Margaret Beckett on Radio Derby

Nishfan

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Great feedback @Nishfan thanks. The EFL REQUEST TO HER ORIGINALLY not to speak up actually speaks volumes doesn’t it & her ire is fuelled by her realisation now why they said it. I’m feeling slightly more assured now thanks @Nishfan. EFL are screwing down their own coffin lid -  the point that they realise this will be the point their tack changes.

You’re welcome; I appreciate it when others do this with interviews I miss. I think the MPs on the case will be a force to be reckoned with. Pauline Latham is my MP & she speaks her own mind.

MPs are used to working collaboratively across parties , we just don’t tend to hear about it. 

it is hopefully reassuring for Wayne Rooney to feel all this support 

Honestly she's my MP and I've never thought much of her until now. She's actually engaged with it in a way that constituents expect and I'm glad to hear she was already engaged with it months ago with conversations with the EFL.

Some of the wider support feels..."late to the party" maybe? Glad for it nonetheless but sounds like she is different and has actually been involved for a while.

Said twice yesterday when her statement first broke, she’s going to be the one that really digs into the EFL.

Fair play to all others though, would be great if cross party local support happens. 

Hopefully the meeting with the administrators will deliver some nuggets of the EFL falsehoods they all understand so they can really get into the EFL

15 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Honestly she's my MP and I've never thought much of her until now. She's actually engaged with it in a way that constituents expect and I'm glad to hear she was already engaged with it months ago with conversations with the EFL.

Some of the wider support feels..."late to the party" maybe? Glad for it nonetheless but sounds like she is different and has actually been involved for a while.

...and that's the bit that has got her absolutely riled ie the EFL effectively said "don't get involved and don't speak up about this"; she believed they would get back to her if there was a problem - now she realises why they haven't  - because they are "on the side of Middlesbrough" (her words).  We must all get behind Margaret Beckett regardless of your politics; she has principle; she is vastly experienced; most politicians pale against her. Now she's on the case I feel we are gaining momentum and I expect the EFL will start to really feel the heat now. We need a chant v Red Dogs "One Margaret Becket...!". 

Edited by Ellafella

44 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

She’s definitely got a handle on the issues & of course what we didn’t know, is her previous conversation with the EFL asking how she could help. They told her the best thing would be for MPs not to make public statements, so now we’re in this situation & she’s not been contacted by them 

very good that she’s on board . We shouldn’t worry that these MPs don’t have a handle on the issues 

"They told her the best thing would be for MPs not to make public statements" 

I hope there is some record of this in an email or minutes of a meeting, witnesses or even a voice or video recording. Back in  the day Tony Benn recorded everything.

Edited by Maxwell Baxter

3 minutes ago, Maxwell Baxter said:

I hope there is some record of this in an email or minutes of a meeting or even a voice or video recording. Back in the Tony Benn recorded everything.

Í didn’t realise that the efl have the power to silence mo’s

10 minutes ago, Maxwell Baxter said:

I hope there is some record of this in an email or minutes of a meeting, witnesses or even a voice or video recording. Back in  the day Tony Benn recorded everything.

This is what she said - but why would the EFL even ask a member of parliament not to make public statements about them - simply staggering