The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Rooney has a contract. It won't be up to Appleby (or anyone else) to decide his remuneration. Likewise, if Rooney is shown the door, we'll have to settle his contact AND pay the new guy. The only person who has the power to reduce Rooney's wages is Wayne himself.

Very true,the only easy way out is for a prem club to take him off our hands (and get a juicy payment as an extra bonus)

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Where has Rooney on £90k per week come from? 

Not sure where that figure came from either. However the point about a very well paid Rooney not being in charge of a L1 club strapped for cash, does seem likely scenario. The Kirchner deal was probably the only way Wayne could have perhaps stayed next season, but now that one has fizzled out, it seems reasonable to expect an affordable, but experienced lower league manager on L1 wages, to take the reins next season. 

13 minutes ago, europia said:

Not sure where that figure came from either. However the point about a very well paid Rooney not being in charge of a L1 club strapped for cash, does seem likely scenario. The Kirchner deal was probably the only way Wayne could have perhaps stayed next season, but now that one has fizzled out, it seems reasonable to expect an affordable, but experienced lower league manager on L1 wages, to take the reins next season. 

Look I think wyan will be here he would not be saying he wants things in place so he can do some thing business if he was leaving would he.

54 minutes ago, europia said:

You might be right but a massive amount of assumption there. 

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Look I think wyan will be here he would not be saying he wants things in place so he can do some thing business if he was leaving would he.

Well yes i think he would but he has to be seen as coming across positive, now it's not his U.S buddy getting the reins he will have some excuse or other up his sleeve.

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Rooney has a contract. It won't be up to Appleby (or anyone else) to decide his remuneration. Likewise, if Rooney is shown the door, we'll have to settle his contact AND pay the new guy. The only person who has the power to reduce Rooney's wages is Wayne himself.

This is all true, how would it look in the media though if the football club could not be saved due to his pay packet?  I think he would have to deal if the new owners went public with that...

4 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

This is all true, how would it look in the media though if the football club could not be saved due to his pay packet?  I think he would have to deal if the new owners went public with that...

Presumably there wouldn’t be a new owner if the club couldn’t be saved.

If you mean the preferred bidder then, whilst it would be good if Rooney did agree a reduced deal, if he didn’t I somehow doubt the bidder would be so specific to name Rooney as the cause of the bids failure. I think tat would be bad form.

Rooney on £90k is has been reported by likes of Mail Sun etc. A certain ex-director of the club has also supposedly been spouting he’s on £4m per year. It’s my hunch that same director is Barrytheanon’s source on the other thread or it’s come from that direction (the speculation this is all a ruse by the administrators, a deal is miles away and Mel is still involved in the background and don’t be surprised if he returns some day) 

On Rooney’s wages, don’t believe it’s £90k per week or £4m per year for one second, but it will be likely too high for a championship manager let alone a league 1 manager. If the new owners think he’s the man then they would need to offer him a long term deal (3 years) but a huge pay cut as we need to get our costs under control, then it’s up to him how much he wants the job.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Rooney on £90k is has been reported by likes of Mail Sun etc. A certain ex-director of the club has also supposedly been spouting he’s on £4m per year. It’s my hunch that same director is Barrytheanon’s source on the other thread or it’s come from that direction (the speculation this is all a ruse by the administrators, a deal is miles away and Mel is still involved in the background and don’t be surprised if he returns some day) 

On Rooney’s wages, don’t believe it’s £90k per week or £4m per year for one second, but it will be likely too high for a championship manager let alone a league 1 manager. If the new owners think he’s the man then they would need to offer him a long term deal (3 years) but a huge pay cut as we need to get our costs under control, then it’s up to him how much he wants the job.

Are people forgetting Red32 increased their sponsorship to give the club half the money to pay Rooney's wages. Club still pays them though but without Rooney sponsorship would be less

4 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Are people forgetting Red32 increased their sponsorship to give the club half the money to pay Rooney's wages. Club still pays them though but without Rooney sponsorship would be less

Clubs in League 1 are hardly featured on TV in live matches so if Red32 are going to remain a sponsor it will be at greatly reduced rates due to less exposure.

7 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

The talk was they renegotiated when he stopped playing?  Possibly dropped the amount, but I also read they did then pay (some?) up front, to help the club tide things over? 

Not sure any facts have actually been made public though... obvs!  ?‍♂️

20 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

37 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Don't we have a recent history of paying high for managers/head coaches? 

Not saying that it's 4m or any particular number but if it's on the high side for champ, it's going to look luxuriant in L1..... ?

Agree on both. We paid Clement over the odds in his first job (£40k per week) a pay cut from his Madrid wage but still way too high, likewise Lampard was on £35k per week and we offered him £50k to stay, then basically gave that contract offer to Cocu who based on his pedigree was the most meriting of such a high wage although it didn’t work out.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Rooney is on between £40k and £50k per week which is way way too high. Going into league 1 it would need to be at least 1/4 of that probably even less. For context we were paying snake around £20k per week, possibly less and he was a proven championship manager. Nigel Clough I think was the lowest paid manager in the championship when he was in charge.

30 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Agree on both. We paid Clement over the odds in his first job (£40k per week) a pay cut from his Madrid wage but still way too high, likewise Lampard was on £35k per week and we offered him £50k to stay, then basically gave that contract offer to Cocu who based on his pedigree was the most meriting of such a high wage although it didn’t work out.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Rooney is on between £40k and £50k per week which is way way too high. Going into league 1 it would need to be at least 1/4 of that probably even less. For context we were paying snake around £20k per week, possibly less and he was a proven championship manager. Nigel Clough I think was the lowest paid manager in the championship when he was in charge.

How much was Pearson allegedly on? 

Given our former owners track record of bulleting managers then if we paid them in washers it would still be too much as the club would be paying for their services with them sitting at home in their skiddies practising sweaty goals on FIFA.

21 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How much was Pearson allegedly on? 

Given our former owners track record of bulleting managers then if we paid them in washers it would still be too much as the club would be paying for their services with them sitting at home in their skiddies practising sweaty goals on FIFA.

And check out when they finally make their "long awaited return to management". 

Only when dcfc stop writing the cheques methinks..... ?