The Administration Thread

Boycie

I think it’s clear as mud that the EFL told Boro to claim, Boro told Wycombe to claim and they’re all in this together until there’s no return from relegation for DCFC. 

They can’t take this past the 1st Feb so they will hold out for two weeks until we can’t sign anybody and will have lost more of our prized assets. 

Well you can see that statement's been rushed, to say the least!

Some of it we already know:

• We have people willing to become a PB if a decision can be made regarding the 'Boro/Wycombe claims (paraphrasing there, obviously).

Some points just beggar belief:

• "Integrity of the competition"... how does effectively forcing us to sell all of our players stand alongside this? Will any teams that we've already taken 4-6 points off this season have a claim against the EFL?

Also to have sections titled "Is the EFL acting unlawfully", "Is there a conflict of interest..." and "Does the EFL have a vendetta against Derby County"; this just shows how badly this whole affair has been handled. As has been mentioned by others before, a 10pm statement like that comes across as if they're scared... keep up the pressure people, it's working.

7 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Essentially - Our insolvency policy is uselessly vague and we have no idea how to apply it.

We are a complete waste of space and we have completely destroyed the integrity of the competition through our own incompetence

Your Sincerely

The EFL 

But whilst being hopelessly vague we are clear on what it doesn't let you do! 

3 minutes ago, chipperram said:

In Para two it implies we have been given an extension to the end of season to provide a funding plan. If I have read that right we are not up the Swan you on Feb 1st.  Hope I have read it right.

That was the original plan.

44 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Para 5 is important. It says that Boro first made their claims 12 months ago, suggests that WW were more recent (though it doesn’t say so). Only last week have the EFL decided that they should seek submissions to try to bring an end to the impasse. Incompetents.

And then later they confirm that the potential value of the claims is unknown and then suggest that the bidders are being unreasonable by not progressing without that knowledge. 
The statement reeks of incompetent inaction from an incompetent organisation. We can only hope that the public and political pressure will allow them, however late in the day, to do what they should have done in the beginning - create an arbitration process that allows for a decision to be reached that keeps one of their members in competitive business. Quickly.

19 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Being pedantic, it actually says that Boro commenced claims (plural) 12 months ago, which of course covers their highly spurious one against the stadium sale, which was thrown out or withdrawn (can’t remember which)

That was my implicit assumption. So one spurious claim can be disregarded or found invalid within the rules but the second cannot? 

5 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Well you can see that statement's been rushed, to say the least!

Some of it we already know:

• We have people willing to become a PB if a decision can be made regarding the 'Boro/Wycombe claims (paraphrasing there, obviously).

Some points just beggar belief:

• "Integrity of the competition"... how does effectively forcing us to sell all of our players stand alongside this? Will any teams that we've already taken 4-6 points off this season have a claim against the EFL?

Also to have sections titled "Is the EFL acting unlawfully", "Is there a conflict of interest..." and "Does the EFL have a vendetta against Derby County"; this just shows how badly this whole affair has been handled. As has been mentioned by others before, a 10pm statement like that comes across as if they're scared... keep up the pressure people, it's working.

Great Post and your point about integrity is spot on. We still have to play Fulham, Bournemouth,  Forest and Middlesbrough. 

Are Stoke and WBA going to be happy if we field the under 23s (if we're lucky, it might be under 18s) and lose heavily when we had such good results against them with a squad the EFL is forcing us to sell? I hope they sue the bloody arses off them!

Did anybody actually email the words vendetta to them? Think it’s a really interesting use of words because I don’t think anyone can really call it ‘a vendetta’, it’s a manipulation of the rules so they can cover up their mistakes. Or scape goating, however you want to put it.

To suggest a vendetta is convenient way of making out it’s all being overhyped rather than facing up to what the actual issues are.

Bunch of absolute twits

20 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

@The Baron, why couldn't you bring yourself to raise the vindictive claims by Boro and Wycombe being the sticking point on your TV interview. You forensically went after DCFC's accounts and we have been punished fully by our points deduction yet you fail to recognise that and will be complicit and as guilty as Gibson and Parry if we go out of business.

ducking disgraceful, vindictive behaviour from someone like yourself who professes to be a football fan.

The ITV interview went on for 15 minutes and they take a couple of ten second sound bites out of it. I did cover the claims from both those clubs but they weren’t broadcast presumably. 

As much as Rick Parry loathes me he’s not attempting to put Derby out of business, why would he do that, and also why would I want it either? 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Great Post and your point about integrity is spot on. We still have to play Fulham, Bournemouth,  Forest and Middlesbrough. 

Are Stoke and WBA going to be happy if we field the under 23s (if we're lucky, it might be under 18s) and lose heavily when we had such good results against them with a squad the EFL is forcing us to sell? I hope they sue the bloody arses off them!

Made this point earlier. We can have a huge part to play in who gets the play offs. Stoke would love 6 points... It could easily descend into a farce.