Reading FC (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

13 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Unbelievable fight - but so frustrating to go two down to a team that offered nothing other than hoping Carroll would win every long ball. Big point but felt like two points dropped to me on full reflection. But we keep going and what a header by Curtis! This team is very good at the moment. 

Exactly my feelings, we were a class above but need more muscle up front without Kaz. As soon as he came on you could see them looking unsure. But the fight and spirit is something else. 

COYR

Did Sky just begrudgingly show the free kick decision for their second goal (the one where Hoilett kicked Bryne and got a free kick for it)?

Just waiting to see the Carroll elbow on Jagielka now.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Did Sky just begrudgingly show the free kick decision for their second goal (the one where Hoilett kicked Bryne and got a free kick for it)?

Just waiting to see the Carroll elbow on Jagielka now.

How the refs and officials didn't see that is beyond me. Such a dirty player is Andy Carroll!

40 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

He actually hovered... like a guardian angel!   

32 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If we don't see an award winning photo of Curtis doing his Guardian Angel impression, within the next 24 hiurs, then press photographers the world over can just duck off, for me, the bamfords!   ?

Meh... That'll do... ?

FIMVr3gX0AMqstY?format=png&name=small

What a performance (yet again!) from the boys! A point was the absolute minimum we deserved. Travesty we were 2-0 down, free kick taken 20 yards from where it should’ve been, Carroll wins header (as he always does) Hits hoilett’s back bounces perfectly for him and he sticks it in the top corner. Bad luck did nothing wrong. Second goal - never a free kick in a million years!!! Shocking decision! Could’ve defended it better but again Hoilett had the run of the ball and Allsop unlucky. From 2-0 onwards we absolutely battered them and pulled it back to 2-2 with skill, guile and heart!! Credit to Rooney Rosenior the coaching staff and every single player!! Outstanding commitment.

Can’t think of a single player other than Plange who it didn’t really happen for that had a bad game. Davies outstanding and what a goal!! Bird and Thompson were outstanding and completely ran the game. Lawrence kept going trying to influence things, Jozwiak patchy but overall decent. Byrne and Fozzy were excellent, and Allsop solid, outstanding save again. Then we get the subs who all impacted the game, that’s got to be a blueprint for us now, stay in the game for 60 mins and bring Kazim Ravel and Ebosele on to win it. They’re so potent and the moment and between them (Kazim and Ravel) they’ve won us 5 points in 3 games.

The players have delivered yet again! It’s now time for Quantuma to deliver!!!!!!

???????????

14 minutes ago, LazloW said:

The two Sky post-match pundits/summarisers/numpties are talking their usual tosh. 70% possession and double the number of attempts on goal, but apparently we were never in it. Drivel. Reading had two chances and scored two goals. Hardly dominated did they!  Frustrates me so much that we never get any credit for anything.  Aaghh.

In the immortal words of Ton Soprano, "forgeddaboutit". Our club, our fight, our fairy tale in the making and I for one don't want the Sky lip-service crew jumping on our bandwagon. Let them say what they want. They only make themselves look bitter and ignorant in doing so anyway.

Neutral fans now lining up to wish us well and acknowledge the fighting spirit Wazza and the lads are showing. Sky have not had anything good to say about us in ages. They needn't bother changing that now. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

We never looked like scoring today and Reading never should have - but the goalkeeper making a mistake helped and what a goal from Davies - proud again 

I actually thought the ref had a good game despite a couple of things that went against us but he ignored the reading play acting mainly 

Missed a sending off and gave Reading  two free kicks for nothing leading to 2 goals, compounded it by letting them eat 10 yards for the first one.  Not a good game for me.

I felt we were unlucky to have only got a point from the overall play, we were the better side over the 90 and caused them a lot more problems than they caused us. Obviously due to the context of the game, who wouldn't take a point? 

I'm not quite sure about Festy on the left wing, he really seemed to struggle at using his left foot and constantly wanted it on his right. 

I thought Max Bird was absolutely phenomenal, always looking to go forward, driving a lot more with the ball now too. Brilliant performance.

27 minutes ago, LazloW said:

The two Sky post-match pundits/summarisers/numpties are talking their usual tosh. 70% possession and double the number of attempts on goal, but apparently we were never in it. Drivel. Reading had two chances and scored two goals. Hardly dominated did they!  Frustrates me so much that we never get any credit for anything.  Aaghh.

189 games for Reading may have been a factor ?