The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It was just under £8.4m. Some of Bielik's paid off. Jozwiak's may not even count as a football debt due to being outside of England.

Debatable whether this is a football debt either

Listed as an unsecured creditor. Total was about £1m.

Never mentioed in the administrators' report. Already paid off.

Well that definitely reads better.

I do believe Agents Fees are football debts so I guess £6m max?

10 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Well that definitely reads better.

I do believe Agents Fees are football debts so I guess £6m max?

You are assuming that these haven’t been paid. But if they are football creditors Efl has been withholding sky tv money to ensure they are paid. My estimate was around £4m outstanding now but I hadn’t seen our resident expert GOC’s reply which I think also rebuts your claim that we owe £10m to £15 m to football creditors. £6 m would still seem a high estimate to me. 

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I wouldn't worry about the administrators bill.  Once the creditors start complaining about a company liquidating that had a 28 million fund to spread around and it wasn't taken up, they'll be owing money of their own.  

This might be the right result but can’t see creditors throwing good money after bad in legal fees   But if MM is contributing to avoid loss of golden share etc he’ll surely  be seeing to it that Q’s fee reflects the result 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You are assuming that these haven’t been paid. But if they are football creditors Efl has been withholding sky tv money to ensure they are paid. My estimate was around £4m outstanding now but I hadn’t seen our resident expert GOC’s reply which I think also rebuts your claim that we owe £10m to £15 m to football creditors. £6 m would still seem a high estimate to me. 

It also doesn’t mean it all has to be paid off straight away. If we are up to date with instalments then the outstanding instalments will transfer to the new owner who will be expected to pay them when they are due. 

We all slam Nixon - probably rightly so - but even if his last "report" was merely a guess, it's a pretty fair and obvious assumption.

The bids received by the Administrators are not enough to pay the creditors a sufficient amount and, as a side effect, avoid the further 15 point deduction.

("side effect" because the Administrators primary duty is to the creditors, just be nice to secure the football club the best deal aswell)

So, the Administrators are holding out for as long as possible - in the hope that those bidding increase their bids above the set threshold, perhaps by trying to outbid one another, if there really are multiple bids.

They will leave this as late as possible before, finally, accepting whatever is the best bid - regardless of absolute value, points deductions and other consequences - so that a full takeover can be timetabled to happen before the money does run out.

If Quantuma are following their own timeline (big if) then I would be shocked if we heard anything before Friday at the earliest.

They SHOULD be into a complicated and delicate, and incredibly important phase of all this now, getting the package clear to take to the EFL for approval. Why on earth would they make any public statement at this point?

EFL board meetings are on Thursday. IF Quantuma have done what they said they would, I think we will hear things Thursday PM/Friday, with official confirmation from Quantuma and the preferred bidder by Weds 6th at latest. For now we need to be patient, still.

If that doesn't happen, then yes, clearly the club doesnt have enough value to meet admin exit requirements and we can start the hysterical panic we are very good at!

4 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

If Quantuma are following their own timeline (big if) then I would be shocked if we heard anything before Friday at the earliest.

They SHOULD be into a complicated and delicate, and incredibly important phase of all this now, getting the package clear to take to the EFL for approval. Why on earth would they make any public statement at this point?

EFL board meetings are on Thursday. IF Quantuma have done what they said they would, I think we will hear things Thursday PM/Friday, with official confirmation from Quantuma and the preferred bidder by Weds 6th at latest. For now we need to be patient, still.

If that doesn't happen, then yes, clearly the club doesnt have enough value to meet admin exit requirements and we can start the hysterical panic we are very good at!

Expect to start hearing the usual jungle drums beating their rhythm of doom at about 6pm on Thursday. That gives the EFL Board members enough time to have had a pee following the four-hour round-the-table chinwag and get on the phone to Mr Nixon.

3 minutes ago, RamBeauIV said:

Nice to see MM playing hardball with the bidders:

Derby County: Frustrated buyers say £22M price tag for Pride Park forced cost of deal above £50M | Daily Mail Online

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10657199/Derby-County-Frustrated-buyers-say-22M-price-tag-Pride-Park-forced-cost-deal-50M.html

About time more is done to push this into the news one protest walk wasn’t enough, other clubs have gone further to save their club 

11 minutes ago, RamBeauIV said:

Nice to see MM playing hardball with the bidders:

Derby County: Frustrated buyers say £22M price tag for Pride Park forced cost of deal above £50M | Daily Mail Online

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10657199/Derby-County-Frustrated-buyers-say-22M-price-tag-Pride-Park-forced-cost-deal-50M.html

Morris has to be realistic. Regardless of the stadium’s value, he has put the club in administration and the club has accumulated massive debt Under his tenure. It will probably get to the stage where he has no choice but to take a bigger hit on the stadium value to save the club from liquidation. 

Some frustrating factors at play here

1. The real estate value of the stadium is fixed, regardless of what league the team are in

2. MM owes MSD a $20m loan, guaranteed against the stadium, so he's not going to sell it for less than that

So I don't see where these "negotiations" have left to go. 

On the one side, why would a bidder pay over the odds when it leaves them in a starting position that they don't consider financially viable?

And on the other - why would Mel sell the stadium at  a loss?

image.png.859fedd4fd916a796a910bbea0af95c6.png

At the end of the day 50m is too much for a League one club with a load of debt and hardly any assets. The bidders might just wait to see for certain what divison we'll be in. If we do the miraculous and stay up then they will pay it. If we go down then Mel needs to accept less for the stadium otherwise I can't see a deal being done. I think the bidders are trying hard to make sure we don't receive a -15 penalty next season as that would be another huge blow. Mel needs to do the decent thing now and just gift the stadium back to the club. That way, this situation is solved.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Mel needs to do the decent thing now and just gift the stadium back to the club. That way, this situation is solved.

But he wouldn't be gifting it to 'the club'; he'd be gifting it to the shareholders who will own the club and who could easily be flipping it again in a couple of years for millions of profit.

If he wanted to be philanthropic, he'd be better gifting it to a community trust - a bit like the Chelsea Pitch Owners set-up.