Sheffield United (H) Matchday Thread Saturday 15th January 3pm

Anag Ram

A few comments from Sheff fans:

Fair play to Derby. Wanted it more and their fans were as loud and supportive as any of my several visits to PP or the Baseball.

Talking to a couple of Derby fans on the train back they were shocked that Lawrence played as he did, the same with Ebosele. It was a once a season performance by each apparently.

Over 2 games they’ve been way better than us

We were the better team in the first half, they came back into it as the second half wore on. They were poo though, which doesn't say a great deal for us today.

As for people saying our support was poor, I think they need to remember to take their hearing aid next time, it was all us singing in the first half. "Football in a library" made a few appearances, as did "they're here, they're there, there every duckin where, empty seats, empty seats".

Derby tried to get us joining in, when they sang "duck EFL, duck EFL, duck EFL" (to the tune of, we're the Shoreham boys, making all the noise, everywhere we go"), instead, the Blades fans sang "pay your duckin bills, pay your duckin bills", to the same tune. This game would have been tailor made for MGW and (dare I say it) Mousse, to break forward and cause mistakes from Stearman and co.

Not many positives today, pretty poor from most of the players, and a shocking drive back home, what an utterly *ank road system, Derby has, not fit for purpose.

I'd categorise that last one as "might need counselling".

12 minutes ago, Crewton said:

There may be a contractual reason why the highlights on the club website can't be tinkered with, I don't know.

The club has tweeted full clips of both goals showing all the build-up as I posted up earlier.

Yes I know, and don't want to keep going round in circles so shall leave it as being surprised. After all, I would much rather watch the Twitter clips than the brief highlights reel to get my adrenaline rush ?

It’s sad that such an amazing performance has been lost on here to some degree due to all the other baalocks going on. I came on to post Saturday night about the game and the match thread was well down the list, had to properly search for the ratings thread.

Not a criticism of anyone it’s understandable but just an observation