Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

Is it just me who is finding it hard to care about this game right now? ? Never thought I'd be saying that about a Forest vs Derby game. Just hope everyone in the ground keeps their cool and doesn't do anything to tarnish the image of the club atm. The result will be what it is, if we get anything other than a defeat then we can hold our heads high. Unfortunately, Cooper's got them on a run so I think they'll edge an entertaining game but we've got as good a chance as any for a while of taking that trophy back home with us. 

I'm completely opposite. Given our situation at the moment, plus our recent form, us clearly proving many wrong on the pitch and the constant goading I've had off the gumps all day at work, I'm well up for this. I had thought in previous years leading up to now it's had less and less importance, but this time it feels different. Plus as others have said a chance to get 5 points from safety.

On 20/01/2022 at 20:32, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Appears the fan base are about 20% normal.  Nice of Nottinghamshire live to post such lovely comments. Meanwhile, the team that doesn't cheat FFP-' OLYMPIACOS have reached an agreement with Nottingham Forest to sign Joao Carvalho, reports suggest.  Bet that was an easy negotiation.

@1865ma: I'd rather you saved your selves rather than blaming others and not raising the cash yourself. Sell players, sell out games etc... every one else has to when in your position. #nffc

@NFFC_TrentEnd: One for Saturday - ‘Bust in a minute, you’re going bust in a minute, bust in a miiiiinute, you going bust in a minute’ (sung in response to and to the tune of ‘we’re going to bounce in a minute’) #NFFC

@WillThomas96: With all these petitions going around i wonder if we should start one to get Mel Morris a knighthood #NFFC

@nffc_badger: It’s gonna be the most emotionally charged El Cloughico possibly ever on Saturday. Make no mistake, it’s gonna be all out war. We’ve just got to make sure we win the thing #NFFC

@RichWest74: Wonder if AFC Derby will have the pub league on strings #nffc

@LukeClutterbuck: If you think what is happening at Derby is funny, then chances are you’re absolutely correct. #nffc

@DerbysDemise: Not sure why #DCFC think they're granted immunity from solvancy because they're one of the founding members, talk about clinging on to history. It's only been over 130 years #NFFC #WeWonTheCupTwice

@sealions8: When the fixture list comes out each season, what's the first two games you look for #nffc #dcfc Just saying! Hope they survive.

@dizzyideas: I never want Derby to win, they’re my team’s biggest rival, and I’ll be cheering #nffc on this weekend, as ever. Fans can harp on about ‘they’d not say the same if it was us’, so? That’s not my style, and there would be plenty of fans who would support us. Solidarity with #dcfc

@dj_zotov: You Reds, come on lads let's win the big one one last time for a while and retain the #BrianCloughTrophy #NFFC

@HazzaEdmo2001: Potentially one last dance on Saturday #NFFC

@dogsnobrob: I can't take my eyes off the #SaveDerbyCounty timeline. Seems like #nffc aren't the only club that despise them. Keep em coming boys!

I know some of the posts above will upset a number of you, but IMO there is some top football banter within it. I like my football tribalism to be amusing rather than face to face confrontational.  Bring back @eezetigger.

@Red_Dawnhope you are not too unhappy this weekend. Whatever happens your first team will still be well clear at the top of the Greek league.

50 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I know some of the posts above will upset a number of you, but IMO there is some top football banter within it. I like my football tribalism to be amusing rather than face to face confrontational.  Bring back @eezetigger.

@Red_Dawnhope you are not too unhappy this weekend. Whatever happens your first team will still be well clear at the top of the Greek league.

I actually think the fake £5 if they’ve done is quite funny for them 

I only watched the League 1 playoffs when there was a chance of watching Forest losing one! 

Their fans basically saying they would like to see us drop down a few divisions is hardly shocking to me. 

People maybe being a bit too sensitive at times.  Most of their fans wouldn't really welcome the void our total disappearance would leave but I can't deny them a bit of gloating at the pickle we are in.

Hopefully keep the team largely the same and scrapping a point...would be lovely. Followed by Rooney nailing his colours to the mast and more positive news about a buyer....be a great Saturday. 

17 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I only watched the League 1 playoffs when there was a chance of watching Forest losing one! 

Their fans basically saying they would like to see us drop down a few divisions is hardly shocking to me. 

People maybe being a bit too sensitive at times.  Most of their fans wouldn't really welcome the void our total disappearance would leave but I can't deny them a bit of gloating at the pickle we are in.

Hopefully keep the team largely the same and scrapping a point...would be lovely. Followed by Rooney nailing his colours to the mast and more positive news about a buyer....be a great Saturday. 

I am usually feeling nervous about this game but for some reason I feel we can do it and get all 3 points. There is some work hardened steel in our men that I have never seen before, ever. That and a fair wind from the gods could be enough. It would rattle the EFL good and proper. They’’ll be arguing amongst themselves when best to hit us again, this season or next. Anything that goads the EFL and makes their lives difficult gives me some bitter satisfaction.