Missing 10,000 it’s time too turn up

whaley bridge Ram

38 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Point 1: I’ve noticed that. We’re more vocal with lower than optimum numbers.

Point 2: beg to differ there @Carl Sagan; not often I disagree with your good self but I’m thoroughly enjoying the football. The images of Festy blitzing the Fulham fullback last night like a bike chasing after a train will live in my mind. And Curtis racing forward and setting up TL for the awesome strike that their keeper somehow beat behind. Bloody joyful football. Rooney has really got this group gelled and working like a machine. A few tweaks and …who knows! 

On point 2 the major difference for me is one of intent; we are trying to play football this season, take the game to people and make things happen. Yeah sometimes we make a bit of a fluff of trying to play our way out of trouble but I can respect that we keep trying to make it work and we are overall getting better at it. It's the same going forwards we don't score enough on paper that's for sure but it doesn't seem like it's from a lack of intent and even then I don't think we are far from finding the right balance to create enough meaningful chances. We are a mismatch of players who are past it, mediocre or at the very start of their career it would be easy to revert to percentage football or meekly accept our doom and yet we haven't and are still trying to do the right things. 

For me that's what's entertaining about this season; I can see a team shaping and evolving in spite of the external goings on. It's fun to see Bird really starting to hit his stride this season, Ebosele breaking through to terrorise players, Thompson coming out of nowhere as if he'd been playing in the championship for for 5 years or the likes of Jagielka and Davies pulling out every last trick they can to stop us conceding. The overall spirit of the team is one that is giving it's all and pulling in the same direction. Will it be good enough to get safety this season? Probably not but at least we go down giving our best effort.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I tend to think the support is better when attendances are smaller because it's the hard core who do get properly behind the team. 

People blame Covid for the fall in attendances, but the problem is unique to Derby so I think it's much more a mixture of the demoralized fanbase following administration and the fact we're not very good and hardly ever score or look like scoring. If it weren't for the points deduction we'd be projected at 53 points for the season, which would mean a relegation struggle anyway. With 21 points taken off that we're doomed so we know this will be a season of misery with the occasional high (eg Bournemouth).

Football should be entertaining but we do not play entertaining football.

image.thumb.png.c56b2e3825be7f9b6844a21c28d5faa2.png

giphy.gif

First year I've got three saeson tickets in my immediate family. We didn't go to Bouremouth as my wife was self isolating gtom COVID. I tested myself and all the kids and we're all negative but I did not want to risk passing it onto the more mature around me.

COVID is a reason why people are not going.

We'll be at the next home game, got Bristol away tickets and hopefully getting Cardiff.

26 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Terribly sorry but I won't be attending on Monday.  Its on the telly init. Good old sky, moving games from a Saturday so that the armchair fans can watch while I'm at work. 

Well I got a bit of a chill last night off the Thames, so I am greatly comforted by the fact I might be fighting with my blanky on Monday night.

pug blanket GIF

43 minutes ago, Beetle said:

First year I've got three saeson tickets in my immediate family. We didn't go to Bouremouth as my wife was self isolating gtom COVID. I tested myself and all the kids and we're all negative but I did not want to risk passing it onto the more mature around me.

COVID is a reason why people are not going.

We'll be at the next home game, got Bristol away tickets and hopefully getting Cardiff.

If you got cov19 your doing right thing mate.

But people cant be scared for ever some times you got to be brave face that fear head on.

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

It will take more than that to sort out my pain not helped by having to stand all the time throughout the game but worth it to support the team in their hour of need. Ready for Monday and then on to Brizzle.

I hear you buddy

I know what is like to have crippling pain and feeling like I could throw up with pain and sometimes I am.

But love of Derby get me through it.

36 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

For us over here in ireland,  flight times are biggest issue.  Trying to plan to far ahead for cheap flights has its downfall with TV schedule changes 

Could you not stop with family or friend over night if they live in Derby.

41 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

For us over here in ireland,  flight times are biggest issue.  Trying to plan to far ahead for cheap flights has its downfall with TV schedule changes 

If ever you need to stay over, we have a good spare room and you'd be made welcome. I have an Irish passport and Irish heritage. I'm a frequent visitor to Eire. 

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Does your wife know about your girlfriend? Bit rash announcing it on here if she doesn’t. 

Personally, I think it's quite cool.  I'd love to have an open marriage where that sort of thing is not only allowed, but encouraged!

...Apart from the rash bit.  People with "That sort of rash" disgust me, quite frankly!   

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

If you got cov19 your doing right thing mate.

But people cant be scared for ever some times you got to be brave face that fear head on.

Not turning up to a game because you have had direct contact with someone with Covid19 isn’t a sign of cowardice. It’s called being a thoroughly decent and responsible person. Thinking of more vulnerable people, rather than just thinking of themselves.