Missing 10,000 it’s time too turn up

whaley bridge Ram

Amazing support yet again last night. Both home and away this season the fans that bother to turn up are busting a gut to get behind the lads. And deservedly so with the performances there putting in .Wayne  has certainly got them all playing for our great club . It’s time fog the missing flock to turn out and get behind the lads starting on Monday it’s not over and we’re not down yet 

There are a lot of fans who are not turning up who might wish to be ‘busting a gut’ too. However, COVID has not been fair to the old - and we do have I would suggest a quite old fan demographic - nor has it been kind to many in terms of income. I think it’s a bit crass to call out fans who in the past have done their bit, but for now have good reason for not being able to attend.

8 minutes ago, whaley bridge Ram said:

Amazing support yet again last night. Both home and away this season the fans that bother to turn up are busting a gut to get behind the lads. And deservedly so with the performances there putting in .Wayne  has certainly got them all playing for our great club . It’s time fog the missing flock to turn out and get behind the lads starting on Monday it’s not over and we’re not down yet 

As @iRam says, there is a good reason why some are not turning up. Also, missing “10,000” is a tad excessive. When was the last time we have 30,000 or thereabouts for a home game?

It would be good if attendances were to increase but, to be honest, anything above say 24,000 would be pretty damn amazing. As I’ve said on another thread, a cold Monday night (don’t forget we have quite a few fans that travel a bit of a distance) in late November when it’s live on TV probably isn’t the time it’s going to happen.

The attendances appear to be on the up for a good few in the Championship.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/average-attendance-of-every-championship-club-for-the-2021-22-season-so-far/

Derby COUNTY

The average attendance at Derby County’s Pride Park for the 2021/22 Championship season so far currently stands at 19,386

It means that the Rams, who sit 24th in the current standings, have on average filled 57.7 % of their ground, according to data from the Transfermarkt website.

The club had 22,079 for the 2019/20 season, however fans were unable to attend from March 2019 and then for the majority, weren’t allowed to allow full capacity for the 2020/21 campaign.

Season ticket holder, but not a lover of getting wet and cold walking to a night match anymore.

They've had their money though, I blame covid and watching at home in the warm.

It doesn’t rain every night match though, so can still cheer them on.

40 minutes ago, whaley bridge Ram said:

Afraid your phrase "bother to turn up" is obtuse, blinkered and not likely to get people on side to your rallying call. 

The flip side to this is “isn’t it amazing a team bottom of the league with massive points deduction, probably going to be relegated, in administration and probably can’t strengthen the team much anytime soon still getting 20k a match.” Oh and in covid times. Oh and with fiasco about buying tickets etc. I would expect any team to pull in fewer numbers with these sorts of things happening. 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

Still go wind rain or shine. I find Friday nights and Mondays a pain. 
I take my Dad who is over 80 with two new knees and a new hip, I don’t accept the COVID excuse if folk want to go they’ll go.

Good for you and your dad.

But I wouldn't belittle someones fears, especially someone with respiratory issues. You could be a ducking RoboCop, but if you had severe respiratory problems, you'd have to be very stupid or just suicidal to be in attendance.

2 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

The flip side to this is “isn’t it amazing a team bottom of the league with massive points deduction, probably going to be relegated, in administration and probably can’t strengthen the team much anytime soon still getting 20k a match.” Oh and in covid times. I would expect any team to pull in fewer numbers with these sorts of things happening. 

Well Fulham certainly did

5 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I take my Dad who is over 80 with two new knees and a new hip, I don’t accept the COVID excuse if folk want to go they’ll go.

Great that you are in a position to be able to do that and hope you're enjoying the season. Is there any particular format in which those previous season ticket holders who cant go at the moment should submit their excuses to you? Do you want them ahead of each match or just generally? If you dont accept the excuse what then please? Are we banned forever if our circumstances change because we cant go at the moment for the first since the 1980s?

1 hour ago, whaley bridge Ram said:

Amazing support yet again last night. Both home and away this season the fans that turn up are busting a gut to get behind the lads or creating polite applause, or playing on their phones or drinking in the concourse. It's splendid to see you all, particularly those who travel short distances, long distances or those inbetween. Well done to you all! Wayne  has certainly got the lads all playing for our great club . It’s time for the missing flock who can afford it, haven't got covid issues or other extenuating health  circumstances, aren't of a sensitive nature, don't have to babysit or don't like cold weather or a bit of drizzle to turn out and get behind the lads starting whenever you feel you're able to, but preferably before we go into liquidation or get to Wembley again. It’s not over and we’re not down yet. 

Fixed that for you, Whaley. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it? ?

Edited by angieram
Fat fingers

11 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Great news about your dad.  Long may that little arrangement remain so.  ?

I'd imagine those that are using Covid as "an excuse" to stay away aren't overly concerned as to whether you accept it or not.  And rightly so, I'd say.

And how about those that didn't actually make it through Covid?  Is that a good enough excuse for them not going anymore?   
Perhaps we should introduce a "Cryonics Corner" or "The Taxidermy Terrace"?  (With safe standing, obvs!) 

Oh yeah... great news about your dad.  Did I mention that?   ???