The Administration Thread

Boycie

I've not really seen anyone mention this yet but what the bloody hell have the administrators been doing throughout this process?

There seems to have been 2 major issues throughout this process and they seem to have ignored both of them.

Why on earth would you identify someone as the preferred bidder without having an agreement for the most important part of the transaction?

From the outside they've only really done one thing at any great speed during the whole process, and that was letting the EFL bend us over.

3 minutes ago, RedSox said:

But they did, though.  They told us so!  Words to the effect that the stadium would not be an issue, so how can it be??  Shambles!

They actually said that Mel said that the stadium would not be an issue. Mel has cleverly kept the stadium outside of administration.

Edited by WystonRam

22 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that all of DCFCs issues are affecting peoples well being.

I'll put up a cheery Meikle update during today. He's with me for a week on the jurassic coast after recovering from his surgery and having a blast. 

I enjoy the humour and amusing gifs /quips on here so keep those coming all, and let's be mindful of our fellows. 

Love to all Rams x?

Thanks Van!

Don't let Meikle try eating any dinosaur bones.

Not too good for a doggy's digestion I reckon.

8 minutes ago, RedSox said:

But they did, though.  They told us so!  Words to the effect that the stadium would not be an issue, so how can it be??  Shambles!

In fairness, I would not have expected the PB to be someone who didn't want to buy the stadium. In a way that should make it easier, but the real problem is the ticking clock and if Morris has to sell the stadium to make things happen , someone needs to get their skates on. 

1 hour ago, RedSox said:

They said they had an agreement with Morris that the stadium wouldn't be an obstacle. It seems they left out the bit about the price had to be Morris choice and his alone though. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've not really seen anyone mention this yet but what the bloody hell have the administrators been doing throughout this process?

There seems to have been 2 major issues throughout this process and they seem to have ignored both of them.

Why on earth would you identify someone as the preferred bidder without having an agreement for the most important part of the transaction?

From the outside they've only really done one thing at any great speed during the whole process, and that was letting the EFL bend us over.

Are the administrators accountable to anybody? On the face of it they do seem to be getting a very large sum of money for achieving very little. Appointed by MM accountable to MM?

12 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Stating the obvious there aren’t you buddy? Every Derby fan would make the same choice (apart from Mel of course if he still considers himself a fan).

Sometimes, the obvious needs stating.

Hard to keep up with the forum, but my reading is Kirchner doesn't have the money and his plan was for Mel to pay off MSD and gift him the stadium. Or, failing that, for Mel to pay off MSD and the Council to buy the stadium in order to lease it to us. Neither seems very likely. There seem an awful lot of questions and some will likely have been covered in the previous ~1500 pages, but can someone summarize:

1) Where does Moor Farm fit into all of this? Isn't there also separate ownership and a "charge" against that?

2) Who is now funding the club? Are Quantuma borrowing more money from MSD to pay the players, or do we miraculously have income from elsewhere, or will we see our suspended points deduction enacted by the EFL as we default on salaries? 

3) Presumably Kirchner's preferred bidder status has now officially lapsed. Where does that leave us? [Given there was seemingly no plan for the stadium you'd guess Kirchner's was the only actual bid, and the Admins took it in hope?]

4) If the Admins default on the debt to MSD (as there seems no means we can't pay it) does that mean Mel is forced to pay them off instead, or else he loses his shiny stadium?

Cheers!

Romano normally knows his stuff with transfers, looks like a decision with short term solutions in mind, let’s hope it helps the club survive and we don’t miss out an a massive pay day in the future if the lad moves on from Liverpool

Just spotted @Animal is a Ram shared this in the transfer forum too, not sure if a mod wants/needs to move it? It is still relevant to the admin situation due to the funding element

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Potential duplicate post, sorry!

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Romano normally knows his stuff with transfers, looks like a decision with short term solutions in mind, let’s hope it helps the club survive and we don’t miss out an a massive pay day in the future if the lad moves on from Liverpool

Imagine if we could just get the takeover/stadium stuff sorted and not do this. If he goes onto reach the level he has been touted to do then he could be a £100m player and we'd be able to buy the stadium back on that alone. I know this is a stratch, but it's hypothetically possible and here we are, accepting an extra £500k to keep the lights on for a few more weeks, if that...

3 minutes ago, roboto said:

Imagine if we could just get the takeover/stadium stuff sorted and not do this. If he goes onto reach the level he has been touted to do then he could be a £100m player and we'd be able to buy the stadium back on that alone. I know this is a stratch, but it's hypothetically possible and here we are, accepting an extra £500k to keep the lights on for a few more weeks, if that...

I know, it’s rubbish the talent we’ve lost for relative small change in a footballing sense the last few years and now because of this dumpster fire continuing to burn we’re losing out on the future security built in to some of those deals. However, it is the reality of our situation and it seems for now this is what has to be done to keep the club going ? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

7 minutes ago, roboto said:

Angers me - we're being taken to the cleaners every which way, especially where top PL clubs are concerned where £500k is only slightly more than what they're paying Mo Salah each week. I do think £100m is a stretch, but even if it were only £20m in a couple of years or so, you're looking at £4m, which I reckon is realistic.  Shows how dire and desperate our situation is.  

20 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just spotted @Animal is a Ram shared this in the transfer forum too, not sure if a mod wants/needs to move it? It is still relevant to the admin situation due to the funding element

I have no doubts that this is Liverpool taking advantage of the situation and expect us to thank them for them for doing it.