The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Ramos said:

3 observations:

1. DCFC, MFC, and WWFC have presumably submitted cases to the EFL.  There is a hold up here whilst the EFL is considering those cases which, by their own admission in the statement, is causing a delay in a final bidder moving forwards.  If any party has failed to submit a case, I would hope that is viewed harshly.

2. Assuming the above is addressed, and I would hope this is viewed as a matter of urgency, Mike Ashley or whoever can be confirmed as the PB.  Provided they provide an initial cash injection (possibly by way of deposit - we don't know how much the club already has) then the transfer embargo would be lifted.  If the PB wished, we could then deal in the window.

3. If, as a professional body, you have to publish a 10pm statement declaring you have no vendetta against a member, it would strongly suggest there is more than a whiff of a vendetta.  If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's a duck.

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

And that's all profit? With no tax? 

And Boro had a 1 in 4 chance of beating  both Leeds and Villa? Despite losing 6 out of their last 7 games? Is that what the bookies said? And the bookies don't have profit margin on their odds?  And Boro would definitely have finished sixth if Derby had not allegedly broken the FFP rules? And not Bristol City? Or maybe even Derby? Or someone else? And there was no contributory negligence by anyone else? Like EFL? Or Boro who appointed Pulis? 

And the allegation of cheating? Did Mel Morris know he was breaking the rules? If so they can go after him. 

So that's the quantum of loss. Now about the merits of the case... also (according to Quantuma without merit) So that's less than 50% chance of success. Probably a lot less than 50%.

And are they really football creditors?  Are they really in law to be treated as higher priority than HMRC, (HMRC are actually preferred creditors according to the law). 

Now let's do the maths again.   It doesn't quite come to £45 million. More like £4.50p 

Bookies gave us about an 18% chance of winning the Playoffs. Take us out of the equation and Boro didn't even have a 100% chance of taking 6th. We beat Bristol City in the run in who were in better form than Boro.

Assuming they would have had a 100% chance of placing 6th, and assuming they also had the same bookies odds as us, and basing the loss of earning on their previous spell in the PL, a reasonable compensation claim would be £4m ?

Also an admittance, from themselves, that their “Articles and Insolvency Policy” is open to interpretation.

What are they doing? How can they have so many regulations that are open to interpretation, and if it is, how can Quantuma’s interpretation of it be wrong?!

Utterly, utterly incompetent and a stain on the sport.

6 minutes ago, Ramos said:

FYI a 10pm statement reeks of an organisation panicking and running scared - making sure no one can question them without a good night’s sleep. 

Point 7 was interesting. 

"The EFL has not and does not override statutory solvency law....." 

Sounds like there may have been a shot across the bows. 

There's some questionable factual dental. Something about Middlesbroughs action against Derby having been ongoing for over 12 months. 

What they don't clarify is that there were 2 claims. The one outstanding is not over 12 months old. So, EFL... remind us what happened with the previous claim by Middlesbrough and why that approach can't be applied here. 

Utter Bamfords.

Basically the EFL are saying we can stay in the league until the end of the season if we can raise enough cash from player sales.

They're not budging on Boro's "claim".

There's nothing about protecting football clubs. It's all just ballax.

We've no chance. They won't rest until we're gone. Custodians of football, my ar*e.

I'm broken.

Just now, IslandExile said:

Utter Bamfords.

Basically the EFL are saying we can stay in the league until the end of the season if we can raise enough cash from player sales.

They're not budging on Boro's "claim".

There's nothing about protecting football clubs. It's all just ballax.

We've no chance. They won't rest until we're gone. Custodians of football, my ar*e.

I'm broken.

Nope - get up tomorrow pal and keep making noise.  It’s worth it!

I am pleased to hear that they have received more details of the claims from Boro and Wycombe.

Hopefully on the back of it, they can have some idea of the potential liabilities of the case, which at least gives them and a preferred bidder clarity on what they might be taking on.

In some ways I do sort of understand the position. They aren't a party to the legal proceedings. They can't agree to an exit plan that doesn't account for something in the region of £50m of potential liabilities (**IN THEORY**). And as they aren't a party to it, they can't tell Boro and Wycombe they can't sue us when we come out of admin.

It's a catch 22. We can't come out of admin while the potential claims hang over us. But we can't deal with the claims until we come out of admin.

Having said that....their position is complete madness. It protects two EFL clubs who have very weak cases and I'm 99.9% sure will still survive if they don't succeed, at the expense of another club (us) who may well go out of existence.

All the talk of "insolvent clubs having no right of membership" and "notice of withdrawal" sounds like they dont feel like they are duty bound to help us as a member club because our membership is on a knife-edge. So insolvent clubs are on a lower-tier of membership to solvent ones?

It's like they don't have a vendetta... but they've taken us going into administration personally???

Sounds like a vendetta to me

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Also an admittance, from themselves, that their “Articles and Insolvency Policy” is open to interpretation.

What are they doing? How can they have so many regulations that are open to interpretation, and if it is, how can Quantuma’s interpretation of it be wrong?!

Utterly, utterly incompetent and a stain on the sport.

Yes so as their statement says  they have the right to 'review and amend' procedure for each individual case.

Get on with it then you utterly morally bankrupt bankers!

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Squeaky bum time for the EFL now and I think we’ll all have Sports Direct mugs in the post with our season ticket renewal info by the end of the month.

If so, any chance we could we get the glass clinking reaction changed to be their mugs instead?