The Administration Thread

Boycie

not sure why this made me laugh so much

https://www.dcfcmegastore.co.uk/en/derby-county-sympathy-card/p-2379660785379264+z-977-1016977455?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r11c2:po-35

Please tell me someone on this forum received one from Forest fan?

I think we should buy some to send to F*rest fans when they balls up in the play-offs!

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Same team that has in essence come 17th in the Championship? 

The team this season would easily win League One especially with Rooney and essentially without proper strikers (Excluding Plange).

The issue for next season is the fact that the most reliable goalscorer is likely not to be with us. So the goals we are trying to replace is a huge task.

The thing that concerns me, is that this season (like a lot of recent seasons), we've generally done well against the teams that have tried to play decent football against us (Fulham, Bournemouth and so on) and we've struggled against the cloggers that have tried to kick us, stop us playing and out-muscle us.  League 1 is going to be almost entirely filled with cloggers, especially when they play against us. Very few teams are going to rock up at Pride Park and try and out-play us.  They'll want to make it difficult for us on their big day out etc.

So assuming we carry on trying to play decent football (and if Rooney is here, I'd be amazed if we don't), the question is, are we going to be good enough to out-football the League 1 cloggers?

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Same team that has in essence come 17th in the Championship? 

The team this season would easily win League One especially with Rooney and essentially without proper strikers (Excluding Plange).

The issue for next season is the fact that the most reliable goalscorer is likely not to be with us. So the goals we are trying to replace is a huge task.

I doubt this team would win league 1 easily. Lack of depth and injuries -and look at the away record. Every team challenging at the top of league 1 has a good goal scorer - scorer of 15 goals or more. Derby just doesn’t have this. I would think this team would put up a good fight but I think more depth and a striker will be needed to cope in that league. And yet we will lose a lot of players.... 

16 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The thing that concerns me, is that this season (like a lot of recent seasons), we've generally done well against the teams that have tried to play decent football against us (Fulham, Bournemouth and so on) and we've struggled against the cloggers that have tried to kick us, stop us playing and out-muscle us.  League 1 is going to be almost entirely filled with cloggers, especially when they play against us. Very few teams are going to rock up at Pride Park and try and out-play us.  They'll want to make it difficult for us on their big day out etc.

So assuming we carry on trying to play decent football (and if Rooney is here, I'd be amazed if we don't), the question is, are we going to be good enough to out-football the League 1 cloggers?

Rooney made quite clear to me he is not going know were he wants to finnish what he has started I think he will consider job done and were back were we belong premiership.

8 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I don’t think this seasons squad would get promoted. Think they would finish top half though. Away form embarrassing and lack of goals. Solid defence though and promising youth players. Need at least one in form striker to get promoted from league 1. 

The squad we've had this season has gained more points than all three of the teams promoted from League 1 last season. All three of those strengthened in the summer. 
Unless L1 got a lot tougher this season, our 21/22 squad would almost certainly gain promotion from L1 next season too.

3 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Depends who is in our team and currently we have no idea who we will have 

3 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I kind of share that fear but at the same time our “kids” are young enough and talented enough to learn. If the quality of football is good enough it will beat cloggers over a run of games. What gives me hope is our 17/18/19/20 year old players started a season ago as hugely green but we have seen them grow .. they aren’t rabbits in head lights anymore. The curve of their learning is still upwards. Individual performances 1 v 1 improve game by game. If we were going down with late 20’s journeymen we might suffer but my hope is that there is potential still to be unlocked. 

If the CK takeover happens and Rooney stays on then I see absolutely no reason why top 6 next season shouldn’t be a realistic expectation, it could even be a whole lot better. That’s not underestimating the league that’s Rooney knowing exactly what we need to be a competitive team and keeping the majority of this current group together. If CK doesn’t happen and Rooney goes then while I remain confident the clubs future will be secured as I think Mr Ashley would come to the table, the delays and uncertainty and maybe even further points deductions would mean we’d be playing catch-up and the season could be another relegation battle.

Also, fact we’ve not heard anything and EFL have confirmed they are still doing their due diligence, says to me they haven’t found any gremlins so far in CK’s bid, if they had then Percy or Nixon would have gone to press with it.

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Also, fact we’ve not heard anything and EFL have confirmed they are still doing their due diligence, says to me they haven’t found any gremlins so far in CK’s bid, if they had then Percy or Nixon would have gone to press with it.

Exactly this. After all the negative headlines over the last couple of years, no news is surely good news. The press won't want to do a positive story on us, so without any negatives, they have nothing to report.

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Another non-committal response from the EFL. Roughly translated it reads to me as " As of yet we haven't found anything in the business plan to scupper this deal. However we are working diligently to achieve this and will take great delight in informing everyone as soon as we do."

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If the CK takeover happens and Rooney stays on then I see absolutely no reason why top 6 next season shouldn’t be a realistic expectation, it could even be a whole lot better. That’s not underestimating the league that’s Rooney knowing exactly what we need to be a competitive team and keeping the majority of this current group together. If CK doesn’t happen and Rooney goes then while I remain confident the clubs future will be secured as I think Mr Ashley would come to the table, the delays and uncertainty and maybe even further points deductions would mean we’d be playing catch-up and the season could be another relegation battle.

A worrying thing is 4 go down in league 1 so a points deduction is especially concerning if it happens. Hopefully CK takes over and no points deducted