Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Pathetic, isn't it? They've only got 45 players to choose from, several new signings and in a good vein of form, yet they still need more advantages to feel confident.

Never known a flakier set of fans. If what's happening to us was happening to them, the City Ground would be half-empty. Of course, they have their dedicated hardcore, but the fact that, prior to the pandemic, there's only been one season this century where their average attendance has exceeded ours (and 9 where ours exceeded theirs by more than 5,000) shows how deluded their constant criticism of our support is. 

Appears the fan base are about 20% normal.  Nice of Nottinghamshire live to post such lovely comments. Meanwhile, the team that doesn't cheat FFP-' OLYMPIACOS have reached an agreement with Nottingham Forest to sign Joao Carvalho, reports suggest.  Bet that was an easy negotiation.

@1865ma: I'd rather you saved your selves rather than blaming others and not raising the cash yourself. Sell players, sell out games etc... every one else has to when in your position. #nffc

@NFFC_TrentEnd: One for Saturday - ‘Bust in a minute, you’re going bust in a minute, bust in a miiiiinute, you going bust in a minute’ (sung in response to and to the tune of ‘we’re going to bounce in a minute’) #NFFC

@WillThomas96: With all these petitions going around i wonder if we should start one to get Mel Morris a knighthood #NFFC

@nffc_badger: It’s gonna be the most emotionally charged El Cloughico possibly ever on Saturday. Make no mistake, it’s gonna be all out war. We’ve just got to make sure we win the thing #NFFC

@RichWest74: Wonder if AFC Derby will have the pub league on strings #nffc

@LukeClutterbuck: If you think what is happening at Derby is funny, then chances are you’re absolutely correct. #nffc

@DerbysDemise: Not sure why #DCFC think they're granted immunity from solvancy because they're one of the founding members, talk about clinging on to history. It's only been over 130 years #NFFC #WeWonTheCupTwice

@sealions8: When the fixture list comes out each season, what's the first two games you look for #nffc #dcfc Just saying! Hope they survive.

@dizzyideas: I never want Derby to win, they’re my team’s biggest rival, and I’ll be cheering #nffc on this weekend, as ever. Fans can harp on about ‘they’d not say the same if it was us’, so? That’s not my style, and there would be plenty of fans who would support us. Solidarity with #dcfc

@dj_zotov: You Reds, come on lads let's win the big one one last time for a while and retain the #BrianCloughTrophy #NFFC

@HazzaEdmo2001: Potentially one last dance on Saturday #NFFC

@dogsnobrob: I can't take my eyes off the #SaveDerbyCounty timeline. Seems like #nffc aren't the only club that despise them. Keep em coming boys!

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Appears the fan base are about 20% normal.  Nice of Nottinghamshire live to post such lovely comments. Meanwhile, the team that doesn't cheat FFP-' OLYMPIACOS have reached an agreement with Nottingham Forest to sign Joao Carvalho, reports suggest.  Bet that was an easy negotiation.

@1865ma: I'd rather you saved your selves rather than blaming others and not raising the cash yourself. Sell players, sell out games etc... every one else has to when in your position. #nffc

@NFFC_TrentEnd: One for Saturday - ‘Bust in a minute, you’re going bust in a minute, bust in a miiiiinute, you going bust in a minute’ (sung in response to and to the tune of ‘we’re going to bounce in a minute’) #NFFC

@WillThomas96: With all these petitions going around i wonder if we should start one to get Mel Morris a knighthood #NFFC

@nffc_badger: It’s gonna be the most emotionally charged El Cloughico possibly ever on Saturday. Make no mistake, it’s gonna be all out war. We’ve just got to make sure we win the thing #NFFC

@RichWest74: Wonder if AFC Derby will have the pub league on strings #nffc

@LukeClutterbuck: If you think what is happening at Derby is funny, then chances are you’re absolutely correct. #nffc

@DerbysDemise: Not sure why #DCFC think they're granted immunity from solvancy because they're one of the founding members, talk about clinging on to history. It's only been over 130 years #NFFC #WeWonTheCupTwice

@sealions8: When the fixture list comes out each season, what's the first two games you look for #nffc #dcfc Just saying! Hope they survive.

@dizzyideas: I never want Derby to win, they’re my team’s biggest rival, and I’ll be cheering #nffc on this weekend, as ever. Fans can harp on about ‘they’d not say the same if it was us’, so? That’s not my style, and there would be plenty of fans who would support us. Solidarity with #dcfc

@dj_zotov: You Reds, come on lads let's win the big one one last time for a while and retain the #BrianCloughTrophy #NFFC

@HazzaEdmo2001: Potentially one last dance on Saturday #NFFC

@dogsnobrob: I can't take my eyes off the #SaveDerbyCounty timeline. Seems like #nffc aren't the only club that despise them. Keep em coming boys!

The one about Mel getting a knighthood is really below the belt.

13 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

With all that’s going on Wayne has a massive decision to make . Who does he put up against DJed Spence ? Festy did brill against Bogle last week. But Fozzy is the “out ball” from  long goal kicks. That side of the pitch could decide the game.

Rooney said last Buchanan will be starting against the Red dogs - Forsyth will be on the bench 

Prutton on Sky Sports.

I've run out of plaudits for what Derby are doing amidst all the uncertainty around the club. What Wayne Rooney and his squad are doing in the toughest of circumstances is incredible, and whomever is out on the pitch for this huge game will be right up for defying the odds once again. A draw would be a great result.

Prutton predicts: 2-2

…………….that’ll do me! ?

It’s a strange one isn’t it and difficult to get overly interested currently as this currently is due to being our last away game of the season and a home game against Birmingham our last one before liquidation - the result obviously could be easily irrelevant very soon

Yet forest injuries and suspensions still count ?