The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I really want to celebrate a PB being named after months of Q false starts, but it just feels like the start of another chapter in the dcfc saga. I’m a bit underwhelmed to be honest, but maybe after CK has laid out his plans for the future, things will become clearer. ( Not via Twitter please Chris )

I know what you mean. Don't get me wrong, it is good to hear that a PB has been named and good luck to CK if he sees this through and gets us back on track in good shape. Good also to know also that there is another interested party in case it falls through but the devil will be in the detail and we haven't heard anything about that yet so it is hard to judge the merits of this with any real certainty.

I guess we're back to waiting because there have been comments that detailed negotiations with HMRC will only happen when they have a bidder to speak to. They have indicated that they may be prepared to entertain some form of compromise but wouldn't discuss specifics until the process had moved on. I suspect that we may be facing more waiting while a load of issues are thrashed out but I am surprised that we don't have a CK statement. He's not usually reticent to speak on all matters DCFC.

36 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Clearly doesn't want to do it enough to submit an acceptable bid. If he was genuinely interested at all, he was hanging on to get it at the lowest possible price - that wouldn't auger well for the club, especially as we've already been losing players all along this nightmare process.

Lol.

If he pays less for the Club there's more for the players!

Why should anyone pay more than they need to for a group of 3 players and errr, errr a few bits and bobs? 

13 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Doesn’t Mel own the Rivendell sports arena through Tolkien Holdings ?

Our PB is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Chris he is the Master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.???

with apologies to Tom Bombadil

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

1 minute ago, Turk Thrust said:

I just don’t get posters moaning about Ashley hanging on to get the lowest possible price. If I were buying something I’d want the lowest possible price as well. Wouldn’t we all?

Of course but if it's a bidding war, like buying a house, you go with a bid that ensures yours is the winning bid.

Moreover, by delaying, it's lessened the club's potential for recovering quickly.

1 minute ago, Turk Thrust said:

I just don’t get posters moaning about Ashley hanging on to get the lowest possible price. If I were buying something I’d want the lowest possible price as well. Wouldn’t we all?

Because whilst that is understandable, if he chose to pay a bit more this could probably have been settled months ago. So yes, it's sensible from a business standpoint, but as a Derby fan why would anyone be high on a potential owner that chose to let the club struggle to save a fraction of his wealth. 

3 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Is the PB allowed to run the club?

(Sell tickets, re-sign players etc)

I thought at end of last year we were thinking that the answer to this question is yes.

The EFL have to apply some common sense. Their own rules allow the club a limit of 18 months in administration which would take us through to next March. It wold be a bit difficult playing fixtures through to then if we only had 5 players.
I doubt they'll commit to anything until the takeover is pretty much certain, or wait until the end of May to make the decision.

3 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

He's not usually reticent to speak on all matters DCFC.

Let's hope he's learnt his lesson and stays off Twitter and any other media.  I don't want an owner that is constantly seeking attention.  CK doesn't strike me as the most mature of people (no offence Chris as you're bound to be reading this thread), reacts badly to criticism, the goading from fans of other clubs (or this one) or if things don't go his way.  It makes me think he'll flounce off at some point, possibly before completing the deal.