The Administration Thread

Boycie

I suspect that DCFC will operate under some restrictions for at least the next 12-18months. 

With that in mind, combined with the % of turnover:wages calculation used in Leagues 1 and 2, means that it would be a pretty lean period no matter who came in and purchased the club.

This leads me to belive that DC will come in to run the club through this period whilst looking for further investment, to get more people on board while the club recovers for a tilt at the Championship.

It's nigh-on impossible to speculate beyond that, but the noises made so far seem to indicate this is the method.

2 hours ago, RAMS1992 said:

I’m not aware of any mountain of evidence that he did intend to buy it other than what we’ve been told by people who would want us to think that. 

Kirchner must have known that the money he used for proof of funds couldn’t be used to purchase the club.

Why would someone apply to be put through the DAOT if they don’t want to buy the club? Someone who is CEO of a company that is heading for a listing ?? 
Doesn’t begin to make sense 

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Just to speak from experience on this.. 

If you try to quote by highlighting a bit of text and clicking the little 'quote selection' box that pops up, and this piece of text is itself a quote  the system can't recognise this, and will treat it as if you're quoting the person who's post contained the original quote. 

Thanks that is good to know   Apologies for causing confusion 

27 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think the reason a good chunk of supporters think/thought that Mike Ashley would of been the “best” choice was simply two fold:

1) Most amount of money (per reports)

2) He’s owned another football club that has played at a higher level than we have 

Whether or not you think he did a good job of No.2 is up for debate, but I think it’s those two factors that earn him a lot of support.

Clowes, and to an extent Appleby, are unknowns and should therefore be regarded with a healthy level of scepticism, as well as optimism, in my opinion. 

I'll reserve my scepticism for the retail baron that never put in an acceptable offer, thanks, and offer my optimism to the fella who's put his money where his mouth is and saved the club.

Hopeful will see clows holding derby county scarf and with a bit of luck derby will found not guilty of so called wrong doing of wages in may and I think personal some of goverment come say to Q derby are not paying you a penny of work been done even your going to give derby a full refund.

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

youtube GIF…somewhere. 

The sun is shining over here so no F5 for me. Couple hours of work and canoeing trip sounds better.

I'll pop in during the evening to see was this deadline for real. For some reason, I kind of think it might happen today. I give it rather optimistic 40% chance.

If I could do a poll I would...!

Is today the day we finally can say the administration process is over? That we are owned by a Derby fan of not inconsequential means - if not a multi billionaire some seem to think we need.

Can we relax....and celebrate....and if so how are you doing it?

Or is it a false dawn regardless and we just operate under another set of restrictions?

Come on.....are Quantuma going to meet a deadline for the first time, ever??

Clubs in League one have to abide by Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP). League one, clubs can spend up to 60 per cent of turnover on player-related expenditure.

This is 75 per cent in the year immediately following relegation from the Championship.

If Derby are restricted on transfers, with a severely depleted squad, the advantage is to the best clubs already in league one.

This reminds me of last summer, when Derby couldn't buy players or take loans, the club couldn't get the best free transfers as they were restricted on what salaries they could pay.

Because Derby couldn't trade, until after the sale has gone through, it's now a case that as well as many of derbys players leaving or already left the club, there's a huge team rebuild required.

Many of the best free agents are gone.

Our defense could be the oldest in League one, a physical league.

Out of contract players Curtis Davies (43), Craig Forsyth (33), and Richard Stearman (34) reported back to Derby for training. At present no other club in the country appears to have made these free agents an offer.

How Derby start the season, will play a big part in where they finish. 

Rooney is on record as saying he wanted at least 40 new players to join the club.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17646712/rooney-demands-players-summer-transfer-derby/amp/

We have a new owner, is he restricted by the efl in what  invest? i think this restriction is for about two seasons?

Where as rooneys name might have encouraged loan signings to join Derby, our new temporary manager will not have the same ability.

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Clubs in League one have to abide by Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP). League one, clubs can spend up to 60 per cent of turnover on player-related expenditure.

This is 75 per cent in the year immediately following relegation from the Championship.

If Derby are restricted on transfers, with a severely depleted squad, the advantage is to the best clubs already in league one.

This reminds me of last summer, when Derby couldn't buy players or take loans, the club couldn't get the best free transfers as they were restricted on what salaries they could pay.

Because Derby couldn't trade, until after the sale has gone through, it's now a case that as well as many of derbys players leaving or already left the club, there's a huge team rebuild required.

Many of the best free agents are gone.

Our defense could be the oldest in League one, a physical league.

Out of contract players Curtis Davies (43), Craig Forsyth (33), and Richard Stearman (34) reported back to Derby for training. At present no other club in the country appears to have made these free agents an offer.

How Derby start the season, will play a big part in where they finish. 

Rooney is on record as saying he wanted at least 40 new players to join the club.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17646712/rooney-demands-players-summer-transfer-derby/amp/

We have a new owner, is he restricted by the efl in what  invest? i think this restriction is for about two seasons?

Where as rooneys name might have encouraged loan signings to join Derby, our new temporary manager will not have the same ability.

It’s going to be okay Oldben!

We will grow our squad. We will start the season, perhaps with a bit of a motley crew. But, just like last year, we will find new heroes!

1C3591EB-F699-481E-A9C8-3A225E6489D6.webp

Daily Mail article credibility alert:
1) It's THE Daily Mail
2) Reporter Matt Hughes , with a long history of making stuff up.
3) No payments were made by Stretford.The payments were made by an agency that he works for.
4) The story that he or his agency paid the player wages secretly also seems inplausible.. did the agency somehow have all players bank details? In any case the story says the payment was by cheque.

5) It seems more plausible that funding was provided by the agency on behalf of CK.. in which case the physical payment of wages was actually by DCFC. Either way the players were definitely paid so no infringement of that requirement.

6) Quantuma wil not face investigation by Financial Services Authority , not least because that organisation has not existed for nearly 10 years.