Margaret Beckett on Radio Derby

Nishfan

Can we get a mod to make a thread with all of the EFL's wrongdoings over the last 2 years.  Have the thread open for people to list the points and then close it and pin it? 

Bullet point format including the likes of the stadium valuation fiasco  using Morcambe's ground as a template, to telling MPs to not make public statements? 

It can then be sent to MPs and the media who have just got involved and who will be unaware of how long and ridiculous this whole process has been.

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Can we get a mod to make a thread with all of the EFL's wrongdoings over the last 2 years.  Have the thread open for people to list the points and then close it and pin it? 

Bullet point format including the likes of the stadium valuation fiasco  using Morcambe's ground as a template, to telling MPs to not make public statements? 

It can then be sent to MPs and the media who have just got involved and who will be unaware of how long and ridiculous this whole process has been.

Absolutely great idea. A timeline of facts. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

This 100% Norman. Then someone much brighter than me to collate it for presentation.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

@angieram?

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

I know everyone moans about MPs and Government, usually correctly, but I've been pretty impressed with so many MPs getting involved and us quickly becoming an urgent question in House of Commons today. Feeling more positive now we'll survive as the EFL become more and more exposed.

They’re drinking in the last chance saloon surely?! 

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

This is what she said - but why would the EFL even ask a member of parliament not to make public statements about them - simply staggering 

Remember an MP can speak in the Commons chamber without fear of being sued for slander/defamation, etc., (Parlimentary privilege), the EFL are poo scared and rightly so.

Edited by Grumpy Git

3 minutes ago, David said:

Happy to pin anything that will help, what I would suggest is identifying members that have clear understanding of the timeline of events, and work together inside a private message to compile for public viewing and sharing. 

Once ready, either create a topic or send me the post to create and pin on the forum. 

I'm Ooot

18 minutes ago, David said:

Happy to pin anything that will help, what I would suggest is identifying members that have clear understanding of the timeline of events, and work together inside a private message to compile for public viewing and sharing. 

Once ready, either create a topic or send me the post to create and pin on the forum. 

I think this is the best course.  One thing we all need to ensure is we keep to the facts regardless of how we feel about it as that'll be counter productive.  For example..

• Waiting to the last day of the appeal time before appealing, the impact of which meant.....
  • How long we have been embargoed for
  • Restrictions on utilising our squad
  • Restrictions on re-signing players, i.e. Marriott (even if it probably helped us!)
  • Wage restrictions
  • 2 July 2021: EFL stating "Following the decision, the EFL remains disappointed that the Commission has determined that a £100,000 financial penalty is appropriate..." 
  • Any other quotes or since retracted communications?
  • Producing 2 sets of fixture lists....
  • Signing off stadium sale, then appealing
  • Signing off (or accepting at least?) 3 years of accounts then only challenging once ?Maguire raised it
  • Retrospectively changing rules to suit them

Sure there's loads of stuff.

If it can be drawn up over the next day or so and sent out to Margaret Beckett etc then it'll inform even more.