West Bromwich Albion (H) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

Again, like several times this season im just bursting with pride for the youngsters, were fantastic in terms of desire and workrate and at times found their feet to play a bit too

obviously stearman takes mom 

but alsop.. that save, knighty literally covered every blade of grass 3 times over, thompson was a little ferret around them, bird was mr dependable on the ball and festy did some ourstanding tracking back

even baldock did his bit getting off the pitch nice and quick when asked to do so 

delighted for everyone connected with the club

Coyr

not there today , still feeling the effects of covid , but the boys have cheered me up no end, proud of every single one of them , big shout out for the keeper , absolutely superb saves and also for Wayne , make do and mend starting eleven but he saw it wasnt working and changed it for the better , well done and congratulations gaffer

I have to say that WBA are such a poor collection of non entertaining footballers with the most boring of managers I have seen in a very long time, I have nothing against West Brom but they really don’t deserve to get promoted - hopefully they beat the Red dogs in the inevitable play offs 

Brilliant battling performance, brilliant atmosphere loved it. Odds against, us senior players out and we won the battle, now let’s go win the war and stay up. We’re Derby County we’ll fight till the end. 

It wasn't a good first half as it seemed like only a matter of time before west brom got a goal. They opened us up once or twice and looked dangerous in the first fifteen minutes. Rooney changed it around and we at least stemmed them more but offered nothing going forward. The game started to change second half, we put more pressure on the ball, started to pick up seconds in the midfield and actually put pressure on in the final 1/3rd. The result was a bit of luck but we've had more than our share of bad luck this season. 

The defending to hold onto the game was top notch with a solid shape and a brilliant stop at the end by Allsop to keep us ahead. I can't see us staying up but they're giving it their all which is all we can ask. 

Can we all just pause and spare a thought for the poor referee - he wanted West Brom to win so badly and will have been absolutely gutted by the result….and not only that, but he’ll need to explain to his mate Livermore how he failed to deliver the win (at least I assume they’re mates after seeing him fist-bump Livermore when they were warming up before the game!)

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Can we all just pause and spare a thought for the poor referee - he wanted West Brom to win so badly and will have been absolutely gutted by the result….and not only that, but he’ll need to explain to his mate Livermore how he failed to deliver the win (at least I assume they’re mates after seeing him fist-bump Livermore when they were warming up before the game!)

On that basis why didn’t he send Curtis off for that tackle? But agree in the sense that he did give them a lot of free kicks ??