The Administration Thread

Boycie

41 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

We would be relegated for sure. We'll have an attendence of around 16,000 and no players of championship quality. Last season was all about sticking it to the EFL but next season on -15 points, it will be down to the new owner. No group of players will put in 100% every week when it's the owners fault and the fans will throw the towel in also.

But the "bring Mike Ashley in" brigade don't see it.

15 points deduction next season will mean League Two the following season.

Out of interest, are you aware of anyone offering more than MA and enough to avoid a 15 point penalty? If there is someone then what MA offers and whatever the “bring MIke Ashley in brigade” might see is irrelevant as their offer will have to be accepted (provided of course they can prove they’ll complete quickly). 

I’m not a MA fan and certainly don’t relish the prospect of a 15 point deduction but, if that’s the best offer on the table then we don’t have a lot of choice.

I also think that whilst there will no doubt be some low attendances for unattractive mid week games, the actual average would still be above 16,000. Neither the majority of the fans or the players will throw the towel in (IMO) and whilst it will be tough, relegation certainly won’t be “for sure”.

44 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Can folks stop this idea that just because someone is incredible rich they should be happy to over-spend to save the club or to make sure we can start the next season on zero points.....people simply don't get to be incredibly rich by frittering money away unnecessarily. It's also part of the 'game' that investors play to buy something as cheaply as possible and turn a huge profit (look at the finance/crypto threads if you need proof for how many ordinary people are doing exactly that (though at a far smaller scale)).

I suggested previously (though probably over 1500 pages ago) that if (for example) Ashley buys us, he won't care too much about getting promoted in the short-term. It will be a long-term project with the aim of making us a sustainable PL team in the next 10-15 years. He's therefore going to pay the bare minimum that he can get away with.....I've used Ashley as an example, but I suspect the same applies to the majority of other possible owners with no current ties to the club. It simply doesn't make sense to chuck money at the club...

Kirchner's agreeement to pay what the EFL and creditors demanded made no sense for a club heading into League One - there simply isn't the value in the club without the ground attached....I really can't see anyone else being willing to match his deal. We either start next season in League One on -15 or we get liquidated and come back as a phoenix club in a year's time - I really can't see any alternative scenario that makes sense now CK has delayed so much and effectively chucked us in the creek without a paddle

Tell that to all of the owners currently running their football club at a loss whilst their other businesses cover the hit.

Pretty much all of them have accrued some wealth through other businesses before buying a football club, for them it's not about getting rich, they're already rich!

Very few people buy a football club looking for a profit. That's why the old adage "the best way to become a millionaire is by being a billionaire and then buying a football club" exists in the first place.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

51 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

We would be relegated for sure. We'll have an attendence of around 16,000 and no players of championship quality. Last season was all about sticking it to the EFL but next season on -15 points, it will be down to the new owner. No group of players will put in 100% every week when it's the owners fault and the fans will throw the towel in also.

But the "bring Mike Ashley in" brigade don't see it.

15 points deduction next season will mean League Two the following season.

It's not about the MA brigade, those who support him recognise he's the person with deeper pockets at present.

One of the remaining few who might save the club.

There's zero reason for ma to buy the club and not invest, why would someone with his understanding of the dynamics of football ownership, want a club that's destined to be in League Two, unless there's investment.

Ma will want to get the best deal possible for the club, but he will also understand that if he fails to pay the creditors the minimum amount, the club will get a -15 point deduction plus being unlikely to be able to invest in new players for an already decimated team.

During the years ma owned Newcastle, they stayed in the Premier league as lots of teams did not.

He invested a vast fortune, into Newcastle but he realised he couldn't compete with the likes of man utd, Chelsea, arsenal, Tottenham, man city, Liverpool and Tottenham.

Not that spending a lot always helps, Everton have spent a lot but haven't performed as well as I think they would've liked.

Other potential investors concern me, since the likes of Andy Appleby didn't manage to raise the capital to cover the minimum amount for creditors in order to stop a -15 point deduction being applied to the club.

It does appear that no one has made an offer at the minimum amount that Q requires to sell the offer to the creditors.

4 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Man claims to have sent money. Money doesn't arrive.

Man claims money has been sent but the delay is anti money laundering check.

Money never does arrive.

Logically there are two options.

A, it was never sent.

B, it failed the anti money laundering check.

Whichever was the case, was that really someone we wanted owning our club?

Have to say that I was taken in hook, line and sinker. It was only the words 'Bank Holidays' when the alarm bells started to ring. ?

2 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

-15 points kills the season for me. We desperately need a rebuild at all playing levels and even if saved would be subject to significant restrictions based on business plan and P&L. A points deduction makes another relegation a very real threat.

I'm utterly sick of this club getting a kicking. Another points deduction would IMHO be a hammer blow for morale for players and fans alike.

It would be horrible.  The club starting in East Midlands League Division 6 next season, or whatever it would be called, would be somewhat worse.

15 points is five wins.  Five.  Or fifteen years getting back to LG2, with a good tailwind.  

Only thing to remember with Mike Ashley is we'll be run how Newcastle were run, not occupying the league positions Newcastle occupied (in my mystical crystal ball). He may have deep enough pockets, especially in league 1, but yes as tight fisted as they come as well.

If it's that or death, then fill my giant sports direct mug. We're not in a good place to be.

Just don't expect me to like the guy.

17 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

It would be horrible.  The club starting in East Midlands League Division 6 next season, or whatever it would be called, would be somewhat worse.

15 points is five wins.  Five.  Or fifteen years getting back to LG2, with a good tailwind.  

If there is absolutely no other choice then obviously that is what will have to happen and we will appreciate having a club to support. However I believe the club will be saved, it's just a case of what state it will be in. We cannot go into next season with yet another points penalty, Rooney would probably leave and we'd be left with a rubbish squad. There must be another option.

6 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Yeah, I get that. 5 doesn't seem like that much but even if we started reasonably well with a hurriedly assembled team and get say 4 wins, 3 draws and just 2 defeats in 10 we'd be 10 games in and still on zero points. We cannot reasonably expect this paper-thin squad of old pros and young lads to tear it up. I get that it is a division down but we will be weaker too. Sure relegation is not a certainty with -15 points but it's a hell of a handicap. For all our teams heroics last year, if you add 21 points back on it was still only 17th.

I just think that players and fans alike have had a belly full of points deductions and handicaps. We survived on anger and indignation last year due to dubiously justified punishments. I just don't think we can expect the same when the punishment is laid out for all to see in advance but our would-be owners seemed to be headed in that direction anyway. Maybe someone will surprise me and find a load of extra cash but I'm not holding my breath. ☹️

42 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Have to say that I was taken in hook, line and sinker. It was only the words 'Bank Holidays' when the alarm bells started to ring. ?

So was I and I was holding the weight when swinging the lead, The bank holidays never crossed my mind, Plan "B" never crossed my mind, Panic on here never crossed my mind, I smelled a Rat when it was officially announced the yank had withdrawn his offer

The Mike Ashley brigade remind me of a young Stive - going to a night club hoping to pull

Dancing with a few nice-looking girls, who inevitably lose interest and cop off with someone much more handsome/rich/funny than me

At which point, around 2:30am, I look to see who is left - and it's slim pickings I'm afraid. Just that one girl, who every one knows is bad news, but is guaranteed to give you a knee trembler in the Blacksmith's Yard if you let her know you're up for it.

You wouldn't ever want a serious relationship with her, but hey  - it's now 2:45am. They are kicking out. It's getting desperate

10 minutes later, you're down the alleyway. As you achieve your goal - you look down at her....she looks up at you...

you say, tenderly but with a hint of regret...

"has anyone ever told you that you look a bit like that Mike Ashley, love?"