The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

To be fair I think a lot of his views were either for effect or absolutely bizarre. Without going into detail he had some strange points of view.

I have never blocked anyone,  but he was the closest I got...seemed deliberately antagonistic and contrary in a way that didn't have that edge of humour that softens a few others that take that path...naming no names!

7 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Panicked when I hadn’t been on all day and saw 20 off new pages to go through… only to see it’s been turned into a Knock off Jeremy Kyle thread.

#teamdavid ?

Always check the dedicated administration news thread before trawling through this quagmire pal.

16 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I have never blocked anyone,  but he was the closest I got...seemed deliberately antagonistic and contrary in a way that didn't have that edge of humour that softens a few others that take that path...naming no names!

It was as though his alternative view on things was right and the rest were wrong. Sometimes he did hit some home truths but others were dam right off the mark. Someone said you can always justify a wrong decision.

3 hours ago, David said:

I was initially given a list of members to invite, some of which declined and I replaced on the understanding that it was not to be an echo chamber.

The initial invites consisted of vocal support for and against Mel, the invites I personally handed out was given to continue this request.

Some of those members are very outspoken in regards to Mel's tenure to this day. I hope @Rev for example does not mind me mentioning him, also @Mostyn6 as I recall angered Mel with certain questions.

At the time I was personally struggling with anxiety and had to excuse myself several times. I was largely quiet and not the person I am today.

There was 2 groups, each time every single member will be aware that I or the group was not given any specific orders to become mouth pieces for a Putin organisation.

Every moderator on this forum would also freely admit that I have never instructed anyone to defend Mel on this forum.

I don't think I've ever been outspoken on Mel's tenure, tbh. 

I made a comedy post in his early days, received a warning for it which I still say was well over the top, which saw me subbed into the initial meeting as a late replacement, I assume as an anti Mel poster.

I swallowed every bit of bull he delivered that day, hook line and sinker, and came out of the meeting thinking he was a genuine guy who had a plan, which we should follow, and I asked people on here to have faith with him.

Some things didn't sit right, both then and afterwards,  but I brushed them aside for a long while as I'd been taken in, in fairness he's a superb orator when faced with a small group, as we were.

He pulled the wool over my eyes for sure, and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that on this forum.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

I made a comedy post in his early days, received a warning for it which I still say was well over the top, which saw me subbed into the initial meeting as a late replacement, I assume as an anti Mel poster.

I swallowed every bit of bull he delivered that day, hook line and sinker, and came out of the meeting thinking he was a genuine guy who had a plan, which we should follow, and I asked people on here to have faith with him.

Some things didn't sit right, both then and afterwards,  but I brushed them aside for a long while as I'd been taken in, in fairness he's a superb orator when faced with a small group, as we were.

He pulled the wool over my eyes for sure, and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that on this forum.

Ahh, comedy posts. Those were the days. 

Happy St Patrick's Day @David Keep up the brilliant work.

And to everyone. Hope not Hate.

I've mentioned it a few times over the years on here.

We are all Derby County fans and whatever our different beliefs, opinions, please respect one another and channel your love and energy into supporting Derby County and your fellow Derby County supporters.

.............and if anyone would like to take me anywhere for a free breakfast, well that would be lovely and very kind.

Up The Rams...........

15 minutes ago, Rev said:

I doubt even Mel was pulling the wool. He genuinely thought what he was doing was right. I think the alarms should have rung when he talked about loop holes and ways around things. It never works and even though from a legal point it may be a loop hole but it hasn’t worked.

I think Covid was the last straw with it all. I often thought that even though I worked through the whole pandemic how could anyone fund a football club outside the PL? I feel angry about the current situation but I think it’s a sequence of events that have led here and not just one individual.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

We’ll that didn’t take long - a few defeats, no statements from EFL or Q to discectomy so frustrations got taken out on the one person who has kept this forum going under difficult circumstances. 

haters got to hate something - even if it’s the people giving them the opportunity to hate

This.