Sheffield United (H) Matchday Thread Saturday 15th January 3pm

Anag Ram

10 minutes ago, admira said:

Another impressive showing by Festy today. Granted he’s not yet the finished article but the lad can tackle, has pace and has some badly needed flair. One to watch. 

This team has matured exceptionally fast over the past season or so.

Bird and Knight look to be players with 300+ appearances to their name. Festy and Tommo are having the sort of impact on the team we wished he had from Butterfield and Anya... they cost us £10m!!! 

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This team has matured exceptionally fast over the past season or so.

Bird and Knight look to be players with 300+ appearances to their name. Festy and Tommo are having the sort of impact on the team we wished he had from Butterfield and Anya... they cost us £10m!!! 

It's so refreshing to see academy players desperate to make an impact compared with some of the mercenary poo we had a few years ago. Attitude wise they are so far apart.

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's pathetic at best. 

If there was one player I would not aim that sort of chant at it would be someone that had lost a child but if it makes you feel good though,  knock yourself out.

I have and the thought of it being rubbed in by 3000 lunatics while I am playing football makes me feel sick. Totally shameful and totally despicable behaviour ?

5 hours ago, Quagga said:

Can we also talk about the referee

Felt he let a lot of stuff go, especially Sharp's  assault on Byne.
The irony being that at the end he spotted the Festy trip, showing he did have peripheral vision after all.

The bit I wasn't clear on was the rule around interfering with play which i think changed recently.  One time he actively stood in Bird's way  and blocked him from the ball enabling United and a couple of other times he seemed to just get  in the way.  I thought if that happened it was apologies all round and a drop ball  but clearly not

Did the bloke who fouled Festy leading to our second get yellow carded?

Yep saw that girl had been holding up a sign asking for his shirt class all round from the players involved. 

Not seen if this has been mentioned but many players appeared to be waving to the crowd including Tommo. It maybe this was either to family in the stands or in case this was the last game due to poss liquidation (?) rather than impending transfers?

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's pathetic at best. 

If there was one player I would not aim that sort of chant at it would be someone that had lost a child but if it makes you feel good though,  knock yourself out.

The worst thing is, I think this whole Sharp issue started because one idiotic Derby fan made a jibe about his kid years back. That’s what makes me uncomfortable.