The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, Bubbles said:

I have a negative feeling that either SG, RC, or EFL will prevent it.

Ta Mel, still not forgiven though.

They'll argue that the case is against DCFC, MM has left the club so has no dealings with DCFC, Now, The EFL have asked MM and other stakeholders to get in a room and sort this, So that's blown the EFLs arguement that it's against DCFC when asking MM to come to a meeting.

The EFL will save face if they tell Boro/WW to take MM on, Boro/WW have everything to lose and very very little to gain

Hollow gesture - he knows they won’t go after him, and the claim isn’t against him it’s the conduct of the club

if he wanted to guarantee helping he needed to say “I will personally pay the compensation that is due from DCFC to MFC and WWFC as it is decided” that way the third part funding is clearing football debts and satisfies the requirements of EFL insolvency policies.

I think it's a tactical move and positioning from Morris, on the basis that the claims are between football clubs under EFL mechanisms, and to demonstrate damages against him personally is not the same. I think it's an offer he made knowing it's not likely to be taken up, and if it is he's fighting it on better ground for him - but - it takes the moral posturing away from Gibson if he does decline it.

In short, Mel Morris is still trying to be clever. At least he's not just in hiding anymore.

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Really did not see that statement coming, long overdue but like someone said previously, maybe we needed the EFLs stance on the claims before making this move.

A lot of parts of the statement have been what a lot of fans have been saying for long time, some key parts...

- Happy to take the claims on himself

- Calls BS on the arbitration timing as its scheduled for May so EFL have been lying saying admins have been ignoring it

- Questions the panel who judged our amortisation policy

- Raises the point that Gibson sold his debts to one of his own companies

- Highlights the sale of players between clubs with the same owners such as Udinese/Watford & Forest/Olympiakos

Next move is on the EFL/WW/Boro - i fully expect the EFL to make something up to say they cannot take Mel up on his offer. However, in that case surely Mel can do an agreememt with the new owners he will cover the costs to take it to court so no extra outgoing for the incoming owners and means Mel is still paying for it to go to court.

Mel's statement is huge at it solves the biggest problem of them all.

well unless they take him up on the offer it doesn't solve anythig, but it certainly shifts the narrative bigtime and looks to have completley wrongfooted EFl and the parasite clubs with their own crappy statements. Morris is rightly blamed for a lot of the crap we are in , but he is right with almost everything he says here.  

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

They'll argue that the case is against DCFC, MM has left the club so has no dealings with DCFC, Now, The EFL have asked MM and other stakeholders to get in a room and sort this, So that's blown the EFLs arguement that it's against DCFC when asking MM to come to a meeting.

The EFL will save face if they tell Boro/WW to take MM on, Boro/WW have everything to lose and very very little to gain

Surely all they’ve ever wanted (according to them) is compensation for the lost income so, whilst they might still do it, it must be very difficult for them to decline. The club have been punished already and, if they win, they’ll get their money. What more could they publicly claim they want?

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They have to Roy, he will pay them if he loses - if they go after DCFC it’s because they want to destroy the club and everyone else can see that at this point 

Again, this is the bloke who threatened to take a Church football team to Court over their badge. He'll just say nah, can't do that I'll stick with the claim.

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Their claim is against the conduct of the club. They haven’t got to do anything

And as Bridgen has already pointed out, if they rely on that then their motives are transparent. I expect them to try and weasel their way out of Mel’s challenge but they’re going to look like proper c***s when they do.

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Their claim is against the conduct of the club. They haven’t got to do anything

Their claim is for compensation for lost income. As long as they get that (if they win) how can they justify not taking him up on the offer unless they want to publicly admit their main aim is to destroy the club?

This has always been an open and shut case, we just needed someone to lay it all out for everyone to see.

I thank Mel for the experience I had reading that, it was incredibly cathartic to see Boro/Wycombe/EFL “destroyed by facts and logic”, seeing as they’ve had more statements than dumps recently.

However, I do wish he’d just come out with a statement saying he’d take the claims on for DCFC rather than using it as an opportunity to get digs in on his arch nemeses, like we’re part of the season finale of the Mel Show. He’s clearly trying to hit some home run that will restore his reputation, which isn’t happening.

He should have offered to do that months ago, at the very latest when we were slapped with the latest transfer embargo and Jags was off. We all know it’s an easy win case, the only possible excuse is his health.

It was nice to remember what it was like to have an owner fighting your corner and he’s proving a point; if the EFL don’t take him up on this, the heat on them from the public might finally outweigh the heat from Gibson.