The Administration Thread

Boycie

If the rumours are only rumours, will more delays in the transfer of ownership have an impact on any deals done to secure the signing of the players needed for next season?  How long will a player be prepared to wait for a contract to be put in front of him from the Derby management, before he takes up an offer from another club?

If the rumours are true, is there anyone else that is still interested in buying the club. How long would it take for any new owner to take control? Would there be time to complete a transfer of ownership before a cut off date that would be impose by the EFL?  Would these delays still mean we could still miss out in getting the players allegedly already lined up for next season.

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

I wonder whether this might not be part of the reason for the delay. Is it a stipulation for final transfer of funds that the EFL formally endorse CK's ownership. Given their track record, I'd definitely make this a mandatory condition.

Perhaps the silence is actually because we've been waiting for the EFL to convene and confirm, akin to exchange of contract when house buying and parties are keeping schtum to ensure they don't give parry and co any reason to cause further delays. I'd not be surprised, though I'd not considered this before now, but now I have, it kinda stacks up in my mind.

Out it this way: CK saying deal done today - EFL meeting today - coincidence? 

And the EFL meet and say "we can't endorse this until you've paid for it"

"The EFL are concerned about the collapse of the proposed takeover of Derby county and will continue to work to secure the long term future of the vlub'

9 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Did he actually bid?

Yes but he wanted the stadium for less than Mel valued it, and the other 3 either promised more for the stadium or didn't want it as part of the deal. Once again Mel decided to gamble and trust the others.

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Is CK looking for a way out ! 

He must have funds they have already been checked by EFL 

There is the possibility he may well have the funds,which is all the EFL will want to see at the start of the process, now it's getting to the signing of contracts they may,and i say may, might now want to know if those funds are legitimate.

You can see why the EFL are perhaps getting a little unsettled with the new season approaching and nothing sorted yet. 

We will find out soon enough.

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Q took it to efl.

4 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Yes but he wanted the stadium for less than Mel valued it, and the other 3 either promised more for the stadium or didn't want it as part of the deal. Once again Mel decided to gamble and trust the others.

There's no proof of either of these claims.

Nothing out there actually says for a fact Ashley made a formal bid to the administrators at any point.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

To be fair to Kirchner again, this delay would actually make more sense when you place it alongside the Bank Holidays excuse.

CK anticipated it would go through a week ago, perhaps he didn’t expect this level of stringency when checking the source of the cash - this will be the biggest transaction in terms of commitment that he’s made after all. If those checking the source ran into the  Bank Holiday, then it’s easy to see why those days holding up the deal would be overlooked.

I think it’s pretty certain that he has enough in his bank to buy the Club, has signed everything he needs to sign, and paid a considerable amount to legal teams to get to this stage, or we’d have heard by now. Hopefully this is just an issue of people looking for answers for the delay, finding out about the Money Laundering Checks, and thinking the worst.

34 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

No, he absolutely should not have.

The man is a well-known business vulture - he waits in the shadows until the business is on its knees before swooping in and putting a tenner on the table.

He will let us get to the point of having absolutely nothing to our name - no Rooney, no player re-signings - before offering a derisory amount that will see us start with -15. All for the sake of getting something a little bit cheaper than market value.

I promise you, he should only ever be a last, last, absolutely final choice.

What possible reason would Ashley have to own a club in League 1 or 2? Wouldn't it be in his interest, if he wanted to use us for advertising Sports Direct etc, to have us in the Champ or Prem? Ashley already made a bid months ago so isn't waiting until the last moment

For all we know, he could be the only one with the literal funds to buy the club

Edited by DCFC Kicks

36 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Great, Saudi blood money is involved which definitely makes it an attractive proposition. What is 120k to Kirchner? he's supposed to be on the verge of tying up a 20 million pound deal for us. I presume this is the same tournament that is trying to rival the PGA and they have not taken kindly to it past the inaugural event which they're not going to bar anyone from. 

The prize money is only payed to the pros in the groups , amateur s cannot win that kind of money without turning pro , standard stuff in pro ams , team game with prizes for the amateur s and money up for grabs for the pro,s

4 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

There's no proof of either of these claims.

Nothing out there actually says for a fact Ashley made a formal bid to the administrators at any point.

Except for Percy. Who else  was it if  ot Ashley?

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

He was at the least preparing a bid. Before Quantuma started ignoring him and then effectively telling him to 'go away'.

I think Kirchener is a little like Morris, a small time businessman who fortunately stumbled upon Bitcoin like Morris bought King just before Candy Crush exploded onto the scene. 

Therefore his amount of wealth isn't reflected in the expected level of business acumen and experience. 

He's not used to big deals and this whole saga has been surprisingly difficult and lengthy to him

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except for Percy. Who else  was it if  ot Ashley?

Percy didn't say that though.

He said Mike Ashley had made an approach to Mel Morris. Not an offer to Quantuma. Not a formal bid.

...but Mel Morris is not in control of selling the club.

Who else? Binnies? Appleby? A.N. Other? There was an article somewhere along the line which mentioned that Appleby 'nearly got it' or similar words.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't think for one minute Ed has put this info out maliciously, or that he hasn't been given information from what he deems a reliable source.

For once I actually feel for him a bit here, he has surfaced a message a lot of people don't want to hear and is probably getting hammered for it.

His source might be right, his source might be wrong. Ed was just trying to give the fans the latest as he understood it.

I’m not so sure. By all means report doubts from sources, or disturbing rumours but the wording is inflammatory and typical of Ed. It’s shock horror attention grabbing. I respect his fan like enthusiasm and knowledge of the club, but I have never liked his tone and delivery. It’s always seemed to me to be bratty and sensationalised. 

god this is torture

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ah right, I thought you meant you had heard something as well as this mornings news

I was at work early so didn’t catch the news until 11.30. Got back in car after shift, hoping for an explosion of delight and then this. I guess I was behind the curve .. sorry