The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not so sure…

I dont think it will make any difference. The cost of living crisis will have a big impact but I hope Rooney going wont. Many fans will want to help the club back on its feet if they are able to I think. I'm hoping to buy us a couple even though I know we cant get to too many games - as there's no crowd funding that will at least get money directly into the club and hopefully it will encourage us to trek over more often

2 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Depends what is in their contracts.  Unless legally confirmed - and I'm not a lawyer - I wouldn't be 100% that you can simply rip contracts up because a new owner takes over.  A new club - i.e. phoenix with name taken, yes I would imagine you could; but I'm not sure - unless written in - you can do this with a simple takeover.  So I recommend take that with pinch of salt.

Surely it is more likely that their lawyers are saying we couldnt take up contract extension as in administration rather than saying they have no contract due to new ownership. Contract with a company that still exists (hopefully)

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

No, he'll insist on exclusivity on his terms.  i.e. he can consent to others of his agreement being involved in discussions.  I suspect someone like Appleby or Morgan would be welcomed on board with open arms.  Not so Ashley - too much hassle.

Hmmm. If Ashley offers the best deal for creditors I really doubt DC will stand in the way. First, he’d want the best for creditors. Second, he doesn’t want to join q on the wrong end of a law suit from MJW Ashley 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hmmm. If Ashley offers the best deal for creditors I really doubt DC will stand in the way. First, he’d want the best for creditors. Second, he doesn’t want to join q on the wrong end of a law suit from MJW Ashley 

Does MA really want to pay over the odds for the Club though? Surely it's just a bit of a wind-up.

Interesting thought.

Perhaps DC and Co are the last resort and are happy to be that.

By submitting an offer to buy the club it puts the ball in Ashley and Applebys court, either put up now or pee off.

If the case, its a clever move all round.

Either Ashley or Appleby finally submit the winning bid, or DC and Co takeover and run us sensibly until in a position to sell on.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Interesting thought.

Perhaps DC and Co are the last resort and are happy to be that.

By submitting an offer to buy the club it puts the ball in Ashley and Applebys court, either put up now or pee off.

If the case, its a clever move all round.

Either Ashley or Appleby finally submit the winning bid, or DC and Co takeover and run us sensibly until in a position to sell on.

Sums it up I think. Also DC buying the stadium means any attempts by Ashley to divide and rule the creditors won't work. Saying he won't buy out MSD but expects Morris to do that, or trying to squeeze Q's fees .. basically squeezing the creditors by going for soft targets. Hopefully DC wil not be a soft target,  as he can outbid Ashley overall now DC is in the driving seat. If ashley really wants the club he will have to pay a proper price to the creditors. .      

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

On what basis could Ashley sue Clowes? MA doesn't have a divine right to have everyone step aside if he wants something. If Q accepts DC's offer, Ashley's gripe would be with Q, not DC.

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

He’s a nightmare and who’d envy q having to handle him. The worst thing is, his bid (if it exists) probably assumes they take a cold bath on fees, leaving q subsidising the uplift to UCs . And q know he’ll drop his suit if he gets us. 

One thing you can say about Ashley is, you’d rather have him on your side 

Newcastle fans were not that happy with him on their side.

21 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As far as I'm aware Ashley has never actually put a bid in for the club despite all of the bluster about his millions.

He's due as much compensation for not buying the club as my grandads ferret (who also didn't bother bidding)

Shame on you. I think you've just broken the NDA about the ferret's bid !!

42 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As far as I'm aware Ashley has never actually put a bid in for the club despite all of the bluster about his millions.

He's due as much compensation for not buying the club as my grandads ferret (who also didn't bother bidding)

Bit random... but I learned a few minutes ago that in geordie talk Ferret means thief.