The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Rev said:

The most complicated football administration in history, other insolvency practitioners said it was near impossible and they wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. 

Yet here we are, clean out the other side in less time than its taken other, less complicated administrations to be resolved, with no lingering issues such as stadium ownership, paying off our dues over 3 years etc etc, and good, if not entirely comfortable time to plan for the season ahead.

No need to worry about paying a landlord rent on our home ground, no sword of Damacles hanging over our head in regards to further points deductions, a clean and clear exit from administration, which has looked unlikely from the off. 

Maybe Quantuma knew what they were doing all along, after all we've exited administration in the best possible shape we could have hoped for? 

Great job, guys.

They stumbled on a true Derby fan with money and clout. Bet they couldn't believe their luck, saved their 'reputation' for sure!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

They stumbled on a true Derby fan with money and clout. Bet they couldn't believe their luck, saved their 'reputation' for sure!

We are running out options let’s make this one a good one ☝️ 

I nip out for a couple of pints and look what happens.  If only I’d done that on Wednesday!!

What a great evening and one we should all enjoy.  Let’s all be thankful we have a club and when we have tough times in the future, look back at this last 9 months and remember the strength and unity we’ve all shown.

Thank you Mr Clowes.  And I can’t wait for 30th July, another day of celebration.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We went into Admin without a clue what the future holds, if there was a future, which wasn't assured.

We exit it having reunited the ground with the club, debt free, no further points deductions and in local fan ownership. 

However it came about, it's the best possible result we could have wished for, and they made it happen.

This needs to remain open if only to bump it every time we start getting ahead of ourselves and demanding big signings that we have no way of financing. 
Or moaning that we didn’t want to break our self imposed wages caps, or being upset that we are giving too many youth a chance, or generally forgetting what an absolute mess a thoughtless custodian can cause to our great club.

Things have been bleak, dark, horrid, frustrating, infuriating….leading to uniting, euphoric and amazing.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.  

Let’s never forget those dark days and the causes, that led us to uniting as a fan base and the feeling we have now of being literally ‘saved’ as a club from an almost reluctant buyer rather than ‘purchased’ as an ego boost for some investor. 

Thanks as always David for providing such a platform. You lost out as others did but kept this going and it became a massive help for many of us through the time. 

31 minutes ago, papa_lazarou said:

Not how I'd describe them.... More like a long term illness which has finally been removed like a wart.

No, that's Mel Morris

Quantuma were an ill-fitting, uncomfortable and slightly irritating plaster applied to help cover up the wound while it healed. 

When the time was ready they were ripped off, although some insist it was the other way round, to reveal the lovely pink new skin beneath. 

Some would have had them removed long before this point and been left with a festering open wound, but hey, more fool them. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

CONGRATULATIONS.

Great news and a great relief.

So please for all my Derby supporting Family & Friends and of course all of you lot here.

Yes, I will admit it now, I am a Forest fan, but contrary to popular belief, there is no law that means being a Forest fan means you have to hate Derby.

Delighted that you are now owned by someone who genuinely loves the club. I  have to say CK struck me as another Fawaz and I think you dodged a bullet big time.

Anyway,  enjoy celebrating this weekend,  then relax and enjoy your summer.

And if you lot can carry the spirit and togetherness you showed last season into this one, it hopefully wont be too long before we can resume those fantastic A52 derbies......hopefully in the PL!

Take care all,

Rich.

So you are a Forest fan? Who would have guessed it? 

Edited by PistoldPete

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

new forum banner, maybe?

David Clowes' Derby County FC Fans?    ?

I made a promise that once Wayne Rooney had left, there would be no more  changing of the name on the forum.

Whilst he's very much the "saviour" right now, 12 months down the line some might not be a fan of how the club is being run.

Would only create more moaning asking for it to be removed so we'll leave it be.