Margaret Beckett on Radio Derby

Nishfan

So she expected to hear from them if there were problems & that they haven’t acted in good faith with her 

that they’re on Middlesbrough’s side 

so she’s written to the minister 

she feels there’s levers for government- shouldn’t be standing idly by while we’re put out of existence 

She & others are meeting later 

she hopes routes will be identified with the EFL on how it can be yandled

good point - in her view Middlesbrough sound like they have a grievance not a claim

lots of resentment against Derby, but people who the grievances were with are no longer at the club 

Her tone yesterday was by far the most combative so lets see. If she does have a good grasp on things then it would be good to get her to convey this to the other politicians who appear to have completely fallen for the EFL Jedi mind tricks.

"Hey ! these claims are spurious and unfair and you encouraging them is endangering the future of DCFC"

*waves hand on Zoom call* "These are not the spurious claims that you are looking for.."

"These are not the spurious claims that we are looking for..." *walks off*

Heather Wheeler is our local MP for South Derbyshire and if she does anything of note I'll be surprised. In all her time in parliament I don't think she's made a wave of note anywhere.

Lets see....

Margaret Becket is a good one to have on side though. If she gets hold of this it could be exactly what we need.

And this is coming from a non Labour voter.

Edited by England Ram

She’s definitely got a handle on the issues & of course what we didn’t know, is her previous conversation with the EFL asking how she could help. They told her the best thing would be for MPs not to make public statements, so now we’re in this situation & she’s not been contacted by them 

very good that she’s on board . We shouldn’t worry that these MPs don’t have a handle on the issues 

1 minute ago, Nishfan said:

She’s definitely got a handle on the issues & of course what we didn’t know, is her previous conversation with the EFL asking how she could help. They told her the best thing would be for MPs not to make public statements, so now we’re in this situation & she’s not been contacted by them 

very good that she’s on board . We shouldn’t worry that these MPs don’t have a handle on the issues 

That is absolutely disgraceful !! ?

I was reasonably calm today until I read that.

I work with MPs and can say from personal experience that Margaret is fantastic. She will be doing everything she can on this.

The only problem comes in that she doesn't belong to the party of Government. The Minister for Sport should already be on this. He shouldn't need nudging. One of the biggest football clubs in the country is about to disappear because of a technicality being harshly applied by one of the sport's governing bodies. Nigel Huddlestone shouldn't be doing anything else today.

2 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

Great feedback @Nishfan thanks. The EFL REQUEST TO HER ORIGINALLY not to speak up actually speaks volumes doesn’t it & her ire is fuelled by her realisation now why they said it. I’m feeling slightly more assured now thanks @Nishfan. EFL are screwing down their own coffin lid -  the point that they realise this will be the point their tack changes.

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Really worth a listen to both MPs. MB very passionate and sounds like she will stop at nothing now to take this on. She felt personally insulted by the EFL due to conversations they’d previously had behind the scenes. 

Absolutely- school boy error by EFL; she now will not let go of this.

2 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I work with MPs and can say from personal experience that Margaret is fantastic. She will be doing everything she can on this.

The only problem comes in that she doesn't belong to the party of Government. The Minister for Sport should already be on this. He shouldn't need nudging. One of the biggest football clubs in the country is about to disappear because of a technicality being harshly applied by one of the sport's governing bodies. Nigel Huddlestone shouldn't be doing anything else today.

Good point about party politics but most politicians are populists and can’t resist an opportunity to win votes.