Festy Ebosele - Signed for Udinese

Animal is a Ram

Really disappointed with this one, I know this may be a little controversial, but I’m slightly disappointed in the player as well here.

Now don’t get me wrong, I totally get it, footballs a short career, but Festy knows the score. He knows we won’t receive a penny for developing him, he knows he will be playing for Watford next season, cheating us out of money we desperately need. I don’t see him getting into the Watford squad anyways, especially if they stay up.

It’s not like he’s an ageing journeyman, he would have had a multitude of clubs to choose from in the summer, all of which would have done right by the club and himself. Rooney also mentioned that he hadn’t seemed focused in his last presser, sounds like he’s heads been turned.

Maybe I’m being harsh because I’m upset, but you get my point.

Also, if he goes to Watford they will be firmly up there with Forest and Boro in my hate list. I get that it’s a clever way around the rules, but it’s a minuscule amount of money compared to their vast Premier League riches for a club in desperate need. Shame on them.

Edited by CocuBarmyArmy

2 hours ago, CocuBarmyArmy said:

Really disappointed with this one, I know this may be a little controversial, but I’m slightly disappointed in the player as well here.

Now don’t get me wrong, I totally get it, footballs a short career, but Festy knows the score. He knows we won’t receive a penny for developing him, he knows he will be playing for Watford next season, cheating us out of money we desperately need. I don’t see him getting into the Watford squad anyways, especially if they stay up.

It’s not like he’s an ageing journeyman, he would have had a multitude of clubs to choose from in the summer, all of which would have done right by the club and himself. Rooney also mentioned that he hadn’t seemed focused in his last presser, sounds like he’s heads been turned.

Also, if he goes to Watford they will be firmly up there with Forest and Boro in my hate list. I get that it’s a clever way around the rules, but it’s a minuscule amount of money compared to their vast Premier League riches for a club in desperate need. Shame on them.

I'm with you, I don't blame him for securing his future, however being part of this Watford compensation dodge is very disappointing from Festy too. If Watford want him they should have signed him and paid appropriate compensation.

This swapping of players between clubs owned by the same people shouldn't be allowed. But WE'RE the bad guys of course.

Duck football.

Out the door walks a future transfer profit easily of £10-20 million and that’s even in todays market place - yes I hate Watford as well but the EFL have let them get away with totally abusing the transfer and loan system for years and allow the Red dogs to join in as well - time to team up with Real Madrid it seems  

There is no loyalty in football anymore, that went out the window many years ago.

8 hours ago, CocuBarmyArmy said:

There hasn't been any loyalty in football for years.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Out the door walks a future transfer profit easily of £10-20 million and that’s even in todays market place - yes I hate Watford as well but the EFL have let them get away with totally abusing the transfer and loan system for years and allow the Red dogs to join in as well - time to team up with Real Madrid it seems  

Don't forget Leicester, sorry I meant the totally independent entity OH Leuven, signing George Hirst.

Close the door and say bye, don't play him again.

If its true he turned down a move in Jan, albeit to Forest, he has cost us a transfer fee plus no doubt a potentially lucrative sell on clause.

Not only that, he signs for Udinese to help Watford get around the rules and ensure we miss out on what could have been a decent amount of compensation.

Please Leave Go Away GIF

2 hours ago, alanmarklewis said:

There is no loyalty in football anymore, that went out the window many years ago.

I'll give Curtis Davies a pass on that one but I can't think of others lately at the minute.  Perhaps Bellingham at Birmingham, he seemed to do alright by them.  Even fans favourite Bryson had to be given the clubs first monster contract with wage to match over 5 years to not go to the football titans of Burnley.

2 hours ago, alanmarklewis said:

Not asking him to show loyalty though, I get he wants to leave but at least do it in a way that everyone benefits. That’s not loyalty, it’s common decency.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Close the door and say bye, don't play him again.

If its true he turned down a move in Jan, albeit to Forest, he has cost us a transfer fee plus no doubt a potentially lucrative sell on clause.

Not only that, he signs for Udinese to help Watford get around the rules and ensure we miss out on what could have been a decent amount of compensation.

Please Leave Go Away GIF

I certainly thing that old fashioned phrase' tapping up' needs to be investigated .  Unfortunately we don't have anyone to do it at the moment. 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I certainly thing that old fashioned phrase' tapping up' needs to be investigated .  Unfortunately we don't have anyone to do it at the moment. 

There's no tapping up. He's free to talk to foreign clubs, and has been for a while.

16 hours ago, Rev said:

There's no tapping up. He's free to talk to foreign clubs, and has been for a while.

Is there no issue though if he has also been speaking to Watford to avoid a tribunal fee and get a higher signing on fee.  Effectively, he's still signing for a UK club prior to June by the back door and with less compensation to Derby.  We have enough people having our pants down without our own players starting. 

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!