The Administration Thread

Boycie

16 minutes ago, ossieram said:

So @BoroWill, if your dad had upset mine and then done a runner,  you'd be quite happy for my dad to stand with his foot on the throats of your family until they paid him, even though my dad knew yours had legged it with all the cash?

Football clubs are most peoples first and for some,  their longest lasting love. Is it any wonder that Gibson is getting abused when he is the one killing our club.

Mel did wrong,  but he's got his millions and legged it.

This! Apart from there’s 2 dads against 1 and the other 69 dads are just stood there watching it. 

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So how do they know it's defensible then?

I think we both know the answer to that, I was just being nice as I could as he’s come on here in good faith (I think) 

33 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

We don't know the details because it is confidential.

Dont you think it just a little strange that after so long we still don't exactly know what the specific allegation is...just vague accusations of "systematic cheating" and we still don't know its supposed "value" to enable the administrators to account for it in any negotiations with bidders....AND still no date to take to court or arbitration?

As the claimant, if sure of a strong case you would think he would want it take forward his claim ASAP....makes me wonder why he doesn't

Gibson reminds me of one of those insanely wealthy trophy hunters. Can't actually hunt a wild beast in it's own environment so goes to shoot an already lame beast in an enclosure just to massage his own ego.

If he truly didn't wish the club fold, he would pull back his claim and wait until we were fit to fight it fairly. The fact he hasn't tells me two things. He has no care for the future of the club. He also knows when tested in court, his case will collapse. If he does drop his claim at 2 mins to midnight then it proves what an odious creature he is.

23 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

It's felt like that at times! 

I really do appreciate those of you who have chosen to engage with me rather than just hurl abuse.

Its brave of you to come on. We all know the issues under MM's tenure - he conned us all too but the problem is we as a club have been punished so very very much by the EFL in various ways. Only Derby fans know the detail of everything that has been done.  So Unfortunately the "Derby are all cheats" line pedalled by your chairman and others saying we still need to punished more via these claims is why we have such a totally negative view of your chairman. We have no funds to settle a claim and having to do so will lead to liquidation - other creditors wont agree to a proposal where they get less. So SG's actions and soundbites do not reflect just how much we have been punished already by the EFL and how perilously close to extinction we are. You seem certain he will withdraw the claim when we get to the wire. We are across the wire in no-mans land in broad daylight wearing a fluorescent jacket and still he persists. So that explains our hostility to him 

15 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Because it is nonsense.

What ? That Boro don’t use smart accountants to work on loopholes or that Boro had a huge fiscal advantage from Parachute payments ? Or that it is the EFL that make rules, dispense penalties for none compliance so if he has a complaint he should take it up with the governing body and sue them ? …. How can those be described as nonsense ? what you really mean is that they are uncomfortable truths that you can’t answer. 

As a final shot …. If you think someone nicked your stuff .. do you A) go round and beat them up or …. B) Call the police ? 
Your Chairman has effectively done the former which tells me exactly what he is ! 

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Football is in a mess , Morris clearly tried to sail as close to the wind as he could re breaking / bending rules to gain advantage,no argument there the man’s a disgrace for what he’s done to OUR club , but let’s be right here Gibson himself has sailed very close to the wind with debt moving and other stuff , countless other clubs have been  and are doing it too ,

the thing is any right thinking REAL football fan at this point says STOP , if this was Morris or any other owner of Derby perusing boro or any other club on the verge of going out of existence I would be making my feelings felt to our club that it’s TIME TO STOP ,

we are football clubs , we all have our days in the sun and our bad times but our clubs are the heart of our city’s / towns with histories and links through the generations, if people like Morris, Gibson and the efL can’t respect that at least us fans of all club should 

Spot on archied.

It isn’t a competition here to nominate the “vainest greediest chancer of an owner of the year award “… nominations Morris and Gibson. 

but if it was… the Judges would bear in mind Morris didn’t try and sue QPR for their ffp  breaches that were way more serious than anything Derby are alleged to have done. 

and also that Morris is, according to the admin team, helping them in Derby’s fight for existence. And Gibson plainly isn’t.

Just out of interest, does anyone remember Mel Morris’ account name on here? He’d not been online for a while, but would be interesting to know if he’s been logging on since he came out of hiding to see what we’re all saying about him. 

52 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

Gibson vs his Senior Chauffeur
Claimant: Mr Gerald Glover

Respondent: Bulkhaul Ltd (Gibsons Company)

The claimant was unfairly dismissed;

i. as the respondent used a sham reason for dismissing the claimant.

ii. it did not follow any fair procedure before dismissing the claimant.

I am sure I read a comment of your that said he was honest. Thats two cases I have found that show he is not. Incase you missed it the other one was Bulkhaul Ltd v Rhodia Organique.

Ah yes the one where he said his chauffeur was being made redundant as he didn’t need a driver anymore. Then promptly hired another one.

pants on fire Gibson.

1 hour ago, BoroWill said:

I do think that those who hold ill feeling to your club for it are misguided, but whilst I may have only quoted one person, it isn't just one person is it?

Ok it’s not just one person - but it’s by no means the majority. It’s more a reflection of said people then them being Derby fans. 

It's felt like that at times! 

I really do appreciate those of you who have chosen to engage with me rather than just hurl abuse.

Try and engage and you just take the points out of context. We DO all blame Morris for the dire situation we found ourselves in….but Gibbo is the only reason for our club’s situation not having been resolved. We knew this months ago, despite the multitude of denials. 
You have absolutely no clue or are here to wind people up, people who have collectively supported a family club through generations. 

Can someone get rid of this WUM? 
(I hope that level of abuse is allowed moderators) He is only here to gloat over the demise of our club, as he clearly agrees with and blindly follows all the actions of his beloved Gibson, as does the vast majority of his fellow supporters of the pathetic ambulance chasing, hypocritical scummy club. 

I'm getting a lot of notifications and I'm trying my best to respond to all of them. I can't respond to things where I don't know the answer though, you would have to ask Steve Gibson.

People have said they couldn’t live without Derby County, which may sound over dramatic, and it is to most people, but not all. Please ask the Bamford if he would be happy to live with the consequences of his actions.

I have sent email to EFL no idea if they will reply 

Hi .
Please could you assist in saving Derby County .
I just don’t understand why you are not intervening in the Boro/ Wycombe claims against Derby County and I know you say that is not the only problem which I understand but it’s a starting point.  
It seems you are willing to let a member club die because Derby’s administrators Quantuma can’t name a preferred bidder until this is sorted .
I know you say it’s impossible to intervene because you have to treat 72 member clubs equally.
Derby have a massive fan base and if Derby were liquidated it would not only effect the City of Derby but the wider football world .
I could go on about amortisation and ground sales etc etc but that is water under the bridge and Derby County have excepted a 21 point deduction this season.
Yours Sincerely 

13 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Just out of interest, does anyone remember Mel Morris’ account name on here? He’d not been online for a while, but would be interesting to know if he’s been logging on since he came out of hiding to see what we’re all saying about him. 

I posted it on here a couple of days ago and the mods quickly deleted it 

I'm not a Mel apologist by any means, but I keep reading 'Mel conned us' as a regular comment in this thread. How did Mel con us? From my understanding he didn't con us as he thought the amortisation policy had been confirmed by EFL as acceptable. 

1. If the amortisation policy hadn't been accepted initially by the EFL, would Mel have carried on using it? - No I don't think so, we would have used the straight line policy as per EFL suggestions. BUT, there was no recommendation to use only a straight line amortisation policy.
  2. If the amortisation policy hadn't been accepted initially by the EFL, would there have been proceedings hindering any takeover process - possibly but that would have been down to the arbitration process related to the stadium valuation (which we were found not guilty of).
  3. If the amortisation policy hadn't been retro-actively deemed by the EFL to be unacceptable, would we have failed FFP in the years we did? - I doubt it, once we knew we were only to use the straight line policy we would have cut cloth accordingly.

The only thing we were found guilty of in the arbitration process was not making the footnote describing the amortisation policy clearer. But the arbitration process did conclude that this wasn't done in order to mislead.

I agree that Mel putting us into administration doesn't put him in the best of lights, and he didn't make the stadium sale public knowledge until after the fact, but to say he conned us is a bit over the top in my eyes.