The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I still think my finest was a sketch where a certain rotund Forest pundit called Benny Kurns had a bank using Crocodile clips and a selfie stick.  

Happy days.

Was just about to go to sleep. Now I’m scared to close my eyes in case that image pops into my head. 

Thanks, mate. 

I must say that this wait isn't helping anyone and just increasing any anger felt towards Q and any potential new owners.

If this drags on untill after the end of the season and most of our team and youth walk out the door for £0 and we forced to find potentially 30+ players in a very short window. That creates a level of chaos that's hard for any club to deal with, imagine being 3 months late planning pre season then having to do it while trying to find and buy 30+ players under a strict budget and EFL oversight.

Then there is the probable 15 point penalty......I remember reading that no one in league history has survived a 12 point penalty never mind 15 or 21 points. So surviving 15 would still be a miracle season.

Any new owner who is ok with allowing the club to fall apart to the point that even surviving in league 1 could be very very difficult is not the ideal person I'd want for the club. I know we can't be choosy and at least having DCFC is better than oblivion but it's hard to swallow how bad of a position we could be in if this drags on.

I hope that it can be done and the youth can be retained and we can build up from them. 

18 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

I must say that this wait isn't helping anyone and just increasing any anger felt towards Q and any potential new owners.

If this drags on untill after the end of the season and most of our team and youth walk out the door for £0 and we forced to find potentially 30+ players in a very short window. That creates a level of chaos that's hard for any club to deal with, imagine being 3 months late planning pre season then having to do it while trying to find and buy 30+ players under a strict budget and EFL oversight.

Then there is the probable 15 point penalty......I remember reading that no one in league history has survived a 12 point penalty never mind 15 or 21 points. So surviving 15 would still be a miracle season.

Any new owner who is ok with allowing the club to fall apart to the point that even surviving in league 1 could be very very difficult is not the ideal person I'd want for the club. I know we can't be choosy and at least having DCFC is better than oblivion but it's hard to swallow how bad of a position we could be in if this drags on.

I hope that it can be done and the youth can be retained and we can build up from them. 

Dirty Leeds survived a big points penalty the year after they got relegated having previously gone  into admin . In fact I think they even got into the play offs . 

I think the delays whatever is causing them are providing costly. And it maybe that the new owners will come from outside the names mentioned. 

I read about frustration at not getting things done but if the two bidders are offering less than is needed to meet the requirements of the EFL and creditors then I don’t see what else can be done.

I’m sure Quantuma will want to avoid a points deduction situation.

I also don’t want a Derby County that is despised for not paying its bills, especially to smaller businesses.

It’s enormously vexing day after day to come on here to no news, particularly as the resolution of the Middlesbrough situation was seen as a turning point.

I think it has affected the players and the fans that were packing Pride Park now show signs of resignation.

I think the takeover will be at the end of the season as many predicted it would be.

DCFC will survive but there are more tough days ahead.

32 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I read about frustration at not getting things done but if the two bidders are offering less than is needed to meet the requirements of the EFL and creditors then I don’t see what else can be done.

I’m sure Quantuma will want to avoid a points deduction situation.

I also don’t want a Derby County that is despised for not paying its bills, especially to smaller businesses.

It’s enormously vexing day after day to come on here to no news, particularly as the resolution of the Middlesbrough situation was seen as a turning point.

I think it has affected the players and the fans that were packing Pride Park now show signs of resignation.

I think the takeover will be at the end of the season as many predicted it would be.

DCFC will survive but there are more tough days ahead.

We’re already despised for not paying our bills, even if a buyer came in now and cleared our debts completely there would still be the perception that we don’t pay our bills, and other fans will use that as another stick to abuse us with, whether we like it or not, that’s what MM’s done to us. 

Edited by curb

53 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Harry Redknapp must have been licking his lips when he heard Wayne say he will need 40 new players for next season. Could I suggest that during the international break Rooney and Rosenior should do some scouting at div 1 and 2 games . There will be some gems out there.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Some of the comments about Quantuma are getting dangerously close to litigation territory.

Unless you have evidence to back up your claims, stop making them.

Q has put the evidence on the record.  It’s a litany of over optimistic rhetoric and missed deadlines. They are a small vessel without a rudder in the roaring forties. Fans don’t expect 20:20  foresight but they have been made to watch highly paid professionals playing stick the tail on the giant donkey  

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

Some of the comments about Quantuma are getting dangerously close to litigation territory.

I am loath to criticise Quantuma leave alone indulge in anything worse. But I will say two things. First Q has not managed expectations at all well. And if we do end up with further points penalties that also reflects badly on their decsion to accept the 21 point deduction.. which they had said was supposedly to bring clarity to our position with EFL and to avoid future points penalties. 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I am loath to criticise Quantuma leave alone indulge in anything worse. But I will say two things. First Q has not managed expectations at all well. And if we do end up with further points penalties that also reflects badly on their decsion to accept the 21 point deduction.. which they had said was supposedly to bring clarity to our position with EFL and to avoid future points penalties. 

I'm not sure you can really connect the previous points deductions with any future deductions (for the 25% creditor thing anyway).  The clarity regarding future deductions was specifically to avoid failing future FFP periods with the restated amortization applied etc.   The 15 point penalty for not paying creditors is a completely separate thing, and basically an automatic process.  I'm not even sure there was any way that Quantuma could have negotiated it away.  And whether it it happens is largely out of their hands - either a bidder is prepared to pay the 25% or they aren't, Quantuma can't force them to.

Obviously with hindsight, it might have been wise to fight the previous penalties a bit harder, knowing that we ended up getting delayed by the 'Boro thing and whatever else. But at the time, you can certainly understand why getting it sorted and pushing for a quick sale seemed the right strategy.

51 minutes ago, angieram said:

Look forward to Q trying to sue 30,000 people. At the pace they work it’ll be our great great grandkids that get the sentence.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Dirty Leeds survived a big points penalty the year after they got relegated having previously gone  into admin . In fact I think they even got into the play offs . 

I think the delays whatever is causing them are providing costly. And it maybe that the new owners will come from outside the names mentioned. 

Talking to a Sheff Weds mate a couple of days ago - this season they were forced to have a clear out and have assembled a team of young players, some experience (keeping Bannan was massive) but, as he put it, a bit of a rag tag bunch. And they look set for play offs. So there's hope!!

51 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Just one minor point of order, I wouldn't want anyone on this forum being accused of exaggeration (as if). Q only decided to accept a 9 points deduction. They had no influence over the first 12.

Edited by Tamworthram

40 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm not sure you can really connect the previous points deductions with any future deductions (for the 25% creditor thing anyway).  The clarity regarding future deductions was specifically to avoid failing future FFP periods with the restated amortization applied etc.   The 15 point penalty for not paying creditors is a completely separate thing, and basically an automatic process.  I'm not even sure there was any way that Quantuma could have negotiated it away.  And whether it it happens is largely out of their hands - either a bidder is prepared to pay the 25% or they aren't, Quantuma can't force them to.

Obviously with hindsight, it might have been wise to fight the previous penalties a bit harder, knowing that we ended up getting delayed by the 'Boro thing and whatever else. But at the time, you can certainly understand why getting it sorted and pushing for a quick sale seemed the right strategy.

Maybe. Not sure 15 point deduction is automatic. Hope we don’t qualify for it anyway but we will see.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Just one minor point of order, I wouldn't want anyone on this forum of exaggeration (as if). Q only decided to accept a 9 points deduction. They had no influence over the first 12.

They could have continued with the force majeure appeal, as Wigan (who had less merit to their claim imo) did. 

This is what we are up against. 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

22h

Bury couldn’t play anywhere at the time … no money. Macclesfield were out of the EFL when they went pop.

Quote Tweet

Luke

@lukerichards101

· 22h

Replying to @reluctantnicko

Why should they be allowed into League two when bury and Macclesfield were dumped into non League?

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

22h

There’s a process if it happens … could get allowed into League Two … depends exactly WHEN it happens though. If it happens.

Quote Tweet