Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

11 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

You must disagree, but I'm pretty glad that the third largest employer in the world has someone making sure it's an inclusive place to work. 

From my increasingly frequent use of the NHS I can state that diversity is not an issue.

The post advertised cost is just the tip of the iceberg here. By time you add up all the other costs, office ,desk, computer etc ,you will almost treble that cost. Then there will be a secretary and her costs. Probably also an assistant Director or two. Then the liaison team to link all the NHS Trusts and their teams.

Bureaucracy is a malignant cancer spreading its tentacles ever wider! 

16 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’ve long found the tv reporters who go and stand outside buildings really annoying. Why do you need some fool to stand outside Buckingham Palace to talk about a royal person? We know what it looks like, you’re not going to get in there, so why bother? Or outside a hospital by the sign that says the name of the place, just why? I don’t need you to travel the country to stand by a white and blue sign to be able to talk about a bloody hospital 

....and don't get me started on the reporters who always have to go out and point at the weather if we get snow etc. Usually from a motorway bridge.

24 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

From my increasingly frequent use of the NHS I can state that diversity is not an issue.

The post advertised cost is just the tip of the iceberg here. By time you add up all the other costs, office ,desk, computer etc ,you will almost treble that cost. Then there will be a secretary and her costs. Probably also an assistant Director or two. Then the liaison team to link all the NHS Trusts and their teams.

You're right Findern, The NHS is the biggest jewel in the crown...for those that want to make money, Top loaded with Managers, If there's job losses then the highest manager is protected by a firewall of managers, If you can get an NHS contract and pass all the respected "due diligence" ? you're in, The money in the business account just piles up, You can charge what you like, Just bill them and it's paid.

An old workmate from RR took the money at RR and became an orderly at Derby General, He then became an orderly/union official at Derby General, Booked overtime hours at the drop of a hat, Went on jollies as and when he wanted, Paid sick pay, He once said and I quote...Jesus Alf I thought RR was a walk in the park, The NHS is the park"   

8 hours ago, FindernRam said:

The role is for 'Diversity and Inclusion' - maybe with the increasing diversity you allude to that might be the challenge that is driving the hire. I'm with @JoetheRam - the NHS has 1.4 million people working in it, yet they go and hire a role to help them work better together and it's bureaucracy, police are stripped to the core and they're lazy effers if they can't answer a query in double quick time.

Maybe, on the day that energy provider Centrica announce profits (a five-fold increase btw) of £1.34bn, on a day that Grant Shapps refuses to meet with the rail unions and criticizes train drivers for earning £60k when he spaffed £1m on a self-promotion PR campaign (and a day after Liz Truss promises to make it harder / sometimes illegal to strike if she is voted PM) it's not the people trying to do the best they can that are at fault. On a day when Nadine Dorries can't even remember (as the Culture Secretary) when the UK hosted the Commonwealth games despite being on a salary well in excess of the aforesaid D&I manager (and paying her daughter £40k a year to do photocopying).

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to admit that it's not bureaucracy, illegal immigrants, the French or Keir Starmer that are the problem. Or shall we just continue to behave like sheep and be fed whatever story they need to tell us to snuffle their snouts even deeper in the trough.

Rant over, I guess this post will be down before the sun but I feel better for it....

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

The role is for 'Diversity and Inclusion' - maybe with the increasing diversity you allude to that might be the challenge that is driving the hire. I'm with @JoetheRam - the NHS has 1.4 million people working in it, yet they go and hire a role to help them work better together and it's bureaucracy, police are stripped to the core and they're lazy effers if they can't answer a query in double quick time.

Maybe, on the day that energy provider Centrica announce profits (a five-fold increase btw) of £1.34bn, on a day that Grant Shapps refuses to meet with the rail unions and criticizes train drivers for earning £60k when he spaffed £1m on a self-promotion PR campaign (and a day after Liz Truss promises to make it harder / sometimes illegal to strike if she is voted PM) it's not the people trying to do the best they can that are at fault. On a day when Nadine Dorries can't even remember (as the Culture Secretary) when the UK hosted the Commonwealth games despite being on a salary well in excess of the aforesaid D&I manager (and paying her daughter £40k a year to do photocopying).

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to admit that it's not bureaucracy, illegal immigrants, the French or Keir Starmer that are the problem. Or shall we just continue to behave like sheep and be fed whatever story they need to tell us to snuffle their snouts even deeper in the trough.

Rant over, I guess this post will be down before the sun but I feel better for it....

Not sure how you got from Bureaucracy to politics, but I'm glad you feel better!

24 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Red Onion paper/skin.

No matter how careful and tidy I am, how often I mop, sweep, hoover, dust etc, I will always find remnants of the skin from red onion somewhere on the kitchen floor near the bin. 

Handy Tip: Use white onions instead.

On 28/07/2022 at 08:57, FindernRam said:

That 'bureaucracy' performs a function. It allows said person to do their job.

None of what you list is 'bureaucracy'. Certainly not in the sense it is used in right-wing buzz word bingo.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Red Onion paper/skin.

No matter how careful and tidy I am, how often I mop, sweep, hoover, dust etc, I will always find remnants of the skin from red onion somewhere on the kitchen floor near the bin. 

Don't Cry ?

7 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

None of what you list is 'bureaucracy'

The role and its supporting cast will create policies, audits to check those policies are being implemented, tick boxes galore, meetings. This will create more posts to answer the plethora of stuff that will arise. All of which is diverting resource from doing the prime job.

A good friend at Boeing had a plaque on his office wall that stated  " It is the duty of every manager to fight bureaucracy wherever it raises its ugly head!"

Annoying thing No 1:
Having need for this, whilst away on holiday back in June:

Having to dismantle the door handle just to get in the bloody thing to lift the bonnet catch... battery had died whilst switched off and locked!  Literally nothing would work.

ea37008c-36a9-490f-be67-49c3132b8133.thumb.jpg.b20198eb0e634ea009d8a42629eebab6.jpg

Annoying thing No 2:
Having the same thing happen 3 weeks later at home, and calling out the AA man.

Annoying thing No 3:
Having a car full of gadgets, but a battery not up to the job of supplying enough oomph to get said gadgets to work.  No keyless entry on 3 of the 4 doors.  No auto engine stop/start.  Constant warnings about low battery etc!

Annoying thing No 4:
Ford having the car for a day, only to say there is nothing wrong with the battery.  ?

Annoying thing No 5:
Waiting 4.5 weeks to drop your car back in, as the last diagnosis was inconclusive, so they needed to re-book it back in "for a few days", for further and more thorough investigation, and 4.5 weeks was the next available slot for a 3 day courtesy car.

Turn up this morning... no record of requiring a courtesy car, and seemingly none available!  ?

40mins and one kick-off later, a courtesy car miraculously becomes available!

Annoying thing No 6:
Courtesy car not been valeted inside or out... and its duckin' red! ?

On 28/07/2022 at 08:57, FindernRam said:

I'd be pretty confident those costs will be more than met in savings from avoiding lawsuits for the employer not taking appropriate action when it comes to diversity and inclusion. Damn those pesky Human and Employment Rights acts!