The Administration Thread

Boycie

Nothing will happen until after the transfer window closes. I suspect the EFL and the membership are worried about us going into administration (paying 25p in the pound or whatever has been agreed) then getting taken over by a new owner and spending this window. It would be a slap in the face to our past creditors and as a Derby fan that one would not sit right with me. I just hope we don't lose anymore of our players for peanuts. The dream is still on.... Just.

Edited by NimonicRam
Typo

So....sorry to maybe be a bit behind here but...the pending great news that would please everyone posted on here last night is no longer happening correct??

If any delay say for a month is happening what exactly will change in 1 months time ??? apart from a higher admin bill , players sold and possible loss of interest from interested parties...This was a joke some time ago its gone way past that now ....its a mess of high proportions...The EFL are basically strangling any chance of staying up ...another month will prove.....NOTHING

I genuinely and stupidly thought the next 48 hours were going to reveal great news...but great news and DCFC don't seem to ever go in the same sentence 

8 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Understand what you are saying but although it was Morris who pushed us in the canal and I don't think many are arguing with that, it is the EFL and their buddies who are standing on the towpath with a bargepole pushing us back in every time we manage to swim to the edge. They offer a life ring but want us to chuck them our wallet before they'll let us have it or they'll happily let us drown.

I agree broadly with the analogy, but it is more important to be fighting the current battle, not looking back on past encounters.  

Its a bit like the Allied Forces still complaing about what happened at Dunkirk when the muck and bullets are raining on them at the Battle of the Bulge. Focus in the here and now on what is important.

In summary, there may be good news. Or it could be bad news.

It could be today. Or possibly tomorrow. Or possibly by the end of the week.

It might drag on until the end of Feb. Or it might not. Or it might be the end of the season. Or also not.

And we could get a 15 point deduction next season. Then again, that could also not happen. Or it could happen this season.

And we've had some information from people who say they know what's going on. That said, they might not actually know.

So in summary, that's what we know about what's going on. Precisely absolutely nothing. But it's got us all riled up as it might be important.

Then again, it might not be.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

It might drag on until the end of Feb. Or it might not. Or it might be the end of the season. Or also not.

And we could get a 15 point deduction next season. Then again, that could also not happen. Or it could happen this season.

And we've had some information from people who say they know what's going on. That said, they might not actually know.

So in summary, that's what we know about what's going on. Precisely absolutely nothing. But it's got us all riled up as it might be important.

You’ve been watching to many Boris Johnson speeches 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I’m not sure I understand the difference between “comply with accounting standards” and having passed audit for years on end. Isn’t that what an audit shows - that they comply with accounting standards?

As for the second part - a kangaroo court, with no accountancy expertise, overturned accountants and auditors’ views, having ruled that they didn’t need to hear expert evidence, they would just use expert evidence that had been comprehensively found to be unsuitable earlier in the process. I don’t think this is watertight. 

No, the fact accounts are audited is no guarantee of anything at all (except that an audit fee has been paid) 

As I said on another post I seriously struggle to see where this will all end, let alone be a positive outcome.

I can see fire sale, losing talented youngsters, Rooney leave followed by relegation/ demotion. It's got to the point after a shambolic 2 years that we should sack the whole thing off, so no need to ever hear the name of MM again.

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Uh, the EFL statement had a comment about the 1st Feb deadline. Clown.

I'm not going to trawl through pages to look for it, But the EFL statement went something like this, DCFC have until 1st of Febuary to show they have enough funds to complete the season, Now i'm not to sure where this quote/ish came from, However if funds can't be shown...IT COULD MEAN DCFC BEING EXPELLED FROM THE EFL BY WITHDRAWING THEIR MEMBERSHIP.

I'm not a fan of SJ, But on this occasion i'll agree with him, Bad news makes good headlines, More clicks and maybe more revenue for whoever.

I remember when one of my ancestors was walking with Moses, And he came to the Red Sea, People were panicking as they were being chased by a band of nutters, People were screaming "we're dead we're dead(in hebrew language as English hadn't formed yet)Moses said "oh no we aint, We'll be fine" but no the doubters kept a hollerin, Until Moses went down to the shore and said "ABRA  KADABRA" and the sea parted, The doubters were gobsmacked(again in hebrew)as gobsmacked wasn't known as a word back in the day.

Everyone crossed and all lived happily ever after.

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

ITK ?

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I agree broadly with the analogy, but it is more important to be fighting the current battle, not looking back on past encounters.  

Its a bit like the Allied Forces still complaing about what happened at Dunkirk when the muck and bullets are raining on them at the Battle of the Bulge. Focus in the here and now on what is important.

Agree entirely Iram.

But curtains point on talksport is still a very important one. If the amortisation was wrong they should have told us that in 2016. So they are just as to blame as Morris for letting him do it. So we are still being punished for Efl’s own failings as well as Mel’s 

or they were right first time in which case we got done for nothing.

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

That sounds like a transcript from every SAGE meeting about Covid infection trends from the last 18 months.