The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My (probably wildly optimistic) hope is that the players are already aware of what sort of deal we can put in front of them once the ink is dry and if it goes through before the 31st of May we see a flurry of renewals in short order.

Not everyone is going to stay. Anyone with a Premier League offer on the table will likely be off and good luck to 'em. Hopefully we keep the bones of a decent squad together and Rooney and Kirchner have a few less problems to solve in the transfer window than they though.

Percy and Dawes have both confirmed - as we all suspected - that the players are holding out for Rooney to commit his future. So I think we could be surprised at how may will still be here next year, besides the obvious ones who will almost certainly leave.

And I think you're right - they will roughly know what we will be able to offer them.

Get the stadium sorted > new contract for Rooney > players re-sign ?

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Rooney's agent likely to join the board. 

While I trust the process, because, well what other choice is there, this does worry me a touch, given the way it unfolded with Sam Rush.

Stretford's agency hasn't got anywhere near as many clients as Wasserman, but we have actually signed a couple on loan in the recent past (Baningime and Hepburn Murphy) and linked with others (Garner, Bachmann), so I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up a couple this summer. The most likely signings in my opinion would be:

Kaiyne Woolery - Left winger who had 30 goal involvements in 102 L2 games prior to moving to Motherwell in the summer. Useful squad option. Hasn't shown the best of form since moving up there and could be looking for a move back to England.
Harry Pickering - 23 year old left wing back who has been in and out of the Blackburn team this season after moving from Crewe in the summer. Very good option if we lose Buchanan.
Niall Ennis - Regular at CF for Plymouth in the 2nd half of the season and contract is expiring. Useful squad player in our weakest position.

There's also Butland and Gunn who would be fantastic (but unlikely) signings at L1 level if we were to lose Allsop and Roos.

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Well my morning glory has extended into the afternoon (but that may be because I have got my pills mixed up again). 

Some really good news in the last 12 hours but reading some posts on here you might think differently.  Whether CK has the wherewithal to achieve great things for our Club in the future is anyone’s guess, but to exchange contracts is a huge step and not to be derided or undermined. Yes, let’s not get carried away, but why so many doomsayers want to continue to pick everything apart is beyond me. CK HAS STOPPED THE DOOMSDAY CLOCK. He has shown his commitment. It is now up to Morris/MSD to finalise the stadium sale to some third party, who is supportive of CK’s proposals. Well done CK. I hope this works out for you and us. Up the Rams!

I agree iram, also the buyer of PPS (whoever they are) needs to pull the stops out too.  It's not just here the doomsters, Ed Dawes , Rob Dorset all saying nothing much changed. They are very wrong.  EFL strangely silent , which is  a good sign IMO. Ridsdale and parry probably smashing up office equipment.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There's also Butland and Gunn who would be fantastic (but unlikely) signings at L1 level if we were to lose Allsop and Roos.

I watched Hudds Vs Luton last night, One comment was, Huddersfield finished 20th last season and spent £1.5million this season...!% of what Fulham spent?‍♀️

There's players out there that will sign for us and WR, Even to say WR has them in his sights and conversations have been had with them, Interesting weeks ahead ?

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Rooney's agent likely to join the board. 

While I trust the process, because, well what other choice is there, this does worry me a touch, given the way it unfolded with Sam Rush.

indeed. Will we surf on the Maui Monster-like wave of Stretford’s ambition ? Or will it crush us in the roiling depths 

Would love to know whether CK has 100% of the deal... 

This is the best we all must have felt since last September. 

We stuck together and got through it together. 

m We can now hopefully enjoy a much better 12 months and if we did keep most of the players, automatic promotion would feel like winning the Premier League to us. 

17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I watched it and my overwhelming thought was "Bugger, Forest will easily beat this lot"

Agreed. Hope Huddersfield turn out to be their QPR, assuming they beat the Blades tonight though I've a sneaking feeling that might not go to plan.

26 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I watched it and my overwhelming thought was "Bugger, Forest will easily beat this lot"

I'm hoping the Blades show up tonight, Hudds are an organised team, But those down the A52 have that something else...I'll not be watching this game, I'd sooner take MM out for a drink ?

49 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Percy and Dawes have both confirmed - as we all suspected - that the players are holding out for Rooney to commit his future. So I think we could be surprised at how may will still be here next year, besides the obvious ones who will almost certainly leave.

And I think you're right - they will roughly know what we will be able to offer them.

Get the stadium sorted > new contract for Rooney > players re-sign ?

I’d guess Rooney’s contract terms will have been sorted between Stretford and CK in the context of the business plan discussions. Hefty promotion bonus perhaps. Hopefully Rooney will now be having a busy few days discussing terms with players 

37 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah, I had the same thought. Forest to be fair should have put Sheff Utd properly to bed in that first leg and could have been out of sight by half time. Sheff Utd gave themselves a chance with the late goal but honestly it flattered them and they'll need to be a hell of a lot better in the 2nd leg.

Obviously fingers crossed that Forest miss out but in all honesty they look to be the strongest side in the playoffs. Delighted to be proven wrong though !

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I agree iram, also the buyer of PPS (whoever they are) needs to pull the stops out too.  It's not just here the doomsters, Ed Dawes , Rob Dorset all saying nothing much changed. They are very wrong.  EFL strangely silent , which is  a good sign IMO. Ridsdale and parry probably smashing up office equipment.

I am an older fan, but can't wait to get the young ones in charge,ck rooney and hopefully curtis. I think we are in for a rollercoaster ride, hold onto your hats folks.

27 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Everyone thought that about QPR when we smashed Brighton.

I also thought,,,why is it when we get the final we have to play QPR and Villa who were both big spending and favourites to go up rather than Uddersfield Town who look as interesting as a bucket of poo to watch....yaaawn...

Also didn't like the constant whingeing from the terriers players and thought Luton were unlucky not to beat them ...but I'd have taken us to have beaten any of them with the first side we went to wembley with COYR

Just now, S8TY said:

I also thought,,,why is it when we get the final we have to play QPR and Villa who were both big spending and favourites to go up rather than Uddersfield Town who look as interesting as a bucket of poo to watch....yaaawn...

Also didn't like the constant whingeing from the terriers players especially Holmes! ?and thought Luton were unlucky not to beat them ...but I'd have taken us to have beaten any of them with the first side we went to wembley with COYR

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Also didn't like the constant whingeing from the terriers players and thought Luton were unlucky not to beat them ...but I'd have taken us to have beaten any of them with the first side we went to wembley with COYR

I would have taken us to beat Huddersfield or Luton with our current squad over two legs. 

28 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

And the context for those not on Twitter.  And such support from Mr Ratcliffe - why are our so-called fans laying into him like this when he's the one man here to give our club a future.  If you're on here, take a step back please, count to 10 and let things play out.  You've waited 2 years FFS, just one more week hopefully then we move on. 

image.png