The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, jono said:

That’s a daft comparison. When Lamps arrived Derby were outwardly doing ok, playoff contenders, no money to really spend because of FFP  but no other shadow hanging over them .. while Rooney was a last gasp appointment with the club in huge difficulties financially and politically with the EFL. There is no way anyone would see that as an attractive place to play. 

The original point was that some posters were starting that Rooney was pulling in top players because of his name which up to now is clearly not the case....if we get bought out then it may be but not yet!

30 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The original point was that some posters were starting that Rooney was pulling in top players because of his name which up to now is clearly not the case....if we get bought out then it may be but not yet!

I suppose it’s the definition of top … that’s the thing .. I’d almost say he has, in that without him there’s no way we’d have Ravel or Jags. For where we are, they are top …..  But yes .. it’s going to be interesting assuming league one if he really can pull in some bells whistles and go faster stripes. It certainly won’t be wages or the glamour  of 3rd tier football 

12 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Not that I think Glick will be involved, but I’m sure he is CEO of Teppers NFL team which would mean he works for him. 

Assuming his LinkedIn profile is up to date, he is CEO of Panthers, as well as President of Tepper Sports and Entertainment. 

BA611A75-9BA4-44A5-ABD0-E472E214CFB4.jpeg

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well you can say that about Jags!

You were being deliberately specific, surprised you didn't state transfers over £10m! Rooney's name and career (and now nacent managerial career) will attract players to this club that a.n.other manager probably wouldn't.

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

Don't think we will hear any news of potential new owners till Friday at the earliest. If it goes over to next week then we can loose players. 

They have to announce the preferred bidder and go through all that entails before they are anywhere near announcing a new owner,we can still lose players next week. Until new owners are named the administrators are fully in charge.