The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

No one will pay the money to avoid the deduction, so it's this season or next - if we are to survive.

But I remember the fun in the third tier last time. You'll enjoy going to grounds you've not been to before.

With Kirchner as owner, I think Rooney will stay as manager, well be able to keep many of the players, get others. 

Just think: a clean slate, we'll be competing at the top of the league instead of fighting for survival.

The impetus will see us storm the championship the following season, successive promotions.

Believe. COYR ?

Well like said posts above but I rather stick two fingers at efl. What they have done and gibson too.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

And what if Reading lose.

There would be nothing worse than getting another 15 taken off now, to play out the remainder of the season and find that we would have stayed up. Yes of course it's great that the future of the club is secured but it would still be devastating to get relegated and nothing will change that feeling. I sincerely hope that the reports about a further deduction are not true. Just let us dream for a few more weeks at least.

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

There would be nothing worse than getting another 15 taken off now, to play out the remainder of the season and find that we would have stayed up. Yes of course it's great that the future of the club is secured but it would still be devastating to get relegated and nothing will change that feeling. I sincerely hope that the reports about a further deduction are not true. Just let us dream for a few more weeks at least.

Nothing worse? Surely you can't mean that.

I think it’ll be out our hands when the points come into place. Surely there will be a procedure that states a cut off etc?

either way, if the solution is a points deduction I’m 100% certain it will b better to take it now. 

even if we ‘would’ have stayed up because we get these 6 points back… surely starting with a clean slate in league 1 is better than -15 in the championship and having this mentally draining ‘fight till the end’ season AGAIN. 

Take the points, take heart from how close we ran it and use that to start a new winning mentality and build a squad with Rooneys vision for going up back to back! 

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones   WFTTE

48 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

There is a very slim chance we would stay up B4, very slim indeed if Reading win tomorrow. If we can have the ownership resolved and start afresh next season on 0 points in League 1 that would be fine by me….

Will it be one of those scenarios of 'you wouldn't have stayed up anyway with the 15 points so we deduct them next season' like Wigan had and had to get 61 points to avoid it. Not sure.  We've lost that many points I'm losing the plot 

I would still have plenty of concerns about Kirchner, but there are still a lot of positives about him.

He’s shown he’s been interested in the Club for a while, and not necessarily one who is waiting for the Club to rot down to its lowest possible value for jumping in.

More importantly, it would also massively increase the chances of Rooney staying on into next season. He’s done more than enough to deserve the opportunity to actually build a team unrestricted. The loyalty and commitment he’s shown us needs to be repaid, it would be a shame for his entire time with us (post-playing career) to be during turmoil.

5 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

The worry is that he’s just spent 3 months stringing Preston along before pulling out. If he does that to us, we’re dead.

Maybe he worked out that Preston had not many fans and it looked like a costly endeavour just to keep them average - who knows