal against sheff utd was "vintage" festy. Thats what he is all about. Knocking it through gaps and using his pace and power to get on the end. Anyone who says they were not excited to see him burst past their 2 players is lying.

I thought it was more vintage Tom!

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, credit where it’s due… whatever we feel about his transfer, there’s no denying the lad seems to be doing very well for himself…

F9D26018-9CE2-4EFF-A0E4-F66F24D3A7BF.thumb.jpeg.531fbc86385e8502f950a9437f4d0458.jpeg

I'd imagine at Festyland, you get in the queue for a ride, it states a 50 minute wait time, then after 50 minutes of snaking left and right you end up where you started?

But the sign is now Italian, and directs you to Watford.

• 1 month later...

Today seems to be the day for confirming goodbyes;

“Also departing from Derby are a number of other players to have come through the Rams’ youth set-up in recent years at the end of their contracts in the form of Under-21s trio Tyree Wilson, Kornell McDonald and Alex Matthews.

Under-18s players Marko Borkovic, Eli Christie and Charlie Rutt have also left the club at the end of their scholarships.

All those players that have left the club do so with Derby County’s best wishes for the future.”

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

30 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Today seems to be the day for confirming goodbyes;

“Also departing from Derby are a number of other players to have come through the Rams’ youth set-up in recent years at the end of their contracts in the form of Under-21s trio Tyree Wilson, Kornell McDonald and Alex Matthews.

Under-18s players Marko Borkovic, Eli Christie and Charlie Rutt have also left the club at the end of their scholarships.

All those players that have left the club do so with Derby County’s best wishes for the future.”

I know its off topic but not really worth setting a new thread: I'm kinda surprised by McDonald. Not saying he was destined to be a star or anything, but a year as 2nd choice RB and option at CB in League 1 could have suited both parties