The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t see why conversations are taking place at all - it just seems like backhanders for the boys - we shouldn’t be offering anything to parasites it’s sickening 

Yes. It’s akin to paying a ransom but with no help from the EFL and no way of forcing their hand to deal with the “claims” properly, we seem to have little choice.

Perhaps I'm just feeling a bit negative but I can't see that much will come of him meeting the Administrators. He sounded very cocky and self righteous on the interview that he did recently. He'll just say, "OK , give me some money to go away" and the administrators will "no, we can't afford to" and the potential buyers will refuse to bankroll it. The EFL then issue a statement to say that DCFC still hasn't addressed the Wycombe claim properly and therefore can't come out of administration and that it's all the administrators fault that no preferred bidder has been named yet and nothing to do with them....

image.png.9db73ff3d1e5f6b7828a3c63cb7f5f3d.png

2 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Perhaps I'm just feeling a bit negative but I can't see that much will come of him meeting the Administrators. He sounded very cocky and self righteous on the interview that he did recently. He'll just say, "OK , give me some money to go away" and the administrators will "no, we can't afford to" and the potential buyers will refuse to bankroll it. The EFL then issue a statement to say that DCFC still hasn't addressed the Wycombe claim properly and therefore can't come out of administration and that it's all the administrators fault that no preferred bidder has been named yet and nothing to do with them....

Depends on how much of what he has said publicly is just part of his stage act and for show, he is American after all. When he gets down to a professional meeting where hopefully, his arguments will be challenged more effectively, he might be a little different.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Depends on how much of what he has said publicly is just part of his stage act and for show, he is American after all. When he gets down to a professional meeting where hopefully, his arguments will be challenged more effectively, he might be a little different.

Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes for the admins to knock up a powerpoint slide showing the timeline of what happened and demonstrating that none of it was within Derby's power to influence, explain that therefore there's no case to answer and that he should go forth and find another ambulance to chase - preferably one with the EFL logo on the side......

Edited by Gaspode

23 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Although he has got the option to take MM to court.

1 hour ago, TheSlate said:

Anyone else found themselves supporting whomever Wycombe are playing? 

This season still has the potential to be my favourite in living memory...

The Rams stay up despite a 21 point deduction.

Wycombe finish 7th and don't sell out their car park again for the rest of the season.

Forest drop from 6th to 7th on the last day of the season.

Boro lose the play-off final to a last minute goal following a miscued clearance against a side who have either spent a lot, or have a large wage bill. Bournemouth will do.

Bristol City bastions of the championship trying to offset FFP failure and fast track changes on the grounds that they could have sold 30 million quids worth of players but for covid .  Jog on cheats.

Under the ownership of billionaire Stephen Lansdown, the West Country club has long been perceived as one of the most financially stable regimes below the Premier League.

However, Richard Gould, the club's chief executive, described to Telegraph Sport how the Covid-inflicted collapse in transfer values in the second tier has cost the club £30 million alone.

The executive has now taken the unprecedented step of warning they could be left with no choice but to take a points deduction next season unless the league fast-tracks reform.

EFL executives are exploring allowances for Covid-losses, but City are among a host of clubs concerned that the increased wiggle room will only cover matchday losses. For most clubs at City's level, a matchday-only saving might allow only around £5m on top of the current £39m upper-loss threshold for losses.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bristol City bastions of the championship trying to offset FFP failure and fast track changes on the grounds that they could have sold 30 million quids worth of players but for covid .  Jog on cheats.

Under the ownership of billionaire Stephen Lansdown, the West Country club has long been perceived as one of the most financially stable regimes below the Premier League.

However, Richard Gould, the club's chief executive, described to Telegraph Sport how the Covid-inflicted collapse in transfer values in the second tier has cost the club £30 million alone.

The executive has now taken the unprecedented step of warning they could be left with no choice but to take a points deduction next season unless the league fast-tracks reform.

EFL executives are exploring allowances for Covid-losses, but City are among a host of clubs concerned that the increased wiggle room will only cover matchday losses. For most clubs at City's level, a matchday-only saving might allow only around £5m on top of the current £39m upper-loss threshold for losses.

I'm pretty sure transfer values as an accounting method has been recently examined by the EFL in great detail.

Fundamentally, any future transfer value is a risk on the club and can't be considered in the accounts?

We failed FFP because we couldn't sell our players for what we thought we could...that is a commercial risk you took as a club.

If market values have collapsed, it means you can buy cheap to. If your entire model was based on selling in a seller's market, that doesn't deserve special ffp changes, does it now.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm pretty sure transfer values as an accounting method has been recently examined by the EFL in great detail.

Fundamentally, any future transfer value is a risk on the club and can't be considered in the accounts?

We failed FFP because we couldn't sell our players for what we thought we could...that is a commercial risk you took as a club.

If market values have collapsed, it means you can buy cheap to. If your entire model was based on selling in a seller's market, that doesn't deserve special ffp changes, does it now.

We really should sue for offering Martin a contract they couldn't afford.  If he was here we might have another 10 points. Sueeeeeee.......

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Not quite correct but yes I get your point. Had our transfer dealings not been so poo (and/or our accounting for player values unduly optimistic) we may well not have failed FFP.

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

This season still has the potential to be my favourite in living memory...

The Rams stay up despite a 21 point deduction.

Wycombe finish 7th and don't sell out their car park again for the rest of the season.

Forest drop from 6th to 7th on the last day of the season.

Boro lose the play-off final to a last minute goal following a miscued clearance against a side who have either spent a lot, or have a large wage bill. Bournemouth will do.

We've had that pleasure and no chance it can be as good as the last one. 3 points and a 7 goal swing.  More chance of winning the lottery.

25 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Boro lose the PO final in injury time when there’s a scramble on the goal line and Jagielka slaps it into the back of the net with his todger.

NO! NO! NO!

No way would I want the morons from Stoke being promoted to the PL. Much rather them play someone like Blackburn and Crooks misses the deciding penalty in the shoot-out.

35 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Ha ha Poppadomnaanbreadbloke

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I have said it before and will continue to do so. The EFL have Peter Ridsdale on their board. The same Peter Ridsdale who was banned from being a director of any company from 2012-2020 for siphoning £350k into his personal bank account not a business account. 

The EFL ladies and gentlemen, rotten to the core.

Genuinely interested whether you have this on copy/paste given that you’ve posted the same comment so often. Don’t want you getting a repetitive strain injury that might cause you to sue the efl.

2 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Genuinely interested whether you have this on copy/paste given that you’ve posted the same comment so often. Don’t want you getting a repetitive strain injury that might cause you to sue the efl.

Whenever EFL talk about "maintaining the integrity of the League", just cut and paste the Ridsdale comment. It's all you need to know about the level of integrity the EFL Board itself has.