Missing 10,000 it’s time too turn up

whaley bridge Ram

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

Terribly sorry but I won't be attending on Monday.  Its on the telly init. Good old sky, moving games from a Saturday so that the armchair fans can watch while I'm at work. 

I've managed to swap a late for an early shift and it'll cost me a swap back one Friday no doubt, but yeah, Monday nights is toss for shift workers.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I think covid has an effect in that it has broken the pattern of regular attendance for many fans. Very few of the people who sat round us have returned since the break. I'm sure they aren't all victims of the virus, but once you get out of the habit of attending you might question why you were still doing it.

Have to say new faces are drifting in to our stand and they are noisier and more engaged with the football - it's fun! 

This is exactly it. It's not the virus itself, it's the habit that's been broken. Some people seem to think they have better things to do than watch a regularly disappointing, average championship team. 

I know I don't! 

9 hours ago, whaley bridge Ram said:

Fair points but I am sure we could muster a few more to join us . I am no spring chick and agree about night games it’s a trek  for us also especially in winter . certainly not calling out anyone who can’t afford but would love to be there far from it . times have been hard in the past although no covid . 

Maybe if I was offered a free coffee or given a free scarf. I’m full of good ideas. 

1 hour ago, OUTSIDER said:

prior to rona, EMA we could fly in and out same day for approx 40euro . But now flights only one a day at 8pm so now its a stop over for home games. 

Next games at home Blackpool and Sheffield hotels are booked and  cheap , got jury's for 40euro 

Sooner Ryanair get flights back to normal the better 

Ps

I'm not Irish ?

Feck ye then. 

10 hours ago, FindernRam said:

PS Before you start calling people out for not attending: I had 2 season tickets almost every year since '68. So at a rough estimate I've probably spent over £20k on the Rams.

How does it feel to realise that your lifetime of contributions to dcfc was wholly expended in keeping ikechi anya living in style one Monday to Thursday...... 

?

3 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Hate to say it but Forest averaging 24k and 17th in the league is bloody impressive. Points deduction away we're not having a wildly different season. 

Fiver a ticket for 23 yrs old and under .  Season tickets for 23 and under for £ 100, or see the match for less than it cost to buy the pint before as its known.  24 K is shocking at those rates 

9 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Still go wind rain or shine. I find Friday nights and Mondays a pain. 
I take my Dad who is over 80 with two new knees and a new hip, I don’t accept the COVID excuse if folk want to go they’ll go.

Last I heard, folks still getting seriously ill and dying from Covid. 

To be honest, I am not concerned about the majority of the “missing 10,000”.

Quite often they are the ones who are showing up and moaning about the fact that the current crop can’t spread 60 yard pinpoint passes and score every time we go forward. Oh, and why aren’t our keepers able to dominate the box and perform better than any keeper we have ever seen?

The atmosphere at the ground is much less poisonous as a result.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Fiver a ticket for 23 yrs old and under .  Season tickets for 23 and under for £ 100, or see the match for less than it cost to buy the pint before as its known.  24 K is shocking at those rates 

It's crap support for a city of their size, just like Leeds. Don't let anyone tell you different.