The Administration Thread

Boycie

44 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

FWIW reporters on our side are reporting as if it is a monetary settlement from Morris to Gibson, not an agreement of indemnity or anything of the like. We'll probably never know for sure.

So reporters on your side are reporting the result of a confidential agreement and saying Gibson won! Now there's a surprise. 

I'd still rather see forest go up than any team owned by that permed ? 

I feel sure money will have been paid. It won’t be to indemnify arbitration that was never in Gibbons plan. He wanted cash. Will be interesting to see if this ends up in Boros accounts. 
either way it is a great step for DCFC to move on and survival now is in our hands again. I hope this step is not tainted by supporter behaviour in the ground tomorrow. 

Very good news.
The sad part is that, assuming Mel is giving him some money, it means Gibson’s grubby opportunism has worked. It also gives his spurious claims an air of credibility that they just don’t have.

Oddly, I’ve always thought that Wycombe’s claims have a bit more credibility than Boro’s, but only insofar as there is a clear cause and effect on the timing of our points deduction - rather than some vague argument about cheats prospering. Nevertheless, any claim Wycombe has should be directed to the EFL and the EFL alone. We all know we complied with the EFL’s deadlines and thus we should be completely scott-free. However, Ballbag (or whatever his name is) knows that he wouldn’t stand a chance taking the EFL to court, the EFL are too chicken to accept the challenge and do everything they can to direct fire onto clubs and we are left in limbo. 

Anyway, hopefully this is not another false dawn and is the beginning of the end.  COYR.

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

I feel sure money will have been paid. It won’t be to indemnify arbitration that was never in Gibbons plan. He wanted cash. Will be interesting to see if this ends up in Boros accounts. 
either way it is a great step for DCFC to move on and survival now is in our hands again. I hope this step is not tainted by supporter behaviour in the ground tomorrow. 

I am not convinced money will have changed hands at all - the bit where Gibson contacted MM is a rather important aspect

35 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Worth noting that there is no prepared statement from the EFL as yet

Efl official statement 

Efl would like to correct misleading statements that have appeared in the media.
Is There a vendetta against Derby ? No
Efl has brokered a solution by suggesting that Morris, Gibson, Hmrc and msd all get together and two of them have taken up this offer.

So now mr Gibson will not be suing Derby County after all. 

and we hope Boro get 3 points tomorrow and get to the Premier league so they don’t sue us instead.

29 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Efl official statement 

Efl would like to correct misleading statements that have appeared in the media.
Is There a vendetta against Derby ? No
Efl has brokered a solution by suggesting that Morris, Gibson, Hmrc and msd all get together and two of them have taken up this offer.

So now mr Gibson will not be suing Derby County after all. 

and we hope Boro get 3 points tomorrow and get to the Premier league so they don’t sue us instead.

And we have engaged an appropriate referee to ensure that the 13 Boro players are able to defeat Derby's 8 over 120 minutes of play if necessary!

35 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Very good news.
The sad part is that, assuming Mel is giving him some money, it means Gibson’s grubby opportunism has worked. It also gives his spurious claims an air of credibility that they just don’t have.

Oddly, I’ve always thought that Wycombe’s claims have a bit more credibility than Boro’s, but only insofar as there is a clear cause and effect on the timing of our points deduction - rather than some vague argument about cheats prospering. Nevertheless, any claim Wycombe has should be directed to the EFL and the EFL alone. We all know we complied with the EFL’s deadlines and thus we should be completely scott-free. However, Ballbag (or whatever his name is) knows that he wouldn’t stand a chance taking the EFL to court, the EFL are too chicken to accept the challenge and do everything they can to direct fire onto clubs and we are left in limbo. 

Anyway, hopefully this is not another false dawn and is the beginning of the end.  COYR.

Ultimately I’m happy that it might be coming to an end, but would be disappointed if Mel’s just rolled over and let Gibbo tickle his tummy. I would’ve loved to see how this played out in court. 

The EFL has published a revised statement.

It is worried that in the previous statement saying it will now continue to work with all relevant parties on finding the appropriate solutions that will secure a long term future for Derby County, this may have implied that it would 

a) work

and

b)find solutions 

and

c) help secure a long term future for Derby County.

On reflection the EFL says this was misleading on our part and that in fact we will largely suck our pencil and hope somebody else gets us out of this mess.