The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I hope the accord is that it goes to arbitration and if, by some miracle, Gibson wins then Mel donates to charity.

Otherwise, Gibson makes the charitable donation.

I sincerely hope that Mel has not paid the chancer or his club a penny.

As much as this is rooted in a personal spat, I still imagine Gibson wanted to win so Middlesbrough could recoup the compensation. I'm assuming the accord is still relating to a claim on behalf of Middlesbrough FC.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I would be very surprised if there is any payment 

It doesnt matter either way, the issue is behind us now, if I never hear the words Claims, Middlesbrough and Steve Gibson used in the same sentence again, it will be too soon ? 

Lets move onto the next set of issues and forget about "Whats his name" from Teeside 

21 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Accord - An agreement that settles a dispute, generally requiring an obligee to accept a compromise or satisfaction from the obligor with something less than what was originally demanded. Also often used synonymously with treaty.

Suspect that word was chosen deliberately. I assume here Mel was obligor. 

Either way, this seems to be great news and on a Friday too

Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

Maybe the 'accord' is to agree to a bare-knuckle fight, in a cage, at half-time.

4 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

It doesnt matter either way, the issue is behind us now, if I never hear the words Claims, Middlesbrough and Steve Gibson used in the same sentence again, it will be too soon ? 

Lets move onto the next set of issues and forget about "Whats his name" from Teeside 

How about Claims, Wycombe and Rob Couhig?

26 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Accord - An agreement that settles a dispute, generally requiring an obligee to accept a compromise or satisfaction from the obligor with something less than what was originally demanded. Also often used synonymously with treaty.

Suspect that word was chosen deliberately. I assume here Mel was obligor. 

Either way, this seems to be great news and on a Friday too

Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

"Accord on a resolution" made it sound to me like they might not have all the details thrashed out, but they have enough sorted out to know that the club and/or its new owner won't be liable. 

And frankly, that's all I care about. If Mel's having to pay Gibson £100million and hand-wash his car every week, so be it. Don't care. Let get the club sold and move on. 

(PS I suspect we'll find out a lot more via inevitable leaks to journalists, sooner or later.)

Edited by vonwright

5 minutes ago, vonwright said:

"Accord on a resolution" made it sound to me like they might not have all the details thrashed out, but they have enough sorted out to know that the club and/or its new owner won't be liable. 

And frankly, that's all I care about. If Mel's having to pay Gibson £100million and hand-wash his car every week, so be it. Don't care. Let get the club sold and move on. 

(PS I suspect we'll find out a lot more via inevitable leaks to journalists, sooner or later.)

Agreement is Gibson named preferred bidder for £3.50.