The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, one_chop said:

Has nobody stopped to think he might have desperately needed the toilet ?. I don't think they have lavatories scattered around a golf course and he could hardly dig an hole in a bunker and squat down.  

I wouldn't stop to talk if I was in a rush to go. 

Yeah I guess he needed to empty all the poop coming out of his mouth ?

Edited by SouthStandDan

5 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

If,and it's a big if, CK does do the business and becomes the owner ( I very much no doubt it) he will need to build bridges to win back a lot of his dissenters in this club. I think he will walk away as he has supremely underestimated the feeling of what this club means to us. Stating he was taking over the running of the club at the end of May and appearing that this has not happened has alarm bells ringing all over the place. The recent video has added to his dissenters. What with wages being paid by 'someone within the club' - Rooney? - I can only pray that we have a club to support. Also bollocks to all those rival fans laughing at our demise! They will be next if there is a thing such as Karma! 

I don't think he will have to try to hard. 

When he has spoken he's said all the right things. The current silence and the video of him walking off the golf course will soon be forgotten if the deal is completed. 

Just now, one_chop said:

Has nobody stopped to think he might have desperately needed the toilet ?. I don't think they have lavatories scattered around a golf course and he could hardly dig an hole in a bunker and squat down.  

I wouldn't stop to talk if I was in a rush to go. 

Changed your tune. We zig, you zag, eh?

zzzzz

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Radio Derby derives its funding from the licence fee. They have no need for clickbait, etc as their funding is not derived from advertisements or number of listeners.

Ed may very well have reported something incorrectly, but it wont have been with the intention of sowing panic. He gains nothing from that

Nothing to gain and also quite a bit to lose. Ed is a journalist. As such he'd be concerned about reptuational damage for both himself and Radio Derby if he's called this completely wrong. Suggests he's pretty confident in his sources and has done his research.

4 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

He was at the least preparing a bid. Before Quantuma started ignoring him and then effectively telling him to 'go away'.

Wasn't Mike Ashley's advisor/accountant or someone like that on sky sports news a while back saying they had bid but quantuma were just ignoring them. 

Local radio commentator says DCFC purchase looks to be collapsing...Some Derby supporters go into panic mode

Media asks CK questions concerning his purchase of DCFC the video shows him walking away with a comment "It'll all come out soon"

Now all of a sudden the saviour is the villain without any sort of evidence.

Holy shyte!

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

Are we thinking the source for Ed Dawes might've been asked by the Ashley team to shake things up a bit and see what happens?

Possible. I doubt it'd be directly though - more likely a person involved in the deal has had Ashley in their ear saying "CKs got no money, Mike'll get you paid,stop waiting, pull the plug"

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Radio Derby derives its funding from the licence fee. They have no need for clickbait, etc as their funding is not derived from advertisements or number of listeners.

Ed may very well have reported something incorrectly, but it wont have been with the intention of sowing panic. He gains nothing from that

Eh. Maybe we disagree a wee bit here. Perhaps the funding is mostly derived from licensing…but you get licensing /funding from having a popular program.

A public figure saying something deliberately provocative- has immense value for the individual and the employer…especially if that employer is a radio station. 

Ed has every reason to be a Provacetuer, and drive people to click his profiles, which are also linked to Radio Derby 

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Local radio commentator says DCFC purchase looks to be collapsing...Some Derby supporters go into panic mode

Media asks CK questions concerning his purchase of DCFC the video shows him walking away with a comment "It'll all come out soon"

Now all of a sudden the saviour is the villain without any sort of evidence.

Holy shyte!

Amazing, isn't it?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

£20m is not an unrealistic amount for the ground.

The amount for the creditors is already defined if we want to avoid a points deduction.

Ashley just wants us on the cheap. 

£20m will seem like a good deal when we get liquidated and the creditors get next to nothing

Does anyone know if there were other reporters about to suggest the deal was in trouble before Ed Dawes on Radio Derby or is this a case of everyone jumping on the back of his story? I know if I was CK and my big profile deal was about to spectacularly implode I would not be in the UK today - anyone watching his plane?

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. So if you had the choice you'd choose liquidation? ? BTW Appleby has also been mentioned... 

...but I don't have a choice, it's a moot point. Seemingly you don't get it either. 

Without wanting to sound crass, having Ashley in charge is akin to living with a debilitating illness. You can pray to god every day that the pain will end but realistically the only solution is either a miracle cure, or....  Just because the pain is unbearable doesn't mean you'd literally prefer to not to be around anymore, but in that situation many people do start to feel like that. 

In football terms we do have a choice actually, we can choose not to support the club while someone is associated with it. Some will take that option after a few years of being put at the bottom of Mike Ashley's list of priorities. 

Appleby previously seems to have failed to get enough investors to commit to the deal, if he's finally got some proper backing now then great, brilliant, can't wait. He'd almost certainly take more care of the club than Ashley.

At present though he's just another one who's sat in the background making the occasional noise about being interested, but noises are no good to anyone at this stage. We need action, offers, intent.