The Administration Thread

Boycie

16 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Daily meetings with q are a quite different thing - particularly in light of the state of relations between q and EFL 

If q said to all bidders: we will take your bids forward on condition you agree to EFL involvement, then any serious bidders would agree. It’s in Q’s hands

Is AA’s bid is really moving forward as he claims? If it is, then Q’s latest statement is in no small part an attempt to fob off the EFL in their attempts to get involved 

This whole “Q won’t involve the EFL” narrative doesn’t make sense, you haven’t explained how they’re not involving them and now you say they’re fobbing them off. 
Trevor Birch is the CEO of the EFL, he is the one who has said they’re in dialogue with Quantuma, which by definition is them involving the EFL. I take your point in that they could say to all bidders “you have to involve the EFL if you want the club”, but given that the interested parties are choosing themselves not to speak to the EFL about this process they could just as easily walk away at being presented with such an ultimatum. The (alleged) interested parties clearly have their reasons for instructing their legal teams not to speak to the EFL, again that is their choice and not Quantuma’s. 
I’m all for people bashing Quantuma for the things they’ve actually got wrong, things we can clearly see and evidence (and there’s a sizeable list such as setting and then missing multiple deadlines, poor communication with fans, poor communication with club employees, selling Shinnie for peanuts, not dealing with the legal claims in a timely manner, wasting time and money on legal disputes with the EFL, not ending Kirchner’s PB status as soon as the money stalled, not engaging with fans around alternative funding opportunities, charging a fortune for their “services”…. Any more?) but this narrative that they’re the ones not giving info to the EFL simply isn’t right. They cannot legally divulge certain information without the explicit consent of the parties involved, no amount of speculation or conspiracy theorising will change that legal circumstance, in fact for the EFL to have reached out to the legal teams of interested parties would suggest to me that Quantuma have provided the contact details to the EFL (in line with GDPR legislation)

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

47 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It’s difficult because you’re asking owners of teams to give earned revenue away to other owners who haven’t earned it. The EFL could absolutely make more of their product, but instead decide to market it as ‘the wilderness’ and the only thing that matters is the Premier League. 

The EFL need to focus on their own revenue and the Premier League’s charity should be grass roots not the three divisions below them. The problem is that the EFL have got lazy in just accepting handouts, rather than do something about it. 

Good post.

Parry et al are just lapdogs for the Premier League. The Football league is very marketable and capable of building far better TV deals with a bit of gumption from those running the show.

whoever comes in they need to take this opportunity to strip back and run the club sustainably, i dont particularly care about us going out and chasing glory. run the club well and use what we have got sensibly thats all i care about

if its from league one or the national league then so be it.

if i see us going out again and spending bucketloads  which we clearly cant afford to do i will cringe. 

Edited by alram

18 minutes ago, alram said:

whoever comes in they need to take this opportunity to strip back and run the club sustainably, i dont particularly care about us going out and chasing glory. run the club well and use what we have got sensibly thats all i care about

if its from league one or the national league then so be it.

if i see us going out again and spending bucketloads  which we clearly cant afford to do i will cringe. 

I think were already at the top of Everest with just a willy warmer 

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look I think he knows the score and I do think he will pay them.

Also as prove he has the money to do it.

We all hope it goes through and fast but I wouldn’t get carried away, all talk at the minute and no evidence it is moving forward! Let’s just hope

17 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look I think he knows the score and I do think he will pay them.

Also as prove he has the money to do it.

Do you think the players would mind if it came in bags of 1’s, 2’s and 5’s?

53 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m all for people bashing Quantuma for the things they’ve actually got wrong, 

We know EFl has asked to be involved. And that Q has refused to allow EFL involvement in the bid process. Speaking daily is a completely different thing. 
My opinion is: EFL seek involvement because they think Q have failed to handle the bid process well. And that Q won’t allow EFL involvement in part because if they do and it leads to a deal, it puts more of their fees at risk by suggesting they needed help. 

I can see there’s an argument that q is doing the right thing because opportunist and tricky bidders such as Ashley will not consent to eFL involvement. Maybe that’s right - but I’m not convinced, because it looks like Ashley gets us only if he’s the last man standing 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We know EFl has asked to be involved. And that Q has refused to allow EFL involvement in the bid process. Speaking daily is a completely different thing. 
My opinion is: EFL seek involvement because they think Q have failed to handle the bid process well. And that Q won’t allow EFL involvement in part because if they do and it leads to a deal, it puts more of their fees at risk by suggesting they needed help. 

I can see there’s an argument that q is doing the right thing because opportunist and tricky bidders such as Ashley will not consent to eFL involvement. Maybe that’s right - but I’m not convinced, because it looks like Ashley gets us only if he’s the last man standing 

… or more likely Q see EFL’s late desire to get involved, after shafting us throughout the process, as a last gasp face saving exercise where they can wring out a bit of credit if a sale concludes, or a ‘we really tried’ if it all goes pear shape as they transfer our golden share to Wrexham.

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Where is this information that Q have refused to allow EFL involvement? I’ve clearly missed something here. What involvement should the EFL have? Once there is an actual bid on the table they will be given the info to do their fit and proper checks, they’ll check the source of the money… all of which they did with CK and that didn’t work out. 
It still comes back to the point that the parties allegedly engaging with Quantuma have denied the EFL consent, NOT Quantuma themselves, Trevor Birch has said this himself. Where is the further evidence and info that confirms Q are obstructing the process with the EFL?