Birmingham fans damage seats at Pride Park

Day

Generally, I don’t mind the “We’re having a party when Derby County die” chant - but these lot singing it… Let me summarise my opinions:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA!

These lot are up poops creek with their current owners, ground full of asbestos, in big debts, etc.

I would have sympathy but they’ve shown today what they’re truly like.

Just find it funny how they found our situation something to laugh at, when in a year or two time they’ll be in the same situation.

9 hours ago, Mckram said:

The police will have their list of mug shots who did it. They were filming them all pretty close up at the station after the match (as they were trying to fight the police). 

Police arrest 2 women and have them in a line up for identification

image.thumb.png.ebbb0971163a9d85766525449c4c3bc9.png

A nothing club, barring a league cup win, won nothing in their history. And this from a club in the second largest city in the country. A joke. An embaresment.  With a population of more than a million, terrible, terrible attendances and support. Living in the shadow has never been so apt for a club. No wonder Aston Villa and WBA mock them, they really are the poor cousin. They're a joke, a blip on the football landscape, contributing very little, if anything, to the great game and its history. The Millwall of the Midlands. 

Edited by Archie

12 hours ago, Derbados said:

Jeez, just read some of their Twitter responses to them jumping on a pensioners bonnet and to ripping the seats out.

Absolute scum, literally some of the worst comments I’ve seen. I can’t ever remember them being this bad? What the **** is wrong with them!!

Yeah they've always been this bad. The day they got relegated from the PL the whole BBC comments section was full of stories from other club's fans about this scummy lot. 

36 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah they've always been this bad. The day they got relegated from the PL the whole BBC comments section was full of stories from other club's fans about this scummy lot. 

Genuinely shocked me, thought they were a half decent bunch. 

What are Villa fans like??

Let's be careful to not write off the whole club just because a few WUMs saw it as a perfect chance to go back 20 years in time. I genuinely believe most football fans, at least the real ones, appreciate that the Derby situation (or maybe it was the Bury situation, the Newport situation or the Maidstone situation) is the tip of the iceberg. You only have to look around the leagues and see there are many, many clubs thinking they are two or three bad transfers (or ten or eleven in Everton's case) away from being in our position. I'm not going to write off a whole club - even Boro or Forest - just because one or two morons (one in the case of Boro) get the wrong end of the stick. 

Sadly, it really is time when all clubs need to realise this is not just happening to Derby, this is happening to every club outside the top five. Everyone, the EFL included, need to realise we are not fighting for Derby County, we are fighting for local, community based football clubs everywhere.

12 hours ago, rammieib said:

Unless individuals are found, banned, And prosecuted by police, the vile scum (a minority) will continue to get to games.

But let’s not forget, we’re the same club in the Lampard season who ripped up a seat at Rotherham away, threw it towards the pitch, hit one of our female fans requiring hospital attention and yet still, not a single Derby fan who would have seen or heard about who did that came forward to report them.

Can I ask without controversy - what’s different?

I was sat a few seats along from that idiot, with a mate, and we reported it to a Rotherham steward. The miscreant legged it down the row as some lads on the row in front were trying to grab him. 

They're not just another set of fans though and it wasn't a minority of their away supporters celebrating us being in the position we're in, or worse.

They're a set of fans for a club who've failed FFP before, had to deal the EFL sticking their noses in and trying to tun rule over player sales, apparently have poor owners they 'want their club back' from.

From a quick browse they appear to be very bitter about people not supporting / defending them when they were given the points deduction, but I can't see any reason why they should expect that - there was no murky circumstances surrounding it, they overspent, they got 9 points. Only 9 points.

No, they're not just another set of fans with a minority element of dheads, they're a bunch of hypocrites in glass houses.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

We condemn it when our own fans go away and trash grounds, it's not like we laugh it off and give them internet points, so I don't think we have to remain silent and just accept it's part of the game.

Yes it's not all of their fans, we all have that minority, looked like the standard small group with the Stone Island status badges on their arms that spend half time in the toilets huddled in a cubicle together.

I have assessed the damage and come to a rough estimation of £60m to replace the seats. 

Not the best look when they are looking for media support in their bid to remove the owners down there. 

Seriously hope our own minority doesn't go and copy this up at Boro when we have all worked so hard to bring the spotlight on the club. 

It won't cost Gibson a penny, he will get a free pink seat replacement on us.

38 minutes ago, David said:

We condemn it when our own fans go away and trash grounds, it's not like we laugh it off and give them internet points, so I don't think we have to remain silent and just accept it's part of the game.

Yes it's not all of their fans, we all have that minority, looked like the standard small group with the Stone Island status badges on their arms that spend half time in the toilets huddled in a cubicle together.

I have assessed the damage and come to a rough estimation of £60m to replace the seats. 

Not the best look when they are looking for media support in their bid to remove the owners down there. 

Seriously hope our own minority doesn't go and copy this up at Boro when we have all worked so hard to bring the spotlight on the club. 

It won't cost Gibson a penny, he will get a free pink seat replacement on us.

Shame the fixtures didn’t fall the right way around. We could’ve nicked some seats from the Shitty Ground and sent them to him. 

Would like to say it was a minority but the vast majority of Birmingham fans I encountered were vile. Think a few may be waking up a bit embarrassed this morning.

I'm not making sweeping statements about their fans or their club or if this lot were representative of BCFC, but I have to go on what I saw and heard which was largely morons

12 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Would like to say it was a minority but the vast majority of Birmingham fans I encountered were vile. Think a few may be waking up a bit embarrassed this morning.

I'm not making sweeping statements about their fans or their club or if this lot were representative of BCFC, but I have to go on what I saw and heard which was largely morons

It’s the football equivalent of little man syndrome. They are, and always have been, in the shadow of the Villa.

I agree, whilst like all clubs they have their minority of scum (let’s not tar all Blues fans with the same brush - exactly as many of us don’t like to be considered part of the groups that sing the vile songs that go well beyond banter or cause trouble at away games) but proportionately they do seem to have more than their fair share.