The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

As i put in my ealier post about giving football after 55  years am pleased to announce its all off now.?

Regardless of the outcome of our plight, a huge part of my love of football has died over the last 2 years. Its really highlighted that its just one big dick swinging competition for rich men that don't give a flying duck about the lifeblood of the game.

I'm feeling grateful this morning but will forever be angry at how we have been treated over the last 2 years.

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Bloody hell I do not want to go through this again. This has been detrimental to my marriage so I hope for my wife’s sake this gets done and we can start to move forward. I’ve also fallen short of the standards of a good father through this - all because of football. But as I told my wife yesterday, I’ve invested 30+ years of emotion and money (well my dad did until I was 16) in this football club. Beyond family and friends this club is my life, it’s even more important than some friends!! 

Maybe over optimistic on the stadium given what we’ve been through. I can understand some skepticism but I don’t think this will be an issue, any transaction to do with the stadium was never going to be completed now so would always have to be a condition. He’s taking over funding. That’s massive.

I waivered slightly last night telling @StrawHillRamto duck off, thankfully he saw the funny side but I wanted to reserve comment until the day was done and didn’t go into meltdown like some although I went to bed thoroughly depressed and pissed off. Now I can say:

DUCKING GET IN!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYOOOOOOOUUUUUUU RRRRRAAAAAMMMMSSSSS ??????????????????????????

Sorry if I caused you to be down. I’ve been up and down like a yo yo too. And glad that we are close to having a proper owner.

Long live the Rams

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Bless you. Nice glass of dry white or two might prove a pleasant aid to sleep. I've cracked a bottle of Macallan I've been saving and have just messaged my business partner to tell him not to expect to see for a day or two. He's American and was warned this might be the case if his compatriot got this deal to the line ?

As for the doom-merchants, suspect they'll be rather less chippy moving forwards, unless of course it all goes horribly wrong, in which case they'll flood back in to tell us they knew it would all along. Unlikely now though and based on the last 72 hours, there's going to be a good few stuck on ignore lists, I reckon. There'll be tough times ahead as we stabilise and build for the future and we want the type of fans whose faith and support is unshakeable right now, not the whiny 'I told you so's' who bring nothing but mealy-mouthed misery to the table and have shown CK little to no faith at all.

Ah well, it sounds like everything should be fully sorted by this time nest week and that's music to my ears. All the other BS can go firmly on the back-burner.

#KIRCH
#DTID

I am wanting the fans to give the same support as last season, it was a joy to go to the matches. Don't want the moaners back.

Just now, Kathcairns said:

I am wanting the fans to give the same support as last season, it was a joy to go to the matches. Don't want the moaners back.

I agree. The unwavering support this season helped the team hugely and is one of the reasons we had such a good home record. League one is going to be tough and most teams very hostile to us, so it's going to need the same level of support. 

6 hours ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

On a separate note, whilst we're all full of bonhomie, let's just take a moment to salute Jake Daniels, a brave 17 year old young man, with a brilliant future in the game, who chose today to publically come out.

It shouldn't even be a thing in 2022… but Sir, I salute you.

Just watched his interview, he is abrave and lovely lad.

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Radio Derby are in full on Debbie Downer mode ?‍♂️. Ed Dawes seems convinced the stadium is going to screw everything, and they’re currently talking about if Mike Ashley will come in and save us. Baffling. 

I know! I put the breakfast show on for the first time in years to hear about the good news ?

The stadium deal was never going to complete without contracts being exchanged for the club, as the buyer needs to know that they have a sitting tenant and they're not left owning a white elephant!

The price of the stadium may well have been agreed given CK and Quantuma have now exchanged contracts.

Exchange contacts on club ->

Exchange contacts on stadium ->

Complete on club purchase ->

Complete on stadium purchase.

25 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

What great news to wake up to. Hopefully there will be no Issues and this is the start of a new beginning. 

Without being premature, I just want to say what a great place this is. Many of us have struggled throughout this but have felt comfortable enough to talk about it to people we have never met and had nothing but support and kind words in return. Derby County is a source of escape from the world for its fans and for the last few years and more so this season that has been the cause of a lot of stress and anxiety. A massive well done to all on the forum, whether it be the Mods for running it, those who have posted constant updates from other platforms, the ones who offered words of support to those who have struggled. 

Through this whole ? show one thing that has stood out is that we truly have the best fans in the land. 

Let the rebuild begin. 

????

This forum has actually been a support mechanism for many of us. Like you say, DCFC has been a part of our lives for years, and for some of us, decades. We've experienced highs. We've experienced lows. But we've always had the team there to support. We invest time, hard earned cash and emotional capital in the team. To have the threat of this all disappearing has been traumatic to say the least. So thank you to this forum's members for being there to talk things over, share experiences and to support each other. This is a wonderful football club with wonderful fans to match. We have a rich history that goes right back to the first professional league in this country. Let's now move forward and make this a defining period in Derby' history.

Come on you Rams!!!

Edited by Sheff Ram
Syntax

9 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I've regularly asked this question over the years; why would anyone other than a billionaire playboy or a super-wealthy fan buy a Championship club?

The question remains valid, although we're now a League 1 club at best. Why would you pour millions down the drain trying to build a team who might just get promotion to the Premier, but most likely will just hoover up your fortune?

I think the answer probably is that the only other realistic owner is a chancer taking a gamble. I suspect that's what Kirchner is. That's not to be too harsh on him - he's the best we can hope for and he's far better than oblivion. 

I'll take your Championship club and table  Premier League clubs, Southampton and Leicester borrow from MSD I believe monies against the next seasons season ticket sales, Burnley's owner borrowed 2x £65million for the purchase of Burnley, If relegated £65m has to be paid back pronto, Both loans were taken out on Burnley FC, There will be other clubs that go down the route of borrow now and pay later, The £4.5billion that Chelsea are being sold for beggars belief, How in the name of Jehovah did this figure come about.

Football imo is in a saloon where last orders are soon to be called, If the Euro Super League comes to fruition as I believe it aint dead just in a Coma money will flood in that direction and chicken feed will be left on the floor for others to fight over. 

11 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Sorry if I caused you to be down. I’ve been up and down like a yo yo too. And glad that we are close to having a proper owner.

Long live the Rams

? no you didn’t mate, the whole situation has been tiring for everyone. I’m usually glass half full and see the positives but it looked like nothing was going to happen last night,  I’d seen a number of posts following the Twitter meltdown and then I saw yours saying I’m over relegation and prepared myself for no club and I snapped ?

Hopefully we can now move forward with cautious optimism.

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I know! I put the breakfast show on for the first time in years to hear about the good news ?

The stadium deal was never going to complete without contracts being exchanged for the club, as the buyer needs to know that they have a sitting tenant and they're not left owning a white elephant!

The price of the stadium may well have been agreed given CK and Quantuma have now exchanged contracts.

Exchange contacts on club ->

Exchange contacts on stadium ->

Complete on club purchase ->

Complete on stadium purchase.

Bang on, exactly the way I see it. There had to have been some movement because otherwise he wouldn’t be signing contracts and taking over funding. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Great news. completion conditional on EFL approval and the sale of the stadium. I literally can’t see anything there that could potentially be a problem. 

Exactly why I’ve really not been able to let myself get excited by the news. CK will take over funding the club next week, therefore, we will see what that looks like and maybe then I’ll let myself believe the end is in site. 

Unfortunately, it has a sense of inevitability that there will be more twists and turns yet - just how many is the question!  

24 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Radio Derby are in full on Debbie Downer mode ?‍♂️. Ed Dawes seems convinced the stadium is going to screw everything, and they’re currently talking about if Mike Ashley will come in and save us. Baffling. 

Ed Dawes is a massive Bamford anyway who gives a hoot what he says or thinks.

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Regardless of the outcome of our plight, a huge part of my love of football has died over the last 2 years. Its really highlighted that its just one big dick swinging competition for rich men that don't give a flying duck about the lifeblood of the game.

I'm feeling grateful this morning but will forever be angry at how we have been treated over the last 2 years.

Agree with you on the love of football, mine has mostly gone. But the whole thing has connected me with the Rams more than ever before and made me realise how important they are to me. Priority was getting promotion to the premier league, now it’s about loving and celebrating the club sharing memories with the fan base and hopefully my next family generations, win lose or draw, whatever division we are in. Couldn’t give a duck about the soulless Premier League.

A massive weight lifted, for sure. I feel like crying. The light at the tunnel shines brighter than ever.

But tempered slightly by the conditional on the ground bit. That being said, there must have been some significant progress on this, suspect it may be a bit of a chicken/egg type scenario as to which bit gets sorted first and now the club has been sorted the stadium can't be too far behind.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Agree with you on the love of football, mine has mostly gone. But the whole thing has connected me with the Rams more than ever before and made me realise how important they are to me. Priority was getting promotion to the premier league, now it’s about loving and celebrating the club sharing memories with the fan base and hopefully my next family generations, win lose or draw, whatever division we are in. Couldn’t give a duck about the soulless Premier League.

Agreed. Created a siege mentality which I hope we take forward. I actually feel like a Liverpool fan right now, I'm going to boo the EFL flag every time I see it.